• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Older pc games to play on controller

Anki

Banned
I managed to fix my old pc (phenom x4, 4Gb ram, 5830 gpu) and now I am looking for some older/indie games I can play on my Tv with controller.
I already installed blasphemous and it runs great.
What games are compatible with controller and can be played on this machine?

Banned
games that are older than like 2010 or maybe 2009 will not work well with controllers... there might be some exceptions to this but back then PC controller support was absolutely garbage to say the least.
that only slowly changed mid last gen when Consoles dominated so hard that every game, even Crysis 2 and 3, were targeting Console first and PC third... after Handhelds lol...
back then the 360 controller also slowly became the PC standard for controllers, so many Devs that already made the game for 360 just kept the controller options from that version in the PC version.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You put a PC game on a TV and a controller and its just a console, kb/mouse is easy once you learn it.

Graciaus

If you use Steam it will list on the page if it has controller support. Either none, partial or full. You can probably search the store for that tag.

Any game that doesn't have native support you can use a program to make it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D (you might need dgvoodoo - ignore any warnings, it's legit software that antivirus keep giving false positives to which is probably why the site has been flagged - guide here, 1st reply).

Assuming it's all working properly with the last good drivers/windows versions that allowed the hardware to perform optimally for what it is of course. You can play low end new games too, not just oldies, which are more likely to have controller support.

If it's just using some generic barely functioning default windows driver performance may suffer more than expected for the hardware though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom