• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Only 12 games for 2012, what would you choose ?

1. Rhythm Thief R & The Emperor's Treasure
2. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
3. Animal Crossing 3D
4. Luigi's Mansion 2
5. Paper Mario 3D
6. Final Fantasy Theatrythm
7. Mario Tennis 3D

Not sure about anything else yet; will have to see what comes out.

KingJ2002

1. Final Fantasy XIII-2
2. Ninja Gaiden 3
3. Dead or Alive 5
4. GTA V
5. Mass Effect 3
6. Soul Calibur V
7. Tomb Raider
8. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
9. DmC
10. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

...that seems right

Pezking

1.) Mass Effect 3 (360)
2.) Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (PS3)
3.) The Last Of Us (PS3)
4.) Everybody's Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
5.) Mario Party 9 (Wii)
6.) Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
7.) FIFA 13 (PS3)
8.) South Park: The Game (PS3)
9.) Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
10.) Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
11.) Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)
12.) Paper Mario 3D (3DS)

Beck

12, eh?

1. Mass Effect 3 - I'm a big fan of space, aliens and story... and of course the past two games.
2. Tales of Graces F - Imported it, loved it, can't wait to go through it again.
3. Hitman Absolution - Absolutely the series and love stealth in general... I think it looks really good.
4. Metal Gear Solid Rising - Platinum Games makes it so much more crazy and looks like a lot of fun.
5. Darksiders II - First title surprised me and this time you get to play as Death! Here's hope for the other two in the future.
6. Assassin's Creed III - Keeps leading to something I want to see the outcome of.
7. Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Been on and off on this one, but it's something I want to try at least.
8. Bioshock Infinite - I love the art style and the overall atmosphere the game is projecting.
9. Binary Domain - Yakuza team makes a terminator style game? Sign me up.
10. Dead or Alive 5 - The only fighting franchise I was able to get really into.
11. Prey 2 - Space bounty hunter? Can't get anymore badass as that.
12. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - This one caught me off guard... I think the UI doesn't look that great, but it looks real entertaining.

Tales of Xillia would be at the top of all this, but I have little faith it will come out this year. Also, I will most likely only purchase (and keep) 4 or 5 of those titles.

Yuterald

Easy. As of right now I would pick these. This is excluding surprise titles, like Bayonetta 2/Kamiya's next game, Versus XIII, Yakuza 5, Last Guardian, or Metal Gear Revengeance, which I doubt will be released in 2012. In no particular order...

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (believe!) (PSP)
Ys: Celceta no Jukai (Vita, assuming XSEED localizes it, which I'm sure will happen in 2012)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
Dragon's Dogma (PS3)
Paper Mario (3DS)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)
Kid Icarus (3DS)
Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)
The Last Story (Wii-will either import PAL version or wait for surprise NA release)
Pandora's Tower (Wii- same as above)

Honorable Mention:
Gravity Daze (Vita) This would most likely push out stuff like Trails SC because that may or may not be released this year. =(

Xenoblade would be on there if I already didn't import the PAL version and put 130 hours into it. Also, some of those might be knocked out, like Dragon's Dogma, depending on how it shapes up near release. But I would be pretty content with those pickings for the year. Realistically, I could not survive on 12 new games a year, especially since there's a lot of cool looking/sounding shit this year.

Shiggy

Wait, WHAT?!

BS5 has been announced in interviews. Don't know whether it's a 2012 title though. With regard to the BS Complete package they even say "* Complete refers to the collection being complete as of now, not that there won’t be any new Broken Sword games in the future." :D

And then:
2011 has been a watershed for Revolution. The two Broken Sword games have been downloaded by over 4 million people this year. Strong sales have allowed us to self-fund our next adventure game which will be completed around the middle of 2012. This is an exciting opportunity for us and we thank you for your support throughout the year which has allowed us to do this. Once we’re sure of the completion date, and have decided on the name, we’ll let you know. Thanks for your patience.

Xun

As of right now here's my list:

The Last of Us
The Last Guardian
SSX
Metal Gear Rising
BioShock Infinite
Halo 4

Derrick01

Banned
1. Kingdoms of Amalur
2. Prey 2
3. Dishonored
4. Tomb Raider Reboot
5. Cartel
6. The Last of Us
7. South Park
8. GTA 5
9. Bioshock Infinite (this one will bite me in the ass)
10. Guild Wars 2
11. Farcry 3
12. Diablo 3

I'll end up buying much more than that but that's the big 12 I could think of off the top of my head.

Labadal

Tales of Graces F
Final Fantasy: Type-0
Gungnir
Grand Knights History
Dragon's Crown
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Fire Emblem 3DS
Yakuza 5
South Park: The Game
Dishonored
Dead State
Risen 2

I'm aiming at just that, keeping it around 12 games or less this year.

Mass Effect 3
SkullGirls
SF x T
Fez
Skulls of the Shogun

are the ones I know I'm buying.

Darkness II
Bioshock Infinite

I'm getting through work.

I'll probably ask a friend for

Asura's Wrath
RE Revelations

Not sure what else for now.

kunonabi

lollipop chainsaw
Kid Icarus Uprising
Paper Mario
Luigi's Mansion 2
Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Armored Core V(maybe)

i probably wouldnt buy 12 games this year even without this limitation

1. Mass Effect 3
2. Borderlands 2
3. Halo 4
4. Bioshock Infinite
5. The Last Guardian
6. GTA5

that leaves 6 other games, assuming we are counting XBLA/PSN games I can still only fill 1 more (Trials), of course there may be some stuff announced at E3 I want, but right now thats it

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Hmm only twelve?

Resident Evil Revelations
Aliens Colonial Marines
Nano Assualt
Tekken 3DS
Heroes of Ruin
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Silent Hill Downpour
Silent Hill HD
Kid Icarus up-rising
SFxTekken
Max Payne 3
Resi: ORC

That's about how many I'll be buying. One per month...even then I'll have a backlog.

January - XIII-2
February - RE: Revelations
March - SF x Tekken
April - DMC HD Collection

By april, I should know the rest, but that's as far as gamefaqs release dates lets me get.

Hey You

I've got to catch up on some games from previous years (gonna try demos first before buying) but:

1)Halo 4
2) Max Payne 3
3) GTA V (hopefully)
4) Dead Island
5) Halo Anniversary
6) Alan wake American Nightmare

Hmm, not a whole lot. That list will grow as I find games I want to get.

BS5 has been announced in interviews. Don't know whether it's a 2012 title though. With regard to the BS Complete package they even say "* Complete refers to the collection being complete as of now, not that there won’t be any new Broken Sword games in the future." :D

And then:

I had no idea! The first two Broken Swords rank among my most favourite games so this is fantastic news; thanks for telling me. I just hope Revolution are making it more old-school like the earlier ones and less like 4.

Fjordson

• Grand Theft Auto V - IV was great , and Rockstar saying this will be their largest and most ambitious game to date has me pretty excited.
  • Max Payne 3 - one of my favourite developers bringing back one of my favourite franchises. The animation and gunplay looks like it'll be better than anything else currently out.
  • Prey 2 - a lot here that has piqued my interest. Most importantly is the open-world city that looks like the spiritual successor to Blade Runner's Los Angeles. A very cool visual style and the promise of missions being able to be completed in multiple ways has me hyped.
  • Diablo III - no brainer, D II is one of my favourite games ever.
  • Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm - no release date yet, but I'm hoping this drops this year. Was a big fan of the single-player in Wings of Liberty so I'm excited for more.
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - always a sucker for open-world RPG's. Difference here is that the combat actually looks pretty damn good.
  • Bioshock Infinite - huge fan of the first Bioshock. I just hope Columbia proves to be as interesting as Rapture was.
  • Halo 4 - recent lore means this could potentially be a really interesting single-player campaign. I didn't love Reach so I'm hoping 343 can recapture some of the series magic.
  • Dishonored - very little to go on with this one. The world sounds really interesting and the variety of options at your disposal in combat seems impressive.
  • Metal Gear Rising - been eager for a new MGS game for a while, though I was initially disappointed by the Platinum Games reveal. It's quite different from anything in the series before, but in the end that's okay with me. I liked Bayonetta a lot and this isn't really a mainline MGS game anyway so I'm ready for something fresh and over the top.
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown - always been a big strategy guy but I've never played an XCOM game. Going into this without any expectations, but it looks neat.
  • Guild Wars 2 - The first Guild Wars was the last MMO not named World of Warcraft that I was big on. This looks like it'll surpass that first game in just about every way. Can't wait.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I cannot possibly answer this without knowing what's on tap for the second half of the year.

Frost_Ace

1) Layton vs. Attorney
2) Paper mario 4
3) Layon 5
4) Resident evil: revelations
5) Luigi's mansion 2
6) pokemon Grey (?)
7) Persona 4 the golden
8) Fire Emblem 3DS
9) New team meat game (?)

and then honestly I don't know.

