• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Opinion] April 2023 is the beginning of the end for Xbox as we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Doesn’t matter. Things change. SNES was my main console but today I only have a Switch as you say as a secondary console. And my kids were classic ”What’s an Xbox?” kids, they only played on Nintendo consoles, Xbox literally didn’t exist in their eyes. But now they have their own Xbox accounts and check out Gamepass because of the bigger library of games than they would ever have by buying everything. Nintendo can’t stand still in this fast moving industry any more than anyone else.

There used to be a problem with too few family oriented games on Xbox, on PS as well, this was a big advantage for Nintendo. But kids grow and now they play different games.

However, I’d say it’s the Netflix and Spotify effect more than the Gamepass effect. The younger generation don’t care about actually owning the content, ask a teenager if they own a music CD and you’ll likely get a laugh as the response. Games will be the same. And to be brutally honest, most of us here are dinosaurs. It doesn’t matter what we think is good for the industry, in 10 years we’re just old people screaming at the clouds.
What you are describing is perfectly normal.

For example I went from SNES/N64 as a snapper, to PS2/Xbox 360/PS3.

When I was a teenager I was to embarrassed to admit I liked games like Pokémon and Mario. Once I aged I realised I didn’t have to give a fuck, and found that games like CoD and GTA are more tailored towards children anyway.

If you’re kids have grown up on Nintendo that nostalgia (and therefore custom) may never leave them.

Fredrik

It’s not. Not even close or even inching closer
Do you have it? I’d say it’s incredibly close, more so than most here realize. You have an ever changing and growing subscription library, I hit some download buttons yesterday, it works the same way.

I’m one of those who didn’t play Returnal by buying it, or Miles Morales, or Stray, etc. I got them all through PS+. Love it.

The 1st party delays are obviously still annoying but 6 months is not much. Literally, if I knew I would’ve got Horizon Forbidden West for free in 6 months I wouldn’t have bought that, nearly took 6 months until it was fully patched up anyway and I haven’t even finished it. And I didn’t finish FF7RI before it was up on PS+. Feels like wasted money no doubt. Makes me thinking, should I buy FFXVI or wait for a PS+ release?

Do you have it? I’d say it’s incredibly close, more so than most here realize. You have an ever changing and growing subscription library, I hit some download buttons yesterday, it works the same way.

I’m one of those who didn’t play Returnal by buying it, or Miles Morales, or Stray, etc. I got them all through PS+. Love it.

The 1st party delays are obviously still annoying but 6 months is not much. Literally, if I knew I would’ve got Horizon Forbidden West for free in 6 months I wouldn’t have bought that, nearly took 6 months until it was fully patched up anyway and I haven’t even finished it. And I didn’t finish FF7RI before it was up on PS+. Feels like wasted money no doubt. Makes me thinking, should I buy FFXVI or wait for a PS+ release?

HFW was a year, not 6 months, and that was only to try and push DLC

Those other games were over a year, and it’s not every single Sony first party game, only a small few or indies

GamePass is literally everything MS releases day one

Last edited:

Fredrik

What you are describing is perfectly normal.

For example I went from SNES/N64 as a snapper, to PS2/Xbox 360/PS3.

When I was a teenager I was to embarrassed to admit I liked games like Pokémon and Mario. Once I aged I realised I didn’t have to give a fuck, and found that games like CoD and GTA are more tailored towards children anyway.

If you’re kids have grown up on Nintendo that nostalgia (and therefore custom) may never leave them.
True, but Nintendo won’t have the business they have today if they’re just catering to nostalgics. That group is changing too. Most 20 year olds today have never played Super Metroid and they may get nostalgic when they play Skyrim. We’re old. The market is changing. I grew up playing games from cassette tapes on Commodore 64, a 20 year old barely even know what a cassette tape is or how to use it.

True story, I talked to a coworker who’s 29 and a serious gamer and he had never seen any Commodore 64 or Amiga 500 game, had never played a turn-based Final Fantasy, was excited about Diablo 4 but had never played any Diablo before 3. I had to sit down.

TheKratos

ZWXfeyP.png

Shareholders agree with you.
We all know the thread is hypebole but we also know the stock reaction after earnings had absolutely nothing to do with xbox/gaming division.

