• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF E3 2006 Thread (initial post updated regularly)

Diablos said:
And I can't connect to anyone. :(
Since I don't think it was mentioned yet or in the first post, you need to set your connection to "Active", then specify your IP address that is broadcasted to the internets, and finally open up a TCP and UDP port (aka port forwarding) on your rounter\modem\what-not.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Benadryl Hitman said:
Since I don't think it was mentioned yet or in the first post, you need to set your connection to "Active", then specify your IP address that is broadcasted to the internets, and finally open up a TCP and UDP port (aka port forwarding) on your rounter\modem\what-not.

what

Mau ®

It's list time!!!

PS3

- Silent Hill 5 Next Gen horror OMG FTW. I m really excited for it and how it will look. Hopefully it'll be announced and shown

- Medal of Honor: Airborne I really like the concept and the look. I hope it makes launch and doesn't suck

- Oblivion PS3 announcement hopefully.

PSP

- The next "The Sims" itineration for PSP. I really enjoyed The Sims 2 on PSP even with the loadtimes from hell.

- FF7:Crisis Core better be there!!

- Silent Hill: Original Sin, is it real and how does it fare on PSP

- Oblivion PSP, if its real...

-Every Extend Extra

PS2

-Final Fantasy XII launch date, hopefully sooner

-SMT: Devil Summoner. Im not finished with Nocturne and haven't begun DDS and DDS2 but this one looks amazing.

DS

- Final Fantasy III

-Zelda: PH

Revolution

Nothing specific, just the games's mechanics

Come E3 GAF's server is going to melt.

I couldn't get into the forums for two days because of Nintendo's Wii.

E3: Wii be fucked.

BTMash

I'm hoping for a guide for dummies as well as I keep getting dc'ed every few minutes with a "existing connection was forcibly closed by a remote host" message and I have no idea where that is coming from. Otherwise, will there be anything going on in IRC? I have an fserver set up for that and can share on there.

ant1532

Banned
inthezone said:
It's list time!!!

PS3

- Silent Hill 5 Next Gen horror OMG FTW. I m really excited for it and how it will look. Hopefully it'll be announced and shown

- Medal of Honor: Airborne I really like the concept and the look. I hope it makes launch and doesn't suck

- Oblivion PS3 announcement hopefully.

PSP

- The next "The Sims" itineration for PSP. I really enjoyed The Sims 2 on PSP even with the loadtimes from hell.

- FF7:Crisis Core better be there!!

- Silent Hill: Original Sin, is it real and how does it fare on PSP

- Oblivion PSP, if its real...

-Every Extend Extra

PS2

-Final Fantasy XII launch date, hopefully sooner

-SMT: Devil Summoner. Im not finished with Nocturne and haven't begun DDS and DDS2 but this one looks amazing.

DS

- Final Fantasy III

-Zelda: PH

Wii

Nothing specific, just the games's mechanics
fixed

I have an exam on the 10th, so if I'm going to get a decent grade I'll have to sit this E3 out. :( I hope GAF is still alive when I return.

Amir0x

Banned
tebiro boy said:
I have an exam on the 10th, so if I'm going to get a decent grade I'll have to sit this E3 out. :( I hope GAF is still alive when I return.

Well when you get back from your school work, just check the first post and it should be updated. Just expect like 18 pages worth of summary, 'cause there's a LOT of news coming. This is how the TGS Summary thread turned out.

For quicker access, just bookmark this url.

acidviper

Banned
Do ths conferences start 30minutes after the scheduled time. I remember 2 years ago listening to the live show and waiting a half hour for the Nintendo show to start..

Jacobi

Banned
acidviper said:
Do ths conferences start 30minutes after the scheduled time. I remember 2 years ago listening to the live show and waiting a half hour for the Nintendo show to start..
There was nice music though. Oh wait that was last year.

Well, I don't really count on GAF in these wild days, but DC++ is enough for me.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Apologies if I keep reading over it, but why do I keep getting disconnected from the DC channels after I connect?

