• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Opinion] Every PlayStation Gaming Hardware Ranked

Lunarorbit

I completely missed the ps2 era cause I was on college when it came out. No one in school played video games when I was there 01-05.
I have no regrets not playing on ps2 cause by the time I got back into gaming with ps3 the graphics were getting dated. Those 3d polygons don't hold up

PS1>PS2>PS3>PS4>PS5

so it gets worse even though ps1 and ps2 are debatable which is better. ps4 and ps5 are overrated consoles and even ps3 is better which is sony's worst at a certain time. ps4 had no diversity in games compared to even ps3 and dumbed down their franchises. ps5 barely has games and its almost 3 years old and a really ugly controller.
From what I've seen, PS2 was more widely adoted, but the XB1 prevented it from surpassing PS1.

MikeM

PS5
PS4
PS2
PS1
Vita (how they treated this handheld was downright criminal)
PSVR 1 + 2
PSP
PS3 (hardware was terrible even though they tried to innovate)

The only real miss from the hardware side is the PS3.

SpokkX

PS5 (great backwards compability with PS4 and great exclusives already. Lots of games run at 60fps)
PS2 (great backwards compability with PS1 and great exclusives as well as LOTS of games. Lots of games run at 60fps too)
PS4 (great games but sluggish CPU, lowframerates and long loading times as well as no backwards compability)
PS1 (good first console)
PS3 (Sonys only real miss - an awful console with bad framerates, long loading and lots of misses from first party)

Top Bottom