• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, so how do you protect yourself from spoilers in the FF7 Remake part 2 ... if you're a PC gamer only?

mejin

You are playing the Remake now, more than 2 years after the launch on PS4. I doubt It ruined your fun.

“Buy our preferred plastic box or else we’ll ruin your enjoyment of a game you’re waiting for. “
images

Corndog

Banned
Yes, we all know what happened in the original. And yes, we know that the remake is going to do a lot of the things the original did. But it'll do other stuff differently. And some people would like not to get spoiled.

The problem is that if you do not intend of buying the console version of the game, you need to wait 1-2 years before playing it on PC.

So how do you avoid spoilers? Is it feasible? I mean, you're bound to stumble on a message board / reddit thread / youtube video which will literally scream / mention a spoiler / difference between Remake Part 2 and the original.

So, assuming that buying the game for the PS5 isn't an option ...

What do you do? You sure as hell can't have a media blackout for two freaking years! You can't avoid YouTube for two years - can't avoid social media for two years.

So what do you do?
Nothing you can do except stay out of obvious spoiler threads.

Is it really that hard? I have absolutely no idea what goes on in 90% of the AAA games released over the past couple of years, even though they were discussed to death on boards like this one.

I think it's really easy to predict what is going to happen... my bet is that they'll let us dream but ultimately we end up at the same place in a different way.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Sorry just read the title but I'm one of those people who hasn't finished FFVIIR, currently chapter 16, playing on my PS5, and yeah I'm spoiler free thus far.

As for the next announced titles, yes I see those threads but I don't click on them.

Self control etc etc
Honestly, I can avoid threads as well. No problem. The problem is when I'm faced with a spoiler out of nowhere. Like, being in a thread about best JRPGs of this year, and someone goes, "Mine was FF7Remake Rebirth. Holy fuck when Cloud killed the Grand Master after he possessed Tifa into killing Barrett was the best action scene I've ever seen."

Or, browsing through video game videos on YouTube, and stumbling on a thumbnail with Sephiroth stabbing Tifa as a thumbnail.

Three

i have played last of us 2013 in 2020 on a ps4 borrowed from a friend

i didn't have a clue about the game at all as a pc only gamer

its been, what, 2 years since the release ot tlou2. i still have no idea why people are outraged, what kind of stuff it stirred within users lol. i only know the muscular lady, and that's the only thing i know about tlou2 (unless someone intentionally gives a spoiler in this very topic, as of now)

solution is simple: stay away from such topics. for example: i also have no idea what happens in forbidden west. literally, zero clue.

my friend for example, as a ps only gamer, have no idea what happens in halo. he didn't even have a clue as to what actually is a "halo" in game world. i had to explain it to him (bcoz he said he had no desires to play the game). simple: something is out of your reach, it is better be out of your interest reach.)

by the way, i have no idea what happened in the original or anything so you get the idea, LOL

stay away from those game's threads, simple. stay away from console new sites.

follow r/pcgaming for pc game news. that should be enough lol
So you're telling me you haven't seen the sex scene and been spoilt on that at least? I played the game only last December and some things like the golf club and the boat love interest were spoilt already.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You don't. Especially with the exclusivity deals and online content creators guaranteeing you'll know everything before you play the game. Whether it be if GILGAMESH is in the game, what the story is and what builds or strategies to employ instead of figuring it out yourself.

The only way to protect yourself is complete Media Blackout up from now to sometime in 2024. 2025 more or less if you want a Steam release.

yamaci17

So you're telling me you haven't seen the sex scene and been spoilt on that at least? I played the game only last December and some things like the golf club and the boat love interest were spoilt already.
nope, first time im hearing about sx scene in tlou2 xd i never knew there were any. thanks for spoilers tho. jk. but yeah im not even spoiled to this extent. but now i do. but this is a very specific thread about spoilers so. what can i say

i was planning on playing all ps5 exclusives by 2029 just like i did with ps4 once they're all released (for reference i finished 6 ps 4 exclusives on a time span of 1.5 months ). but now that they're dropping on PC, i will gladly wait 4 year delay

sony borked my plan but it is better this way. btw i have been only borrowed ps4 to play rdr 2, not exclusives, but my friend kindly asked me to play exclusives too and since he was too sincere to let me borrow his ps4 for rdr2, i couldn't refuse his kind offer. but i was planning on buying one temporarily to play them by 2021's summer

to be exact, my friend actually forced me to get his ps4 lmao. he was like "dude u have to play rdr2 asap and we have to talk about it!1". the freaking games have been dropping on PC ever since LOL. but im not mad, im happy that all my pc friends now are able to enjoy those games too. nothing bad about it

i gave his ps4 back before the release of tlou2 so i never had the chance of playing it. and at this point i wouldn't get a ps4 for it when ps5 renders it at 60 fps or something. and it will probably land on pc by the end of 2023 or something. if it does, im going to play it.

its just ironic that everything i've played come to pc in some form or shape, rdr2, gow, horizon zero dawn, and now spiderman lol. and i had a gtx 1080 at the time. and i played all those games on a ps4 at 1080p/30 fps LOL

Last edited:

Metnut

Join the next generation and get a PS5. Plenty of other great games you’ll get to play too, and you won’t even have to wait years to play!

Or just stay off the internet until they port it!

Nickolaidas

You are playing the Remake now, more than 2 years after the launch on PS4. I doubt It ruined your fun.

images
Actually, I bought and played the first part on PS4 on day one. I double dipped by buying it again on Steam - and because I have no consoles anymore.

TexMex

I don’t know what I’m doing tomorrow and this man is worried about spoilers for a game that comes out in two years.

93xfan

Banned
Definitely don’t read any bad fanfiction. After the last 20% of the game I have a feeling there’ll be a lot of overlap. Let’s hope they salvage the story without meta garbage and altering events too much for the worse.

Filben

Yes, we all know what happened in the original.
I don't.

Never was into FF myself (only played for a few titles briefly when PC versions has been released) so it was easy to avoid anything FF related. You have to do exactly that and live 20 odd years spoiler free. No soundtrack on sites like YouTube with comment sections, no articles so the algorithm won't catch your interest in this game. And for Christ's sake don't read any user content on any social media channels closely related to Square Enix and FF.

One time I got spoilered on RDR1's ending because I ve read a three-letter top comment under a song from the game. Don't do that or if you really want, in that case, stick to Spotify. Or any other platform without user comments.

Top Bottom