• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official COMIC BOOK DAY!™ Thread, Yo! - June 9th, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
ACTION COMICS #816
NIGHTWING #94
INCREDIBLE HULK #73
IRON MAN #84
STREET FIGHTER #8

Yes the cull has begun.... all Ultimate books... gone(I don't need "alternate" universe versions of characters I've grown up with), Transformers... gone(None of the books jive with the old G1 storyline ...even the new G1 book doesn't... so no thanks).

keiichi

BITE CLUB #3 (Of 6) (MR)
Possibly, the story hasn't captured me as much as I thought it would, but the covers are fantastic

GLOBAL FREQUENCY #12 (Of 12)
I thought this ended a while ago, guess i'll have to find the other parts to re-read to figure out what's going on

WALKING DEAD #8 (MR) :)

THOR SON OF ASGARD #5 (Of 6)
light and fun

ULTIMATE X-MEN #47
I want to see where this first BV arc goes

ROBOTECH STEALTH SHADOW FIGHTER TOYFARE EX FIGURE
I think I ordered this

STREET FIGHTER CVR A #8 || STREET FIGHTER CVR B #8
[one of these

FnordChan

neogaf.jpg

Hurrah for NeoGAF! Hurrah for comics!

Global Frequency #12 (of 12) - Well, at least it wasn't as late as Ministry of Space #3. Fortunately, Gene "Top 10" Ha is providing the art, so the art should prove to be worth the wait.

Walking Dead #8 - More essential zombie goodness.

Ultimate X-Men #47 - Brian Vaughn got his run off to a great start last issue, so I'm psyched about this. Besides, it's got punk Storm. How can you resist punk Storm?

Buddha Vol. 4 - This was a cheap week for me until this showed up. However, for 400 pages of hardcover Tezuka goodness, I'll happy shell out the twenty-five bucks.

1932234462.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

That would have been the highlight of the week, except for:

Street Angel #2 - The first issue of Street Angel was the best first issue of anything ever. It was a savage kick in the pants of the whole of comicdom. If it's energy could be harnessed by our current technology, we'd be able to power entire cities with each issue. And now, in issue two, the inevitable: Pirates versus Ninjas. With skateboarding! But, hey, don't just take my word for it - go read some sample pages and see for yourself.

twoftcvrpre.jpg

FnordChan

Bowser

DarienA said:
ACTION COMICS #816
NIGHTWING #94
INCREDIBLE HULK #73
IRON MAN #84
STREET FIGHTER #8

Yes the cull has begun.... all Ultimate books... gone(I don't need "alternate" universe versions of characters I've grown up with), Transformers... gone(None of the books jive with the old G1 storyline ...even the new G1 book doesn't... so no thanks).

Regarding Nightwing #94:

Nightwing #94 scores 1/10 @ TheFourthRail.com

Now, if it was a 5-6 out of 10, I would ignore the review and try it out at the shop; but a 1/10 is just too horrid and the best I'd do is read it at the shop. You should spend your hard-earned money on one of the most surprising X-Men reload titles: District X.

TheFourthRail.com gives District X #1 a 9/10
TheFourthRail.com gives District X #2 a 10/10

Just trying to help you spend your money wisely and get support for great book all at the same time! :p

WORLDS BEST COMICS THE SILVER AGE DC ARCHIVES SAMPLER - I don't know what this is, but I have an overwhelming urge to buy it.
ULTIMATE X-MEN #47

I'm debating whether or not to go to this Brad Metzler signing thing tomorrow night. On the one hand, I'm not interested in Identity Crisis at all. On the other hand.... uh.... I'm pretty bored and don't really have anything better to do on a Tuesday. Well, whatever.

DarienA

Bowser said:
Regarding Nightwing #94:

Nightwing #94 scores 1/10 @ TheFourthRail.com

Now, if it was a 5-6 out of 10, I would ignore the review and try it out at the shop; but a 1/10 is just too horrid and the best I'd do is read it at the shop. You should spend your hard-earned money on one of the most surprising X-Men reload titles: District X.

TheFourthRail.com gives District X #1 a 9/10
TheFourthRail.com gives District X #2 a 10/10

Just trying to help you spend your money wisely and get support for great book all at the same time! :p

The summary of why District X exists just holds no interest to me... Bishop is a cop in the mutant area of NY? So?

As for Nightwing... I'll look at it in the store first.

Bowser

DarienA said:
The summary of why District X exists just holds no interest to me... Bishop is a cop in the mutant area of NY? So?

As for Nightwing... I'll look at it in the store first.

Eh, as long as you put your money towards a good book that deserves it, s'all good :p

DarienA

Bowser said:
Eh, as long as you put your money towards a good book that deserves it, s'all good :p

UGh I have zero interest in getting involved in a "what's a good book" debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom