• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF E3 2006 Thread (initial post updated regularly)

giant_frying_pan said:
No they aren't, as we are also observing daylight savings.

We are currently in British Summer Time (BST) which is GMT+1. So you'll need to fix your clocks ;)

PDT is GMT - 7, BST is GMT + 1

so thats 8 hours

nintendo conference 9.30am PDT, 5.30pm BST

That is of course presuming that the times given in Amir0x's post aren't PST but rather PDT (which the PST zone currently is in)

Sander

pR0gR4m3R said:
http://yamauchi.selwerd.nl/~d3/e32006.php

CET means Center Europe Time??

Thx for answering my question
Yup, Central European Time. However, I just noticed we are using CEST, Central European Summer Time right now. I'll make the necessary adjustments.

Xdrive05

So is GAF going to do anything to conserve bandwidth (or whatever it is to improve server performance)? Will it be going into text-only mode or something like that?

I know this server can be a real pain to deal with at E3 time. And to be honest, this is the ONLY good place to be to discuss E3 stuff. I'd even contribute a few bucks if it would ensure the site is always up and running.

Xdrive05 said:
So is GAF going to do anything to conserve bandwidth (or whatever it is to improve server performance)? Will it be going into text-only mode or something like that?

I know this server can be a real pain to deal with at E3 time. And to be honest, this is the ONLY good place to be to discuss E3 stuff. I'd even contribute a few bucks if it would ensure the site is always up and running.

lurkers and avatars will go. But it will still die a terrible death several times over.

It wouldn't be e3 without it

u_neek

What's up with all the media released before E3 this year? sure comes early this year.
Don't remember it being like this every year... not this much!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Once again, there is no point in disabling avatars as they're external. And no, guests will not be locked out.

And we don't need to "conserve bandwidth." It's never about bandwidth, it's about mysql and php load. If you missed my recent thread, a big hardware upgrade went live yesterday; the numbers that killed us last year we'll be able to handle this year without any slowdown. I can't guarantee that it's going to stay 100% smooth 100% of the time, but we're better prepared to handle things this year than any year prior.

jag0

at the risk of seeming like a complete n00b with this DC++ thing (which i am)
when i connct to the eee server, i have a file shared thats more than 20 megs, but it still disconnects me. Am i doing smoething wrong??

Xdrive05

EviLore said:
Once again, there is no point in disabling avatars as they're external. And no, guests will not be locked out.

And we don't need to "conserve bandwidth." It's never about bandwidth, it's about mysql and php load. If you missed my recent thread, a big hardware upgrade went live yesterday; the numbers that killed us last year we'll be able to handle this year without any slowdown. I can't guarantee that it's going to stay 100% smooth 100% of the time, but we're better prepared to handle things this year than any year prior.

Ah, great news. I knew it wasn't bandwidth that slowed us down, but I couldn't think of the exact factors. It's great to know we can hang on this year! Thanks, boss.

Has this been posted?

Pre-E3 2006: Namco Bandai Reveals Lineup
From Ace Combat to Zatchbell!, with some Hellgate and Tekken in between.
by David Adams

May 2, 2006 - After giving us a sneaky peek at their next-gen E3 lineup yesterday, Namco Bandai today revealed their full list (save any surprises, of course) of titles to be shown at this year's show. Now that Namco and Bandai have formed their respective lion pieces into one mighty battle bot, the list is a diverse mix of classic franchises (Tekken, Ridge Racer), fresh PC titles (Hellgate, Warhammer), a healthy dose of Pocky-ready anime tie-ins, and even a certain high-flying dog.

* Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception (PSP)
* Charlie Brown's All-Stars (PS2, PSP)
* Culdcept Saga (X360)
* Eureka Seven Vol 1: The New Wave (PS2)
* The Fast and the Furious (PS2, PSP)
* .hack//G.U. Vol.1: Rebirth (PS2)
* Hellgate: London (PC)
* IGPX (PS2)
* Mage Knight Apocalypse (PC)
* Mobile Ops: The One Year War (X360)
* Naruto: Ultimate Ninja (PS2)
* One Piece Grand Adventure (Cube, PS2)
* Pac-Man World Rally (Cube, PC, PS2, PSP)
* Ridge Racer 7 (PS3)
* Snoopy vs. The Red Baron (PC, PS2, PSP)
* The Legend of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch (PSP)
* Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
* Tekken 6 (PS3)
* Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP)
* Warhammer: Mark of Chaos (PC)
* Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra (PS2)
* Zatchbell!: Mamodo Fury (Cube, PS2)

No Wii or Ds love?

Amir0x

Banned
man, Defective, you know none of the companies are gonna reveal their biggest secrets in a pre-E3 press release.

Namco got shit for Wii, that's for damn sure. Not sure on DS... but we know they got games in the works for that system, so... I'm sure we'll see plenty too.

Amir0x said:
man, Defective, you know none of the companies are gonna reveal their biggest secrets in a pre-E3 press release.

Namco got shit for Wii, that's for damn sure. Not sure on DS... but we know they got games in the works for that system, so... I'm sure we'll see plenty too.

yeah i know this man, Amir0x, i just can't see why they have to be 100% secretive!!

Bhav

MrPing1000 said:
PDT is GMT - 7, BST is GMT + 1

so thats 8 hours

nintendo conference 9.30am PDT, 5.30pm BST

That is of course presuming that the times given in Amir0x's post aren't PST but rather PDT (which the PST zone currently is in)

Yep you're spot on mate.

So the Sony conference will start at midnight Monday evening for us UK'ers (assuming it starts on time).

Xdrive05

Xenon said:
Maybe it would be good idea to split up SONY/NINTENDO/MS into 3 sep official threads.

Maybe a different thread for each press conference. Then this thread can be used for "general" E3 stuff, NOT related to the news revealed at the press conferences. No?

:)

Amir0x

Banned
This is a E3 SUMMARY THREAD. Every bit of E3 info I can gather will be in this summarized in the first post. Conferences will likely have seperate threads, but the news from them will still be summarized here.

If you guys read the summary and think I miss any news, if you could format it properly for me I'll update any news I missed.

Xdrive05

Amir0x said:
This is a E3 SUMMARY THREAD. Every bit of E3 info I can gather will be in this summarized in the first post. Conferences will likely have seperate threads, but the news from them will still be summarized here.

If you guys read the summary and think I miss any news, if you could format it properly for me I'll update any news I missed.

That sounds awesomerific.

By proper formatting I assume you mean formatting news items exactly like how you have them formatted in the OP, right?

Amir0x

Banned
Xdrive05 said:
That sounds awesomerific.

By proper formatting I assume you mean formatting news items exactly like how you have them formatted in the OP, right?

Yeah. Make sure you read the key - so if you're posting a video, use "V", an Image is "I", etc... and just keep it in that format. Make sure you have the game title, a short sentence about it, and then the articles/media in parenthesis.

Nokia N-Gage press event is Tuesday 9th from 5pm to 9pm..... location: The Rooftop Bar at The Standard.

Invitation text:

"Drinks, entertainment and the opportunity to be the first to see and play Nokia's next generation mobile gaming experience."

Amir0x

Banned
grindamasta said:
Nokia N-Gage press event is Tuesday 9th from 5pm to 9pm..... location: The Rooftop Bar at The Standard.

Invitation text:

"Drinks, entertainment and the opportunity to be the first to see and play Nokia's next generation mobile gaming experience."

"What an opportunity!"

djkimothy

sharukins said:
A very reliable poster on TxB is posting that Alan Wake will now be published by Microsoft

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=439848

is this true?
noooooooo.jpg

ant1532

Banned
Gamespot awesome fucking scheldule is live! obviously the stay stuned stuff is stuff that cant be said since its not announced

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html

Edit*!!

under scheldule for Wednesday the first thing is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9:00am Red Blood, Hard Rock
Two surprise must-see demos of new next-gen titles!

red steel and gutar hearo 2 anyone??????!!!!

they also have a kick off show at midnight tuesday/wednesday which is awesome!! ( they can do this since they are theyre as a booth)

Teddman

grindamasta said:

Invitation text:

Damn, that's the same time as eFocus. They used to always schedule theirs right before eFocus, and closeby so you could hit them both in one shot.

sharukins

Banned
Someone make this into a new topic, this will get alot of pages

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=5492&page=1

Review of AGEIA:

Currently there's no reason to spend the £200+ to acquire one. The current effects in the supported games aren't worth the price and potential performance drop. Cell Factor and awesome UE3.0 games, where art thou? Without those the PhysX hardware is a curiosity for the gamer.

That the physics API space for games is fragmented -- with Ageia and Havok plowing the field on their own, and with the Khronos group and Microsoft not announcing any Open or DirectPhysics making it seem like it'll be that way for a while -- isn't good for adoption either.

Outside of gaming there's some scope for the PhysX hardware to be used for general purpose parallel floating point computation, given its parallel nature, but the API simply doesn't cater for that in any meaningful way just yet, the interconnect it's sat on somewhat limits the usefulness in that respect, and it's a 32-bit Windows device only at the time of writing. The goodly chunk of on-board storage counts in its favour for that, though. Another distant possibility.

The limited number of titles and their disappointing use of the PhysX PPU means that this first look is almost not worth the bother, but it serves us well as an intro to what it's capable of, hinting at future promise. We'll revisit the PhysX PPU in due course.

tedhbrown

Banned
Gamespot will broadcast the sony conference LIVE and for free on monday. Free version will be low res, and paid version will be high res.

master15

Just confrimation for UK GAF members, Sonys conference should be on Monday night, and Nintendo's on Tuesday? Looks like I won't be going to work much next week between this and the cricket :D

master15 said:
Just confrimation for UK GAF members, Sonys conference should be on Monday night, and Nintendo's on Tuesday? Looks like I won't be going to work much next week between this and the cricket :D

For the UK members, it'll be more like early Tuesday morning for Sony's press conference

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Related issue:

I'm now trying to d/l the 2005 Sony Press conf. (never saw it) from IGN... but its only comming in at 120KB/sec. Over TWO HOURS to get the whole thing. I'm going to have a conniption if IGN's bandwidth is that slow Tuesday night.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
- ps. Are you guys going to get away with Torrenting IGN et al's Press Conference videos?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Gahiggidy said:
Related issue:

I'm now trying to d/l the 2005 Sony Press conf. (never saw it) from IGN... but its only comming in at 120KB/sec. Over TWO HOURS to get the whole thing. I'm going to have a conniption if IGN's bandwidth is that slow Tuesday night.

I'd not be surprised, one of the reasons I canceled last year.

On a unrelated note,

The news list for Xbox still has nothing.. has nothing been announced? Or was the xbox really dropped like a unwanted stepchild?

Gahiggidy said:
Related issue:

you seriously aren't missing out on much. SPREADSHEETS AHOY!

MrPing1000 said:
you seriously aren't missing out on much. SPREADSHEETS AHOY!

Funny, I just rewatched the Sony 2005 Press Conference, and while there lots of slides, there was an equal or greater ammount of videos, tech demos, and interviews and shit.

If you want the Sony Press Conference, go to the torrent site linked to on the Original Post in this thread.

Top Bottom