Pirabear

Banned
P4: The Golden
Gravity Daze/Rush/Whatever
Phantasy Star Online 2
Skullgirls
Guild Wars 2
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Rising

I cannot possibly answer this without knowing what's on tap for the second half of the year.

REVENGEANCE. Yeah you're right, we don't know shit. I guess whatever Nintendo trot out for the U launch will end up on my list, lol. But based on what I know...

1. Bioshock Infinite
2. Prey 2
3. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
4. The Last of Us
5. Paper Mario 3D (crap, I need a 3DS if this lands this year)
6. South Park: The Game
7. FEZ
8. Tomb Raider
9. GTAV
10. Binary Domain
11. That Doctor Who game, assuming it isn't going to be wank like the free Sumo games
12. Inception (BELIEVE)

klee123

Tales of graces F (PS3)
Dragon's Crown (PS3/Vita)
Gravity Daze (Vita)
Yakuza 5 (PS3)
The Last Story (Wii)
Pandora's Tower (Wii)
Ys IV (Vita)
Meral Gear Rising (PS3)
Diablo III (PC)
The Last Guardian (PS3)
Final Fantasy Type 0 (PSP?)

This is one of my new year's resolutions. I think it's going to be easy, especially once Diablo 3 comes out.

The Darkness 2
Diablo 3
Torchlight 2
Metro Last Light
Brothers in Arms: Furious 4
Solaris Assault Tech or Mechwarrior Online, depending on which one looks best at launch
Max Payne 3
Risen 2
Tomb Raider
Aliens Colonial Marines
Syndicate
Heart of the Swarm

I'll make an exception to the 12 game rule if Thief 4, Far Cry 3 or Rainbow Six Patriots are released in 2012. Screw it, I'm weak

dreamfall

1. Journey - thatgamecompany = love. The closed beta was absolutely serene, utterly beautiful. Most anticipated, ever!
2. GTA V - The promise of returning to Cali. Rockstar & those Houser brothers make the greatest games, and I really hope this comes out in October. Loved GTA IV + Episodes, and this looks perfect.
3. Twisted Metal - Jaffe, I heart thee. For lying to keep us surprised, and for resurrecting this franchise. So many good memories with TM on PS1, and Black on the PS2. This is going to be heavenly!
4. Max Payne 3 - Daytime noir, I only trust Rockstar. The stories in the first two titles were incredible, and I expect greatness. The death animations, the exquisite detail to guns and shell casings and shooting in slow motion. Bullet ballet!
5. Resident Evil Revelations - Hopefully a return to the creepy ambiance of the earlier RE titles mixed with some of the great action moments of RE4. Love Jill, ready for Zenobia. Bought Mercenaries just for this demo, and call me crazy, but this is why I own a 3DS!
6. Soul Calibur V - Without Sophitia, my heart is in a strange place. Here's to hoping Pyrrha retains most of her moveset, but I spent countless hours playing SCIV in college. Robust character creation, brilliant new soul edge moves, and silky smooth frantic fighting!
7. Lollipop Chainsaw - Suda is GOD! Every game has such promising visual style, loved Shadows of the Damned and play NMH annually. Here's to hoping this zombie romp is a bloody hilarious adventure!
8. UFC Undisputed 3 - A brilliant MMA engine, it only gets better with the inclusion of Strikeforce, WEC, and Pride. I can't wait for fighters' entrances, new K.O. animations and some of the best sports commentary ever. February come sooner!
9. Dead or Alive 5 - Without Itagaki, I'm a little worried. But the screenshots were jaw dropping, and Ninja Gaiden 3 will be bought specifically for this demo. I want some good fighter ending videos, and a new counter system.
10. Kingdoms of Amalur - Open world RPGs are the best, and the combat in this game looks one of a kind. I can't wait to spend countless walking about in this beautiful world in a third person perspective. It looks soooo colorful!
11. Tomb Raider - A new Lara, new survival. So ready- loved Legend & Anniversary, and ready for a reboot. Here's to hoping the puzzles are amazing, and that there isn't much combat...
12. Binary Domain - Nagoshi, you're my fave. Love Yakuza, ready for some exhilarating mech battles and amazing cutscenes. If Yakuza 5 comes out this year, it should be at the top of this list!

Would totally include The Last Guardian (but I don't think it is arriving this year...)
Mario Tennis 3D with Camelot should be the best tennis game ever created!