Fredrik

HFW was a year, not 6 months, and that was only to try and push DLC

Those other games were over a year, and it’s not every single Sony first party game, only a small few or indies

GamePass is literally everything MS releases day one
Ah you’re right. But something was 6 months. Or was that the delay to PC port?

Anyway it’s not just a few games. I could write a list if you want. I’d say everything big is already there except TLOUp2, TLOU remake, GT7 and Ragnarök.

Godot25

Banned
And? It only shows that subscription services constitute a small, almost minuscule, amount of revenue in the gaming divisions and are clearly NOT as important as people make them out to be.

I wonder why you didn't use the entire division revenue?
  • Xbox Quarterly Revenue = $3.59 billion (decreased by 4%)
  • PS Quarterly Revenue = $8.11 billion (increased by 61%)
@L*][*N*K ^ numbers.
Nope. It shows that Xbox business is just fine. And all doom and gloom are just that. Doom and gloom.

Fact that entire Xbox business is not entirely reliant on sales of their hardware is strength not weakness and it is ultimate goal of Microsoft.

Not to mention that Xbox consoles are exclusives are still huge part of their business. Without exclusives, GamePass won't work longterm. And Console hardware is also put in cloud, so Microsoft kinda needs dedicated console hardware, not only for home consoles but also for xCloud.

I find it hilarious that PS4 outsold XOne 2,5:1 and PS5 outsold Series X/S 6:1 last quarter and Xbox division still managed to get 75% of what Sony got from their content cuts and subscription. Not to mention still huge sales of Sony first party compared to Xbox first party

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Nope. It shows that Xbox business is just fine. And all doom and gloom are just that. Doom and gloom.

Fact that entire Xbox business is not entirely reliant on sales of their hardware is strength not weakness and it is ultimate goal of Microsoft.

Not to mention that Xbox consoles are exclusives are still huge part of their business. Without exclusives, GamePass won't work longterm. And Console hardware is also put in cloud, so Microsoft kinda needs dedicated console hardware, not only for home consoles but also for xCloud.
You're using a small component that drives only 15% of the revenue at best and using that to determine if the ENTIRE division is doing well or not. Why?

Why not just use the ENTIRE division's revenue in the first place to judge that division's performance?

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
You're using a small component that drives only 15% of the revenue at best and using that to determine if the ENTIRE division is doing well or not. Why?

Why not just use the ENTIRE division's revenue in the first place to judge that division's performance?
Ehh. Because real margins are made in content and services not through selling of hardware.

Yes, Sony generated billions through selling of hardware. But the margin for that are not that high and it is not impossible that PSVR2 is being sold at loss.

Content revenue is more important because you are getting 30% cut from everything on your platform plus money from subscribers. And margins are higher. That's just the plain fact.

Why do you think Sony generated 8 billions in revenue but only 200millions in profit
And why you can't draw conclusions about Xbox performance from hardware revenue? Because xbox is more diversified towards PC side of business that can't be measured by "how much consoles we sold"

Important thing for Xbox is to hit targets set by Microsoft management. They hit them last quarter. But let's go with your professional analysis of doom and gloom. Since 2014 Microsoft is shutting Xbox business down. They are really bad at their job when they can't do it for decade

Last edited:
Trust me we all need Xbox and competition , if Xbox backs down I swear sony with its monopoly will fuck us all gamers in the ass with horrible business practices.
Like apple does when they sell u micro fibre cloth for 25 dollars.
If there is no gamepass and no live what's stopping Sony for charging insane amounts for ps plus and other services

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Ehh. Because real margins are made in content and services not through selling of hardware.

Yes, Sony generated billions through selling of hardware. But the margin for that are not that high and it is not impossible that PSVR2 is being sold at loss.

Content revenue is more important because you are getting 30% cut from everything on your platform plus money from subscribers. And margins are higher. That's just the plain fact.

Why do you think Sony generated 8 billions in revenue but only 200millions in profit
And why you can't draw conclusions about Xbox performance from hardware revenue? Because xbox is more diversified towards PC side of business that can't be measured by "how much consoles we sold"

Important thing for Xbox is to hit targets set by Microsoft management. They hit them last quarter. But let's go with your professional analysis of doom and gloom. Since 2014 Microsoft is shutting Xbox business down. They are really bad at their job when they can't do it for decade
If Xbox were indeed that much diversified in their PC efforts (and if they were drowning in content sales), that'd have reflected in their total revenue, won't it?

As per current pacing, PlayStation's total revenue is 87.5% higher than Xbox's.

And I don't agree that subscription services offer a higher margin. I'm still pretty sure that Game Pass is not profitable. After the PS+ revamp, I doubt PS+ is profitable either.

On the other hand, I agree that game sales have a higher margin -- especially first-party sales. But as I pointed out in my OP, Xbox has been seeing abysmal first- and third-party game sales.

All these things combine and reflect in the low revenue of their division -- which, by the way, is already inflated because of acquiring 23 studios and combining their revenue to Xbox's revenue.

I find it hilarious that PS4 outsold XOne 2,5:1 and PS5 outsold Series X/S 6:1 last quarter and Xbox division still managed to get 75% of what Sony got from their content cuts and subscription. Not to mention still huge sales of Sony first party compared to Xbox first party

Xbox has dedicated fanbase. And they spend good money.

I am always subscribed to gamepass. And still buy games on monthly basis. I am still spending same amount as before, just that, now it's divided between gamepass and digital games.

Only now I have access to far more no of games that I can play.

If i went to PlayStation, i would still be spending same monthly amount. Only, now I will have access to fewer games and will wait a few months to play first party titles.

Mr.Phoenix

Ah you’re right. But something was 6 months. Or was that the delay to PC port?

Anyway it’s not just a few games. I could write a list if you want. I’d say everything big is already there except TLOUp2, TLOU remake, GT7 and Ragnarök.
No... you arent wrong but you aren't right entirely.

Yes, everything Sony makes eventually ends up on PS+. But every AAA game they make takes at least 12 months before they end up on the service. And that's fine, it's also fine if what you want to do is just wait for games to come to the service instead of buying them, I too have got a number of games like that.

But this is not in any way the same thing as what GP does, with GP... EVERYTHING MS makes/publishes or even just has a deal with comes to it on day 1. And no matter how patient you are, there is a fundamental difference between waiting at least a year in the hope something may come vs knowing that something will come on day 1.

Godot25

Banned
If Xbox were indeed that much diversified in their PC efforts (and if they were drowning in content sales), that'd have reflected in their total revenue, won't it?

As per current pacing, PlayStation's total revenue is 87.5% higher than Xbox's.

And I don't agree that subscription services offer a higher margin. I'm still pretty sure that Game Pass is not profitable. After the PS+ revamp, I doubt PS+ is profitable either.

On the other hand, I agree that game sales have a higher margin -- especially first-party sales. But as I pointed out in my OP, Xbox has been seeing abysmal first- and third-party game sales.

All these things combine and reflect in the low revenue of their division -- which, by the way, is already inflated because of acquiring 23 studios and combining their revenue to Xbox's revenue.
Ehh. It shows?

XOne + Series XS - +- 75 million consoles
PS4 + PS5 - +-160 million consoles

Content and services revenue for Xbox 3,1 billion
Content and services revenue for PlayStation 4,1 billion

Kinda disproportionate don't you think? And even more disproportionate if you realise, that Sony had way much more revenue from selling of first-party games than Microsoft thanks to still strong sales of Rangarok, and residue sales of games like Forbidden West, TLOU 1 and Gran Turismo 7.

So. Either Microsoft manages to get way more revenue out of one average customer then Sony, or diversification of their business towards PC and cloud is clearly showing on their Content and services revenue.

And as I said. Sony's way higher revenue was thanks to selling 6 million of 550€ hardware and god know how much PSVR2 headsets for 650€. But I really doubt that profit margins for selling hardware are that high. If any. Let's remember, that Sony raised prices of their console because cost of manufacturing went higher.

And I mean, you can claim "inflated" revenue thanks to 23 studios however you like, but fact is that residue sales of first-party for Microsoft/Bethesda are currently almost nonexistent, since they did not release huge game in 16 (?) months. If we go Q2 (july-september) without uptick of revenue thanks to Starfield, you can doom and gloom as much as you please.

Fact is, that people like you are predicting doom and gloom for Xbox consoles for almost 10 years. So you are probably going for "even broken clock is right twice a day"
Also fact is that Microsoft will never ever sell more consoles than Sony. But that's just absolutely irrelevant, because they created service that is viable even without owning a console. And since they are constantly increasing their revenue, it's clearly working

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Xbox has dedicated fanbase. And they spend good money.

