• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Officer Yanez Found Not Guilty On All Counts In Castile’s Death

studyguy

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/06/16/jeronimo-yanez-verdict-philando-castile/

ST. PAUL, Minn. (WCCO) – After days of deliberation, a jury has found Jeronimo Yanez, the St. Anthony police officer who fatally shot Philando Castile during a traffic stop last summer, not guilty of second-degree manslaughter in the cafeteria worker’s death.

Four days after attorney’s made closing arguments, a jury decided Friday that the 29-year-old police officer was not guilty of “culpable negligence” in Castile’s death. The officer would’ve faced up to a decade in prison.

He was also found not guilty of two counts of endangerment by intentionally shooting a firearm, one count relating to Castille’s girlfriend Diamond Reynolds, and the other pertaining to her child, who was sitting in the back seat.

Yanez, who is Latino, shot Castile five times last July during a traffic stop in Falcon Heights. The shooting happened just seconds after Castile, 32, informed the officer that he had a gun, which he had a permit to carry.

In closing arguments Monday, prosecutors argued that Yanez never saw Castile’s gun and should not have shot him even if he had.

The defense, on the other hand, maintained that Yanez acted in self-defense and argued that the shooting wouldn’t have happened if Castile wasn’t high on marijuana.

FuturusX

I don't advocate this often...but when you hear news like this...you want to just let it all just burn down to the ground.

Tcab96

The defense, on the other hand, maintained that Yanez acted in self-defense and argued that the shooting wouldn’t have happened if Castile wasn’t high on marijuana.

What the fuck? Seriously? What? I can't even... fuck off with that.

How does that even kind of make sense?

dark_chris

Gold Member
it was fucking filmed and everything was right there!
Jury - "Nah, he didnt mean to. He was just scared for his life. Not guilty."

Fucking stupid ass shit.

Of all these horrible fucking shootings, the fact that this asshole gets off scott free from cleary....CLEARLY....murdering this man is making my blood boil.

There better be some civil unrest with this shit.

Struct09

...are you kidding me?

Absolutely fucking disgusting. And last month it was Terrance Cutcher's killer who got off as well.

No fucking justice.

No fucking justice at all.

Valhelm

contribute something
Fucking hell

No sane person can watch that video and say, with a straight face, it was self-defence

Top Bottom