<Ages> Welcome to E3-Ages. Type 'help' to main chat to see available commands
Private message from Trig: <Trig> Hello Servizio. Welcomd to E3-Ages
*** Disconnected

acidviper said:

usually is a delay whilst everyone tries to get seated etc. Last year Nintendo's was delayed because too many people = unhappy fire marshal

Zenith

Banned
this is a general post to all gaffers. we know the forums will be slow at E3, and guess what, all those simpletons who post about how slow they are (as seen in Wii+TGS threads) are slowing it down.

Calidor

iwatahair.gif

oh my god! :lol :lol :lol

Acosta

In case anyone care, Novia Pre-E3 event is Tuesday from 17:30-21:00. It´s supposed to be interesting, so who knows.

Railer

MrPing1000 said:
we use both, they work hand in hand very very well.

Indeed they do.
I used to like torrents alot until i got some proper uploadspeed.
Now i use DC++ more then ever before. But that doesnt mean i dont use torrents.

I'll be helping seeding as much as possible , sitting on a pretty nice connection.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
What of SH5 is confirmed to be at the show?

Is it video only, or playable?

Daaaaaamn am I looking forward to this...

Hmmm... SH5 or RE5....?
Maybe, that is sone next-gen goodness.
(Money's on SH5 to be visually superior, RE5 to be gameplay superior :) )

Wollan

tsp_gatmog said:
Has anything at all been said about Silent Hill 5, for any platform?

Not for E3 if that's what you mean(but they said that they are going to announce some interesting developments for the franchise at the show, that may 'just' be the PSP game Original Sin or maybe both). The Silent Hill team is working on the PS3 though as expected. I think they said that the plot of SH5 is the one they originally planned to have as SH3 in the franchise but postponed due to some wanting a SH1 sequel, another reason for postponiong it is that its supposedly the most disturbing and brutal story of them all. After SH4 and the success with the room part they also said that they were thinking about having fps view as a major element for the next one.

Strike

New?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=16429

PRESS RELEASE: Play Ten Interactive to Showcase New Titles at E3

Press release supplied by Games Press 14:15 27/04/2006

MOSCOW &mdash; (April 27, 2006) -- Play Ten Interactive (PTI), a developer and publisher of award winning computer game titles, announced today that it will be showcasing several new products at the upcoming E3 show in Los Angeles including The Precursors, Battle for Atlantis, The Wall and White Gold: War in Paradise.

The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is the world's premiere trade event exclusively dedicated to showcasing interactive entertainment and educational software and related products. E3 2006 will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center from May 10 &ndash; 12, 2006. Conferences are held May 9 &ndash; 11 and the show floor is open May 10 &ndash; 12.

&quot;We look forward to attending E3 and have an excellent line-up of AAA products for this year's show,&quot; said Dmitri Kruglov, CEO of Play Ten Interactive. &quot;We continue to work with the finest developers around the world to create unique computer games of the highest quality standards. Our main task for now is to switch to producing next-gen products quickly. We'll show that we've managed to do that in LA.&quot;

Play Ten Interactive's E3 titles will include:

The Precursors
A RPG/FPS with space simulation elements, The Precursors explores the speculations of modern-day scientists and writers that other civilizations were able to discover the space flight way before the Human race launched it's first rockets. Offering a perfect mix of stylish game play, cutting-edge 3D graphics, open-ended world of cosmic proportions and elaborate sci-fi setting, The Precursors are poised to set another benchmark in the genre. Platform: PC CD/DVD-Rom, Xbox360, Release date: Q3 2007, Game Languages: English/German/French/Spanish/Italian, Developer: Deep Shadows (creators of Boiling Point).

Battle for Atlantis (working title)
A fantasy RTS, Battle for Atlantis features advanced and unique water technologies and special effects through waves, tsunamis, waterfalls and river flows. From the developers of Ancient Wars: Sparta, action in Battle for Atlantis moves players between seabed environments and dry land creating an immersive game play experience. Platform: PC CD/DVD-Rom, Release date: Q3 2007, Game Languages: English/German/French/Spanish/Italian, Developer: WorldForge

The Wall
A modern/cyberpunk FPS, The Wall places players in a futuristic world dominated by three powerful factions. A catastrophe occurred almost 300 years ago and the Earth as we know it today no longer exists. With more than 20 levels and 15 geographic locations, players begin the game as a member of a small resistance cell and must fight against the battling factions to ensure a needed peace. Platform: PC CD/DVD-Rom, PlayStation 3, Release date: Q1 2008, Game Languages: English/German/French/Spanish/Italian, Developer: Burut CT (creators of UberSoldier)

White Gold: War in Paradise
A modern FPS/RPG, White Gold: War in Paradise explores the shadowy background of modern low intensity conflicts. Based in the Caribbean basin, players find themselves on an island aflame with revolt. A unique mix of an action shooter and RPG, White Gold: War in Paradise provides a rich game play environment with non-stop action. Platform: PC CD/DVD-Rom, Release date: Q4 2007, Game Languages: English/German/French/Spanish/Italian, Developer: Deep Shadows

Play Ten Interactive will have meeting rooms at E3 and will be positioned at stand #7121 in Kentia Hall. To set up an appointment to meet with Play Ten Interactive during the show, please contact the PR service of Play Ten Interactive at press@playten.com or 7 (495) 401-37-55. During the show, Play Ten representatives can be reached at 213-743-6202.

About Play Ten Interactive
Play Ten Interactive (PTI) is an independent publisher and developer of interactive entertainment software for personal computers. Company was founded in 2005 by a group of professionals and is headquartered in Russia, Moscow. PTI publishing covers everything from localization, continuous PR and smart marketing campaigns, through to designing the packaging and producing the CD-ROMs. All of PTI's projects are realized in close co-operation with the affiliated development, localization, marketing and distribution companies. For more information, please visit www.playten.com.

The Wall (PC/PS3)

decc81f494869e7ce90486885a847ba9.jpg

bcebc25b75e4af654dffb3d0d195fc78.jpg

ef6d0b5dbf371e27dbb9e22b3028dfab.jpg

Rocked

Can someone please tell me the server and name of the GAF IRC channel? It would be nice to chat about it as it's happening (as I expect the forum to go down) Or will people be chatting in DC++?

Wollan

Rocked said:
Can someone please tell me the server and name of the GAF IRC channel? It would be nice to chat about it as it's happening (as I expect the forum to go down) Or will people be chatting in DC++?

Let's use DC++ only please. One program is enough. :)

And one more thing... it's now MAY in Australia!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Wollan said:
Oh my fucking god he would be the greatest video game character ever. All he's missing is the aviator sunglasses but I think for just this once I'll live without them.

Someone will have to carry the torch of the GAF video downloader. I did a 5 - 7 DVD compilation of it last year and I won't be able to do the same this year unfortuantely.

Danj

Rocked said:
Can someone please tell me the server and name of the GAF IRC channel?

GAF's IRC channel is ...

What is this DC++ thing anyway, and why is it better than the IRC channel?

Also, for people who are having trouble because of packet filtering, if this DC++ thing is a closed network, have you considered setting up an encrypted virtual private network using something like Hamachi? It's dead easy to install and set up, it's no more difficult than logging in to your favourite instant messenger, and it basically gives you a virtual LAN with its own set of IP addresses that you can connect to just like you would normally. Because it's encrypted using AES-256, it should defeat packet inspection filters.

btw. i've finally found a version of DC++ (0.232 or something like that) that works with my windows ME but when i want to connect to the neoGAF-hub (eee.kicks-ass.org) DC++ tells me that i need to share at least 20GB to connect to this hub :-/

Wollan

GreggTheGrimReaper said:
btw. i've finally found a version of DC++ (0.232 or something like that) that works with my windows ME but when i want to connect to the neoGAF-hub (eee.kicks-ass.org) DC++ tells me that i need to share at least 20GB to connect to this hub :-/

It's only 20mb. :)

Hopefully I can get the bulk of my work done this week. Can't wait to get some sleep in while watching the Sony Press Conf.

megateto

I can onlsy say WOW. Same settings as last year, I'll make sure to leave enough disk space to share stuff.

Thanks!

Any chance that we are going to see a PSP redesign at E3? Because I'm in the market for one, and it would kill me if I bought one now and they would present a redesign version with 4gb flash memory included next week...

Animal

Banned
TerryLee81 said:
Any chance that we are going to see a PSP redesign at E3? Because I'm in the market for one, and it would kill me if I bought one now and they would present a redesign version with 4gb flash memory included next week...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did. I, like you, want to buy one but im going to wait till after E3.

Top Bottom