• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh HELL NO!.. They are remaking the Warriors???? MTV involved..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000616235

The scribe will write the remake of the 1979 street-gang classic that Tony Scott is directing for MTV Films and Scott Free Prods. Paramount Pictures is distributing. Scott's version will follow the outline of the first film -- in which a gang leader is assassinated during a truce, and The Warriors, wrongly accused of the assassination, must make their way home through hostile gang territories -- while updating the heightend reality of the original film for contemporary audiences.

FUCKS YOU!!!!!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
recycle.jpg

Loki

Count of Concision
<sees that they're remaking "The Warriors">

HELL YEAH!

<sees that MTV is within 100 miles of the effort>

Oh HELL NO!

:p

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
but why remake it?

The original film is perfect at what it tries to do. I for one, dont want 'thug life' in the warriors, and that is what we are going to get.

Hollywood seems hell bent to ruin the good name of once good movies and TV shows, by turing out middle of the road or even bad films and hoping that people will go see them based on name alone, either because the original is a good film or because there is nostalgia involved. even when they do make a good remake (Manchurian Candidate, Oceans 11) it has absolutely nothing to do with the original. I dont understand why they dont just make these exact same movies and title them something else.

Look at Down with Love, it was essentiall a Rock Hudson/Dorris Day movie down to the tee (and pretty gooda t it), but they didnt call it pillow talk. You can pay homage to a great movie without destroying the original. When you remake a movie, it becomes almost the default of what people think of. When you mention Wild Wild West now, most people are woefully unaware of the fact that is was a great TV show at one point and only remember the stinker movie.

This applies to Peter Jackson as well... Leave King Kong alone, its allready been remade once, and contrary to popular belief, better special effects will not allow it to surpass the original... because the original is just that, the movie that told the story first. I for one wish people would recall the screams of Fey Wray and the stop motion animation, not Jessica lange or whoever the fuck winds up in the new one.

Edit: Jack Black is the male lead in the King Kong remake. to paraphrase Jacksons last movie 'lets hunt some new zealanders'

Claus said:
THE CHICKS ARE PACKED!

As long as they keep the Baseball Fury's all is good.

Then they need to get more Broadway Dancers.

Warriors, come out and be remade....Warrrriorrrss, come out and be remade....

White Man

This is one of my favorite movies. This sucks ass. I wonder which way they'll go: Self-consciously over-the-top campy, or "real" and gritty? Either way, we lose.

DaMan121

while updating the heightend reality of the original film for contemporary audiences

Meh. Gangs were cooler in the 70s/80s. Last I heard this was put on the back burner... looks like its back. :( Speaking of remakes, I wonder how the Assault on Precinct 13 remake will fare.

Edit: Actually its funny with the remake frenzy going on right now. Hollywood have been doing it for years, basically ripping off independent movies, dumbing them down, and regurgerating them to the masses... atleast now they are giving credit to the source material :/

Tony Scott is directing it. Have you no faith?

If it is half the movie of...

Top Gun
The Last Boy Scout
Crimson Tide

or

Man on Fire

...it'll be great.

Mau_Mau

Banned
ConfusingJazz said:
Warriors, come out and be remade....Warrrriorrrss, come out and be remade....
Hahaha. Somehow I doubt this remake will resemble anything remotely close to what was the original. But I bet the soundtrack will be tiz-aight. Haha, MTV sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom