• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: New Daredevil show coming to Disney+

Cocksman

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/daredevil-disney-plus-series-matt-corman-chris-ord-1235272299/

A new “Daredevil” series is moving forward at Disney+, with Variety having exclusively learned from sources that Matt Corman and Chris Ord are attached to write and executive produce.

Rumors have persisted for some time that a Disney+ series about the Man Without Fear was in the works, especially considering that two of the stars of the Netflix “Daredevil” series — Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio — have appeared in recent Marvel projects. Cox once again played Matt Murdock, the secret identity of Daredevil, in the film “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” while D’Onofrio reprised the role of Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. Kingpin, in the Disney+ series “Hawkeye.”

Can’t wait to see him in Echo first! gimme dat Yellow suit.

Last edited:

Amiga

1st season was great. 2nd and 3rd were extra slow and bogged down by the crossover setup.

DD probably has the most consistent great creative runs. Marvel should just adapt those without trying much alterations. Now with DD fully in the MCU they can use more of the wider themes and references.

Fbh

Don't really expect anything close to DD S1 from Disney.

But at least it's nice having Charlie Cox in the role as more than just a cameo.

Fbh

The people who made the Netflix shows ARE Disney now. Marvel Television was rolled into Marvel Studios and most of those people are doing the Disney+ shows.

No they aren't, at least those who worked on Daredevil.
From key writers, to producers, to directors, to stunt coordinators and choreographers, to people in the cinematography or art direction departments. Look up their IMDB pages, the vast majority of them never did any work on the MCU or have worked on a couple of project but are hardly a permanent part of Disney.

And even if they were, this is still going to be Disney/MCU project which have their own style and way of doing things.

Doom85

Good. Now bring back Iron Fist.

hell no!

LMAO, yeah he’s probably at the bottom in terms of the MCU’s priority to bring back, especially after another martial arts character was far better received in comparison.

Shang Chi GIF by Marvel Studios

If they actually do bring Danny back, even with the same actor, I imagine it’ll be an alternate universe version of him. I just feel they’d want to distance themselves from the events of that particular Netflix show as virtually everyone I know considered it completely awful or at best mediocre.

But I imagine Jessica, Luke, and Punisher are all far more likely to return before Danny does. Then again, they brought Inhumans back (sorta) despite that possibly being the worst rated Marvel show of all time so anything is possible I suppose.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Complete reboot then? Good.
the Netflix shows felt out of place in the MCU, like they was from another multiverse. 😂
Shame they don't reboot Agents of Shield too.
They could do it how it started out like without the fucking around with whether it is canon or not.
The fucking show was trying to do what they doing now almost a decade ago 🙄

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
LMAO, yeah he’s probably at the bottom in terms of the MCU’s priority to bring back, especially after another martial arts character was far better received in comparison.

Shang Chi GIF by Marvel Studios

If they actually do bring Danny back, even with the same actor, I imagine it’ll be an alternate universe version of him. I just feel they’d want to distance themselves from the events of that particular Netflix show as virtually everyone I know considered it completely awful or at best mediocre.

But I imagine Jessica, Luke, and Punisher are all far more likely to return before Danny does. Then again, they brought Inhumans back (sorta) despite that possibly being the worst rated Marvel show of all time so anything is possible I suppose.

The writers for that show were awful. By the conclusion of the first season the lead character still couldn't even reliably use his super power. Not even by the conclusion of The Defenders. Did they really think they could hold watchers' interest with a super hero that could only once in a rare while just barely muster the strength to throw a single super-punch?

And that's all aside from the fact the actor was awful and looked like a child playing pretend at Kung-Fu.

Star-Lord

The first two seasons of Daredevil, when produced by Netflix, were pretty graphically violent and gritty.

I'm expecting all of that to go when Disney+ make it suitable for all ages.

Alandring

as virtually everyone I know considered it completely awful or at best mediocre.
Unpopular opinion: I really liked Iron Fist, especially some of its characters, like Colleen Wing.

Personal ranking: Luke Cage > Daredevil/Iron Fist >> The Punisher >>>>> Jessica Jones.

For me, Jessica Jones was the worst TV Show, by far. I always needed months to finish one season.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

The people who made the Netflix shows ARE Disney now. Marvel Television was rolled into Marvel Studios and most of those people are doing the Disney+ shows.
Plus it’s on Disney+ so you have to think they wanted to test performance of an M rated show before for green lighting this and the Netflix shoes are performing well on D+? I’m happy this is happening: if it performs well then I’d expect Punisher and Jessica Jones might make it all bets are off now that the Luke Cage Jessica fuck till the bed breaks from super powers episode is on D+

Last edited:
Top Bottom