• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online services for Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will be terminated on May 31, 2022

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

*** [Important Notification] Termination of network service (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)​

Thank you for playing METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

We regret to inform our users that online services for METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 will be terminated on 2022-05-31 6:00 (UTC).

Target Services​

・METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN
・METAL GEAR ONLINE

Schedule of Events (UTC)​

2021-08-31 06:00 Termination of Purchase System
2021-11-30 06:00 MGO related items (DLC) no longer available for purchase
2022-03-01 06:00 Termination of Distribution
2022-05-31 06:00 Retirement of Service

* While the online service will end the main game will still playable offline.

* Please understand in advance that no refunds will be made for in-game items.

* Changes to the schedule may be made without prior notice.

sad metal gear solid GIF

Never really dove into the online aspect to be honest. I did enjoy the game though.

Last edited:
I sunk a lot of time into this game on PC and though I quit years ago, I do feel somewhat compelled to hop on and finish grinding all available upgrades. It's the stupid resources that ruin it for me, such a chore. But anyways this feeling of dread and doom is really not healthy. It's like life. All things must end and nothing can truly be preserved for all time. Sucks but is what it is.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I sunk a lot of time into this game on PC and though I quit years ago, I do feel somewhat compelled to hop on and finish grinding all available upgrades. It's the stupid resources that ruin it for me, such a chore.
I played it constantly from release until I got bored, and when I went back a year later they’d added more upgrades and unlocks, but I’m not sure how I was supposed to get all of that naturally (without grinding S+++ staff). When I inevitably play the game again, it will be with mods that change how many things about the game work including the equipment upgrades - I’d rather not be locked behind timers and boring research restrictions again.

RAIDEN1

For me Metal Gear 5 was the weakest entry out of all of them, I'd take part 3 or even Peace-walker than 5, at least those games had more of an atmosphere/mood..5 was more Metal Gear Barren than anything else..

Top Bottom