I am always subscribed to gamepass. And still buy games on monthly basis. I am still spending same amount as before, just that, now it's divided between gamepass and digital games.

Only now I have access to far more no of games that I can play.

If i went to PlayStation, i would still be spending same monthly amount. Only, now I will have access to fewer games and will wait a few months to play first party titles.
The boded part..is technically false. The only difference between PS+ and GP is when first-party games come to the service.

And I think that's a fair trade, if you don't want to ever actually buy anything, then you would be a year behind everyone else.

The boded part..is technically false. The only difference between PS+ and GP is when first-party games come to the service.

Where are Wo Long, Atomic Heart, Minecraft Legends on PS+ extra? Hifi Rush?

I don't think both services are that close. If Sony starts putting day 1 first party on it, they would be similar.

XXL

Trust me we all need Xbox and competition , if Xbox backs down I swear sony with its monopoly will fuck us all gamers in the ass with horrible business practices.
If there is no gamepass and no live what's stopping Sony for charging insane amounts for ps plus and other services
I'm really getting sick of this argument.

Sega left Xbox replaced them.

There is no reason to believe that wouldn't happen again.

Microsoft needs to EARN its place with Xbox not be given it out of the fear of its competitions actions or pity.

Another company that enters the field could be better run, which in turn would create more competition which would be better for gamers and the industry in general.

Again, they don't deserve place because they happen to be there. They should earn it, like Playstation and Nintendo have.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I'm really getting sick of this argument.

Sega left Xbox replaced them.

There is no reason to believe that wouldn't happen again.

Microsoft needs to EARN its place with Xbox not be given it out of the fear of its competitions actions or pity.

Another company that enters the field could be better run, which in turn would create more competition which would be better for gamers and the industry in general.

Again, they don't deserve place because they happen to be there. They should earn it, like Playstation and Nintendo have.
Yeah I think this is the right way to look at it.

We need competition to keep a check on Sony and avoid a monopoly. But that competition does not necessarily need to be in the form of Xbox if Xbox can't earn that place.

If it can, then all is well and good, and Xbox should continue to push Sony (without being anti-competitive, of course) and vice versa.

Last edited:
Xbox, if it goes away, would go away because it failed itself. Just as SEGA was never going to survive as hardware makers due to the politics of the company at the time. it is not anyone's job to save Xbox but Xbox itself. And if Xbox can't survive then it needs to make room for a replacement.

MS has abandoned the market and has spent a year and a half without any first AAA and with the only narrative of its leaders "we are going to buy ABK" that has failed, it has allowed interest in Xbox to cool completely while Sony has been taking out quality games, as a result when the stock problems have ended PS5 has broken a historical record selling 6.3 million a quarter while Xbox sank 30%, now it is too late for Xbox to overcome the generation and luck will have if reaches Xbox ONE numbers.

I'm sure everyone on this site is hoping MS have an incredible showcase next month. They may show us theyve turned ir around
I have been around long enough to have seen posts like these over and over. It reminds me of posts stating Halo Infinite would save Xbox.

You know what? Xbox can't change because it is attached to Microsoft, a much bigger company. And that means they are directly influenced by MS work culture. Xbox is the way it is because of the company it is attached to. And unlike Playstation, who is making enough money to actually have a say at the table in Sony board meetings, Xbox does not have that kind of influence.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I actually still have a working complete setup 🤓 C128

nSRaAvk.jpg

ZkmJbMk.jpg

This was from 2021. Don’t have it up anymore, only a CF modded A1200 with DVI port and a modern The C64 full sized computer which isn’t the same thing for nostalgia.

Man, this is a throwback. A tape deck for the C64 eh? Way back when I was in grade school we used a Commodore PET, which had tape decks.
commodore-pet-2001.jpg

I gave my Commodore 64 setup away a few decades ago to a family member. It kept me playing games during the console crash.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
With this deal falling through I think Microsoft’s going to go on a big spending spree to secure timed console exclusives.

It’s going to be exciting sitting on the fence watching the console companies screw each other over.

They'll just forever be in third place. Which, someone needs to tell Microsoft, is okay.
I don't think it is to them. Microsoft has always seemed to have the plan for Xbox to be the gateway to so.ething much bigger.

Building to the launch of Xbox One it seemed as if their plans had been all for that moment, when Xbox becomes something everyone had for media, with gaming just being a small part.

That was the TV, TV, TV moment, with the Xbox One and Kinect being the thing everyone used for Television, DVR, gaming and everything else in your living room. The name One came from the "all in one". At the time, they had publicly stated they expected to sell 1 BILLION Xbox Ones (seriously).

Those plans clearly crashed, but MS still wasn't satisfied with just being another gaming console. Their current plan all hinges on GamePass becoming even bigger than Netflix. They've again gone all in, and I feel they are not happy with how those plans are currently progressing (they’ve slowed down announcing subscription numbers).

If GamePass doesn't become what they hope, i don't think they'll just settle in with doing just ok in gaming. They likely will either take another home-run swing or quietly get out of the industry. I imagine the prior is much more likely, but I don't know what form that would take.

If GamePass doesn't become what they hope, i don't think they'll just settle in with doing just ok in gaming. They likely will either take another home-run swing or quietly get out of the industry. I imagine the prior is much more likely, but I don't know what form that would take.
They are making money being a third party publisher just fine. The Xbox just has issues sustaining the hardware. Microsoft making and selling Windows games would continue, it's just that Xbox can't find a reason to exist now that they failed to take over the livingroom.

They are making money being a third party publisher just fine. The Xbox just has issues sustaining the hardware. Microsoft making and selling Windows games would continue, it's just that Xbox can't find a reason to exist now that they failed to take over the livingroom.
But, I'm not sure Microsoft as a whole would continue to split their focus, if one part of their business is making pennies comparable to the rest of the company with no aspirations to turn into something much larger.

Fredrik

With this deal falling through I think Microsoft’s going to go on a big spending spree to secure timed console exclusives.

It’s going to be exciting sitting on the fence watching the console companies screw each other over.
Yeah I definitely think we’ll see some sort of consequence. Only question is if they’ll stay calm until they’ve appealed the ruling, might not be clever to bring out the knives yet.

In the end I think it’ll benefit us who have all the platforms, they’ll be more aggressive to lure people into their ecosystem. And if you’re already there, well, better deals. 👍 Hoping for some super aggressive Gamepass moves, my prepayed cheap Ultimate sub ends in about a year, I don’t want to pay the standard price.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I'm sure everyone on this site is hoping MS have an incredible showcase next month. They may show us theyve turned ir around
Meh, we've had 3 showcases since the new consoles were announced. Showcases don't matter.

Look at PlayStation -- no Showcase in the last 19 months! And they're better than ever because they keep releasing high-quality 10/10 games at a fantastic frequency. That's way more important.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Man, this is a throwback. A tape deck for the C64 eh? Way back when I was in grade school we used a Commodore PET, which had tape decks.
commodore-pet-2001.jpg

I gave my Commodore 64 setup away a few decades ago to a family member. It kept me playing games during the console crash.
I never experienced the console crash. You’re talking about the Atari era right?
It was before I started gaming.

I started on Game & Watch and after that Spectravideo and Commodore 64. I still have a whole shelf of C64 cassette games, it’s pretty amazing that they still work too. Lots of diskette games too on 5¼-inch floppies. The 1541-II diskdrive on the photo is the actual one from my youth, must be like 35 years old now, still working. That’s quality! 👌

I have a ton of floppy games for Amiga 500 too. Got a Kryoflux floppy ripper a couple years ago to secure some of the things I really don’t want to lose. Like a game I made in AMOS, it’s now an adf file usable in emulators, it was wild to see it running on Xbox Series X on Retroarch before MS ruined the fun and killed the app.

How much of the stuff we buy now will still work in 35 years?
Games are launched broken and needs day 1 patches and some are patched for months. How will that work when servers has been turned off? 🤔

Meh, we've had 3 showcases since the new consoles were announced. Showcases don't matter.

Look at PlayStation -- no Showcase in the last 19 months! And they're better than ever because they keep releasing high-quality 10/10 games at a fantastic frequency. That's way more important.

Games are what sell this systems not a bunch of trailers.

A showcase is nice but the real test is when the games release.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
How much of the stuff we buy now will still work in 35 years?
Games are launched broken and needs day 1 patches and some are patched for months. How will that work when servers has been turned off? 🤔

Bullshit. Most games launch completely playable on disk with no required downloads. Unless all you do is play the biggest AAA blockbusters, which don't even make up 10% of the total games releasing each year.

