• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old people yelling at clouds: the official topic

AJUMP23

I wouldn't expect anything less.

This was a good few years back. Long story short, got talking to this really cute guy I met on a dating app. Things were going well; the conversation was flowing and there was a definite attraction there. After a few weeks of back-and-forth flirting, we agreed it was time to meet up in person and see if the chemistry was there in real-life. As it turns out, it was. He was just as handsome in person as he appeared to be online. Honestly, he was a bit of a twink, which suited me fine. Anyway, we're there for about 3-4 hours just talking and flirting when we notice it's now coming up to 11pm. We initially say our goodbyes and have a quick peck, then notice that, well, we didn't want to say goodbye just yet. He suggests we go back to his as it's only a ten-minute walk back to his. I agree and off we go.

During our walk, we're carrying on the conversation from the restaurant, but things soon turn sexual in nature. I'm a bit uncomfortable (because I'm asexual) but go along with it because I like him so far. We get to his place and, based on first impressions, it's nice. A quiet, suburban area with clean cut lawns and white picket fences. He gives me a tour and. as we come to the second bedroom, he tells me to brace myself. A bit weird, but whatever. He unlocks it using a key - also a bit weird - and opens the door. A bit dark inside. He turns on the light, and holy fuck, it's like Christian Grey decorated the room. Whips, chains, cuffs, etc all over the place, and one wall plastered in photos of what I could only assume were his past victims. I looked at him, shook my head, and walked out. He tried contacting my again recently and I just ghosted him, and deleted my account on the app.

Not what I was expecting, but worth the read. kinky dungeon in home. That is not something you show someone the first time over to the house....or ever. I couldn't fathom having a room dedicated to just fetish stuff.

b9e.jpg

Star-Lord

Not what I was expecting, but worth the read. kinky dungeon in home. That is not something you show someone the first time over to the house....or ever. I couldn't fathom having a room dedicated to just fetish stuff.
For someone who has no interest in sex, it was extremely off-putting.

Kamina

Golden Boy
PUBG, Fortnite, Overwatch,… all these new-modern “games” today’s youth plays. They have no concept of the real games we had some 30 years ago.

Here in spain, we have this trend of people switching 'Cuando' for its english counterpart 'When' at the start of a sentence as some kind of weird meme.

I wanna punch everyone of them who says that.
Reminds me of this trend to replace “would have” and “should have” with “would of” and “should of”.
Makes me cringe so hard

Last edited:
For someone who has no interest in sex, it was extremely off-putting.
Did you tell him that while initially dating? I couldn't imagine dating someone that was asexual, I need that physical connection with somebody too. The kinky sex dungeon was hilariously over the top though.

Star-Lord

Did you tell him that while initially dating? I couldn't imagine dating someone that was asexual, I need that physical connection with somebody too. The kinky sex dungeon was hilariously over the top though.
It was our first, and only, date. And like I said, I'd mentioned it to him during our initial conversation. He should've respected that and not show me something knowing it would make me feel uncomfortable. Maybe that's what he wanted, to make me feel awkward for being a sexless freak.

It was our first, and only, date. And like I said, I'd mentioned it to him during our initial conversation. He should've respected that and not show me something knowing it would make me feel uncomfortable. Maybe that's what he wanted, to make me feel awkward for being a sexless freak.
Doubtful, If he invited you to his place then he was likely expecting sex. Some guys don't take no for an answer.
Also, you are not a freak. No need to use that language on yourself.

Last edited:

MacReady13

My kids will play a "game" called Roblox (I think that's how you spell it). What the FUCK are they playing? And they seem to love it! I really wish my kids had grown up in the time of the NES to play real games. And yes, I said REAL games, cause games like Roblox, Fortnite and the like are not REAL games.

And I'll tell you 1 other thing- if we continue down this path of subscriptions for games, you'll be seeing less proper games and more of the shit that is released today with an over reliance on buying coins and shit like that to make even more money (which gaming is being corrupted by anyway). Fuck gaming has gone backwards in so many ways. Sad that a game comes out today and the most exciting thing about it in pre release is when the dev says there are no MTX or extra costs for added maps/season passes etc... That was standard in gaming of yesteryear.

Durien

And I'll tell you 1 other thing- if we continue down this path of subscriptions for games, you'll be seeing less proper games and more of the shit that is released today with an over reliance on buying coins and shit like that to make even more money (which gaming is being corrupted by anyway). Fuck gaming has gone backwards in so many ways. Sad that a game comes out today and the most exciting thing about it in pre release is when the dev says there are no MTX or extra costs for added maps/season passes etc... That was standard in gaming of yesteryear.
It seems like gamers are finally getting smart to these shenanigans and protesting this MTX nonsense. I want to go back to the days of needing to beat games to unlock hidden characters and such.

Star-Lord

It seems like gamers are finally getting smart to these shenanigans and protesting this MTX nonsense. I want to go back to the days of needing to beat games to unlock hidden characters and such.
I miss the days of cheat codes. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was my most-played game as a teenager, and it was made so much more fun by the various cheat codes. My favourite combo was to arm all civilians and all civilians attack CJ. It was some proper 28 Days Later shit, but it was hilarious.

I hate £800 phones not being able to make or hold signal on a damn phone call. After 18months or so working from home I have given up on my s21 and gone for a real phone that works.

5 bars and it works every damn time. My kids enjoyed repeatedly throwing it on the floor trying to break it. They failed.

Same network, different world.

Old tech was designed for function and durability. Those were the days.

MKZ2zTQ.jpg

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I hate being old for mostly one thing: pills.

I used to be relatively pills free. Now, blood pressure, cholesterol, ulcers, chemo, vitamins. Then these pills make you sick and you need more pills. My stomach can't handle anymore.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I have four of those. And yes you do if not into the same stuff you're wasting both of your time.

I don’t let much of the things younger people say, do or wear bother me because it’s a constant reminder that I grew up in a way better time than they did and their present and future is shit. I’m satisfied.

///PATRIOT

Banned
I'm in my 30s so I am not a boomer. But the fucking idiots disrespecting older people with the ok boomer meme makes me want to punch them in the face.

Children today, and everything about them, from the way they dress, the way they act, and, honestly, what they have. When I was their age, I didn't have a smartphone or a PlayStation 5 or whatever, but I was grateful for what I did have. Children today just ain't grateful and take everything for granted. And the way they dress is beyond ridiculous. Lads are walking around with skinny jeans halfway down their ass, and girls are walking around with crop tops and short-shorts that are getting smaller and smaller. If I had kids, I wouldn't even let them leave the house if they were dressed like that.

Any youth with the Meet me at McDonald's haircut should have to do National Service.

Last edited:

Narasumas

The list is long and only getting longer with every new dumb idea that spoiled idiots in our comfort society come up with:

- influencers
- the celebration of mediocrity and idiocy
- superhero movies
- people being obsessed with their own genitalia
- superficial preachy pop culture presented as world changing art
- thots
- tiktok
- twitter
- youtube millionaires
- hyper fanboyism
- forum wars
- cancel culture
- hype beasts
- clout chasers
- people obsessed with race
- identity zealots & pronouns
- victim culture
- ideological extremism
- hollow virtue signaling
- sex-addled pop music disguised as emancipation
- mumble rap
- auto tune
(in no particular order)
Nice list!! 😆

Susurrus

Game streaming. Games were meant for playing, not for watching. I'm an adult with limited time. I'm sure as hell not spending it watching others play shit when I have 4 game consoles and a PC hooked up to my TV.

Also, Youtubers. There's some educational stuff on there no doubt, and I do use the music as well, but 99% of it is cringe trash. 100% of the time if the video is someone sitting at their computer just talking and it isn't purely educational purposes, it should be removed. Reaction videos are the peak of shit, they're literally playing a video and putting their face on it like we give a fuck what they think. A vast majority of Youtube is people thinking anyone gives a shit about their opinion on something.

I guess most of mine comes down to why should I care about random internet douchebag #5323 when I have my own life and hobbies to attend to.

Top Bottom