The Last Guardian (hopefully)
Mass effect 3
GTA V (maybe)

Everthing else is very optional. A wii-u mario title if it gets one this year might turn into a certainty though. 2012 is my backlog year. Finish Zelda ss, vanquish, bastion and
Mother 3

Replicant

Final Fantasy XIII-2
To be honest, I can't even muster enthusiasm to play the demo longer than 5 minutes but we'll see.

Mass Effect 3
I have 3 separate Shepards from ME2 ready to import into this game.

Silent Hill: Downpour
It looks as meh as Homecoming but hopefully it'd turn out to be better.

Silent Hill: Collections/MGS Collections
I haven't even bothered touching ICO/Shadow of Collosus collections yet. I just can't muster the enthusiasm to play games with non-HD graphics anymore but I have a collector's mentality so I'd probably buy them anyway.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
It looks great and I love the overworld. Hopefully the gameplay is interesting as well.

Journey
Was one of the beta testers. Loved the game and will want to play the entire thing.

The Last of Us
I love survival horror and I hope ND delivers both graphics and gameplay with this title.

Tales of Graces F
I'm ENTHUSIASTIC! Are you?

mclaren777

I could only come up with 9 games that I'm excited for, and I'm not even sure that all of them will come out in 2012.

rFactor 2
Assetto Corsa
Journey
Borderlands 2
Starhawk
Far Cry 3
KOA: Reckoning
The Last Guardian
Overstrike

Chittagong

Gold Member
1. Halo 4
2. GTAV
3. Diablo 3
4. Mass Effect 3
5. SSX
6. Bioshock Infinite
7. Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm
8. Last of Us
9. [Wii U 1st party launch title A]
10. [Wii U 1st party launch title B]

Actually 12 games is plenty. Ultimately decided to exclude Max Payne 3 (unknown quantity), Alan Wake American Nightmare (too short?), Call of Duty 2012 (I'm happy with MW3), Last Guardian (will never make it out), Metal Gear Rising (will be mediocre).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
1. Guild Wars II(PC): Looks to be the big MMO to change things up from the WoW formula, compared to recent entries like Star Trek, Star Wars, and Rift.
2. DOTA2(PC): F2P, Save money!
3. PSOII(PC): Played hundreds of hours in episode I and II. Why not more.
4. Diablo III(PC): Same as PSO, loved the predecessor, though I'm weary of it still
5. Dishonored(PC): Arkane Studios created the massively underrated Dark Messiah. Which had some fantastic 1st person combat, but held back by tech and cash it seems. This shouldn't be the case this time
6. War of the Roses(PC): This is completely on a fucking blind guess, but I'm hoping its a bigger budget take on Mount and Blade, or a new take on it using a similar formula.
7. Prey 2(PC): Looks to be combining a lot of awesome sources in an interesting universe.
8: Tales of Graces F(PS3): Already on Pre-order
9: Armoured Core 5(360/PS3, whichever has the stronger player base)
10: Risen 2(PC): Pirate themed ^_^
11: Dragon's Dogma(360): Just hoping for monster hunter HD.

MarkusRJR

-Xenoblade Chronicles
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Animal Crossing 3DS
-Paper Mario 3DS
-Rhythm Heaven Fever
-Mario Party 9
-Pokemon Grey
-Luigi's Mansion 2
-The Last Guardian
-Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
-Wii U Launch Title
-Other Wii U Game

That strangely wasn't that hard. I weep for my wallet. D:

GeoramA

Console:

BioShock Infinite
Grand Theft Auto V
Borderlands 2
Yakuza: Dead Souls
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Journey
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Vita:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Sound Shapes
LittleBigPlanet Vita

Satchel

Banned
Only 12?

I can't even think of 12 I'd want to buy this year...

Halo 4
Bioshock Infinite
Last of Us (if it makes it)
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Metal Gear Rising
Forza 4

That's all I can think of right now.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Hmm

In no particular order:

1) The Last Guardian
2) The Last of Us
3) Starhawk
4) Rayman Origins
5) Journey
6) Uncharted: GA
7) Gravity Daze
8) Bioshock Infinite
9) Silent Hill HD Collection
10) Kingdom of Alamun
11) Diablo 3
12) FF Versus XIII