My copy of RE4R will still remain completely playable 50 years from now just as my copy of RE4 on Gamecube has remained playable and iwll remain playable for decades to come.

i dont think it will end, i have a hard time believe all the acquired studios prior activsion/blizzard, that there wouldnt be at least a handful of great games in the coming years.

but the gap will widen significantly. the rate of ps5s sold recently is already better than the ps4 and with the next sony showcase around the corner, its just going to get bigger and bigger.

at this point in time i dont think xbox will ever catch up but goddamn make some games already lol

This failed ABK-Microsoft merger isn't looking good for Phil Spencer's job security given some of the comments he's put out there claiming responsibility for the merger attempt, but I've got an idea for what Phil should suggest to Satya & the board of directors to give him more time and to keep his job:

Release a next generation console based on the very best Zen 5 CPU + custom RDNA 4 GPU (something equivalent to 8900 XTX Radeon card) available by AMD, at least 32 GB of GDDR7 memory, and a disc drive included all for a price of just $199. The console itself shouldn't be released any later than the spring of 2025 as to stop the bleeding of Xbox marketshare to Playstation. Also, no backwards compatibility so that gamers need to repurchase games. I'd also suggest to not release any further 1st party games for the Series consoles after Starfield + Forza later this year and instead just delay the rest of them for this newer console when it's released in this scenario.

Yeah, it'd be hellaciously expensive for Microsoft to do this strategy, but Microsoft doesn't seem to treat the Xbox division with "normal" business logic, so it can't be totally insane for them to try this route, and it would definitely be major enticement for PC gamers fed up with the state of prices of PC components to switch over to this next gen Xbox console instead. Also, keep in mind that Microsoft did release the Xbox 360 just 4 years after the original Xbox was released, and this current console generation seems to resemble the 6th generation sales splits going by what we're seeing so far this gen. Oh, and I bet my strategy would still be a lot better than what I've seen others on here suggesting that Microsoft try to secure timed console exclusives from major 3rd parties for the Series consoles, which would just be a giant waste of time & money given practically no one will bother switching to Xbox for timed exclusives and instead just wait out the time limit on those games.

When Sony was struggling with PS3 after launch, what did they do?
They decided to focus on making 1st party games for the rest of the generation. And with no care for whether they would ever make money for any of them due to the smaller install base. And we are not talking about some small millions, when all was said and done, it was reported that Sony had spent the ENTIRE Playstation2 warchest to fund PS3 1st party games. By the time PS4 came out they were starting from scratch.

But the gamble paid off. PS3 owners were happy that they were not abandoned and was supplied with games all the way to the end of the hardware's life. People bought PS4 because they expect the future to emulate the past. Because by spending the money to deliver games, Sony gained positive reputation.

All this talk about Xbox focusing on next gen and just abandon XboxSeries for dead, seemed to literally be the exact opposite of what Sony would do in their shoes. i guess that proves the two companies are nothing alike.

Fredrik

Bullshit. Most games launch completely playable on disk with no required downloads. Unless all you do is play the biggest AAA blockbusters, which don't even make up 10% of the total games releasing each year.

My copy of RE4R will still remain completely playable 50 years from now just as my copy of RE4 on Gamecube has remained playable and iwll remain playable for decades to come.
Okay broken was an exaggeration but RE4R got patched so you’ll have a worse experience in the future.
And take a game like Cyberpunk or No Man’s Sky or GT7 or Flight Sim, games which has had a ton of post-launch updates heavily changing the games, imagine going back to the launch day versions there.
Maybe there should be a physical Complete Edition sold when a dev drop support.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Okay broken was an exaggeration but RE4R got patched so you’ll have a worse experience in the future.
And take a game like Cyberpunk or No Man’s Sky or GT7 or Flight Sim, games which has had a ton of post-launch updates heavily changing the games, imagine going back to the launch day versions there.
Maybe there should be a physical Complete Edition sold when a dev drop support.

A "worse experience" as in literally no change to my initial experience? I played the game without any updates from start to finish and got the platinum. There was never any issues I experienced.

But agreed on the complete editions. Those should be more common with everything on disk.

When I say showcase I mean a showcase of great titles WITH release dates. Something to be excited for.

Unless release is close release dates don't mean much I'm afraid. I've seen dates given out and then the game delayed months later. I only have faith in Insomniaf because they are usually good with their output. If it wasn't for that I would have a lot if doubts the game releasing during the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom