• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion: I hate this trend of having famous actor faces on games.

supernova8

Banned
d0oi6e7.png
Funny a website put out a satire story saying that Activision patched Spacey out of the game and replaced him with Tom Hanks.

I didn't realize it was a satirical website and spent like 10 minutes trying to find videos of the Hanks version before stumbling upon a Steam forum where someone was like "you know it's a joke right".

stupid angelina jolie GIF
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

GymWolf

Funny a website put out a satire story saying that Activision patched Spacey out of the game and replaced him with Tom Hanks.

I didn't realize it was a satirical website and spent like 10 minutes trying to find videos of the Hanks version before stumbling upon a Steam forum where someone was like "you know it's a joke right".

stupid angelina jolie GIF
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF
Don't be mad, it's not hard to fall for these stuff when the censorship reality is even more scary than the jokes.

Last edited:

Teslerum

No joke, Debra Wilson is beginning to feel like she's everywhere. Her voice isn't that distinct so she went under the radar before, but with motion capture recently its another story.

In three games with her face this year: Jedi Survivor, Suicide Squad and Forspoken.

Last edited:
Reactions: MP!

Banned

motion capturing in combination with video game animations looks like ass still.
uncanny, stilted, clearly smoothed over and only in cutscenes does it look remotely good usually.

hand animated faces look 100 times better. there's a reason Pixar movies get meticulously hand animated, even if they use motion capture, that's usually only used as a rough reference.

motion captured "acting" just looks awful unless you are Avatar 2 which had the best motion capture tech in the world, and even there it's not perfect

Top Bottom