Feindflug

1. Halo 4 (360)- My most anticipated title this year along with Infinite, really curious to see what Frankie and the rest of 343i are doing with Master Chief's return.
  2. Bioshock Infinite (360) - A game that looks absolutely amazing from the people responsible for one of the best games of this gen.
  3. The Last Guardian (PS3) - Somewhat worried about this one with all the bad news surrounding it lately but I'm still excited for the game...ICO and SotC are two of my favorite games ever after all.
  4. Tomb Raider (360) - Always being a big fan of the series, having faith in CD and the new reboot concept sounds awesome.
  5. Darksiders 2 (360) - The first game came out of nowhere and surprised the hell out of me with it's quality and style turning out to be one of my favourite games of 2010, I think Vigil will make an even better game with the sequel.
  6. Metro: Last Light (PC) - Loved the first game depsite it's shortcomings, this one looks like a more polished version of the first game while keeping the amazing atmosphere...the absolutely crazy graphics on the PC version are definitely a bonus.
  7. Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence (360) - Vanquish meets Ninja Gaiden with the badass version of Raiden as the protagonist from Platinum,'nuff said.
  8. Fez (XBLA) - We're waiting for this one a long time and everytime we see it it looks more and more weird and at the same time so freakin' engrossing.
  9. Journey (PSN) - Didn't got to try the beta but from what I've seen the game looks so calming and mesmerizing...really looking forward to play this one.
  10. Alan Wake: American Nightmare (XBLA) - More AW is always welcome, the combat looks more refined with new additions and improvements and the whole Night Springs scenario is really interesting.
  11. The Last Of Us (PS3) - Concept looks and sounds great, definitely interested to see what ND can do with it.
  12. Binary Domain (360) - Always a fan of TPS and especially cover based ones, really looking forward to a Japanese take on the genre with an emphasis on story & a unique visual style.

Woorloog

Banned
12?
Who has time to play 12 (bought, not flash- etc. small games) games a year?
ME3, TW2 360 version, maybe Halo 4 and GTA V (if it comes this year). If i get a new PC, and MechWarrior Online comes this year, then let's add that. So, 2-5 games, unlikely to get all 5 as i still need to finish Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, replay ME2, play SWTOR... damned backlogs...

LuchaShaq

Banned
Buy day 1

Halo 4
Mass Effect 3
GTA V (this year?)

Gamefly/Redbox
Witcher 2
Kingdoms of Amalur

Nothing else is on my radar, but I'm sure I'll rent a bunch more and buy some XBLA/small steam games.

Giard

Only 12? Damn some of you have money. I get about 5 games a year, and very rarely pay over 39.99.

I'll probably be getting...

Mass Effect 3 (360), already pre-ordered actually at 39.99
Armored Core V (360), love me some big robots, multiplayer looks great. Hope the framerate isn't like in the previews..
Guild Wars 2 (PC), looks amazing in general. Not too sure about the PvP but we'll see
Skyrim: GOTY (360) You know it's coming.
Witcher 2 (360)

I'm still on the fence for GTAV and Borderlands 2.

Nista

It might be pushing it to buy 12 games, but let's see what I can muster.

1. Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning XBOX/PS3/PC
2. Diablo 3 PC
3. Final Fantasy XIII-2 XBOX
4. Mass Effect 3 XBOX
5. Max Payne 3 XBOX
6. Guild Wars 2 PC
7. Grand Theft Auto V XBOX
8. Borderlands 2 XBOX
9. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch PS3
10. Torchlight 2 PC
11. XCOM: Enemy Unknown PC
12. Last Guardian PS3

Seems like a majority of it is "Purchase games my friends are working on". Hah!

1. Diablo 3
2. The Last Guardian
3. Resident Evil Revelations
4. The Last of Us
5. Mass Effect 3
6. Torchlight 2
7. Max Payne 3
8. Borderlands 2
9. Bioshock Infinite
10. Luigi's Mansion 2
11. Dota 2
12. Far Cry 3

arit

Armored Core V
Soul Calibur V
Metal Gear Rising
Gundam Extreme VS
Lolipop Chainsaw
VF: FS
Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Ninja Gaiden 3
Bioshock: Infinite

looks good, better than I imagined.

Ceebs

Risen 2 is the only thing I am buying day one for sure at this point. Diablo 3 if I find a launch deal on it.

AAK

1. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
2. Street Fighter X Tekken
3. Ninja Gaiden 3
4. Soul Calibur V
5. Revengeance
6. Shadows of the Damned
7. Batman Arkham Asylum
8. Batman Arkham City
9. Virtua Fighter 5FS
10. Infamous 2
11. No More Heroes Paradise
12. Anarchy Reigns

Will Wait for GOTY editions whenever they're released:

1. Mass Effect 3
2. Uncharted 3

But why are you people expecting The Last Guardian in 2012??? Why do you do this to yourselves, you know it's not going to make it this year.

Top Bottom