• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| NEOGAF Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more [Your images only]

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Picked up a fully Bc ps3 at a thrift shop for $50. It’s on on few 4.81. Is there any reason to leave it on that fw for jailbreaking or just upgrade?
BiStEE0.jpg

Couple of new arrivals today, Plus some splatoon 3 stuff, seems the nintendo store chucked in a bag & pin for ordering from them had no idea but was a nice bonus i love the design of the bag material.
T1dmvkI.jpg

R4xhEij.jpg

bonus freebie stuff
EP6AV97.jpg

x4bky3r.jpg

Gotta love it when you get a few extras you weren't expecting. It's the opposite of the car market where you pay tens of thousands of dollars for a product and they try to con you with $12 floor mats and a $90 block heater as a "winter package" for $2K.

Impotaku

Gotta love it when you get a few extras you weren't expecting. It's the opposite of the car market where you pay tens of thousands of dollars for a product and they try to con you with $12 floor mats and a $90 block heater as a "winter package" for $2K.
the official uk nintendo store likes giving away extras when you buy certain games from them. Miitopia it was a brick of mii postcit notes lol. Luigi's mansion 3 was a little ghost dog glow in the dark keyring.

Impotaku

One import one one regular, been eagerly waiting for my physical of unpacking from limited run, love the extra slipcase for it. Also super cheap puyopuyo tetris 2 turned up today.
Sd0hC2P.jpg

Also wanted to use the amiibo functionality in splatoon 3 but for moment i don't fancy spending over £100 getting all the splatoon amiibo figures so this is the next best thing. Some really well made cards for 17 of the amiibo it's not all of them but pretty much nearly all released ones, at some point i'll get originals in future as i like picking them up.
JhtSuOW.jpg

3AfXoOv.jpg

The print quality is really nice, i know some of these knockoffs have some dubious quality printwork but not these,
iwZW9er.jpg

Impotaku

Couple more switch games, not normally a lego game type of person but i like minecraft and this is in a very similar kind of deal. Can mess about making mini worlds to keep me amused. Really enjoying it so far.
4bXEADp.jpg

Also supraland finally turned up from limited run today, took exactly one year from ordering to it turning up as it was october when they did the preorders.
J4mIQba.jpg

Couple more switch games, not normally a lego game type of person but i like minecraft and this is in a very similar kind of deal. Can mess about making mini worlds to keep me amused. Really enjoying it so far.
4bXEADp.jpg

Also supraland finally turned up from limited run today, took exactly one year from ordering to it turning up as it was october when they did the preorders.
J4mIQba.jpg

You're going to need an off-site warehouse for your Switch collection at this rate :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Impotaku

Small box turned up from Japan today, taiko donderful festival special box from amazon japan. A nice selection of taiko themed goods not often taiko gets bundles like this.
jd5Fxqv.jpg

pJ9yaeH.jpg

IPYpZ6n.jpg

some sat-box budget game compilations as i like these game some i already own digitally like the newer keshigomu otoshi board game & the matsuri minigames but they are nice to have in physical form so they are not locked to the eshop they are like £13 each so not exactly wallet busting.
mdOx9kG.jpg

Physical of dungeon munchies and a double pack of escape room type games bonus points been they are in english.
grcG2i7.jpg

blair witch as japan got physical release &, plus ilvello and atomicrops
lmokxAd.jpg

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Damn, I keep forgetting to post my pick ups! I'll take some snaps tonight and upload the goodies. It's been a huge month with some amazing pickups!

SegaManAU

Gold Member
OK Pickups! There could be more, I think I've forgotten some stuff but this will do for now haha

As always, if you're on Instagram give us a follow @retrogamerx1987 as I post a lot of my pickups on there!

Recap of the last month!

Complete in Box Grape N64 console (My favourite colour)
Sealed Dreamcast Controller
Brand New old stock Sega Saturn controller
Panzer Dragoon Saga for Sega Saturn - on my wish list for a very long time
Splatoon 3 Switch - Great colours. I had a $100 voucher at a local retailer so I used it and picked up this console for the collection!
MacBook Air M2 - My old macbook was from 2015, served me well but it was time for an upgrade. Very happy with the M2. Perfect for my needs.
Mario Party 3 - I already had this game, but this was a box upgrade so sold my copy to buy this one.
Sleeping Charmander Plush - EB games had a sale so I snapped this up. It's a nice touch to the games room.

d3ESDWt.jpg

dq8fouo.jpg

0nd5zzJ.jpg

hr6VYyk.jpg
38vvVD6.jpg

R93zg6u.jpg
N2dn0Af.jpg
XJE0wHO.jpg

Impotaku

Few more pickups
8g5APGY.jpg

Discovered there's a collectors version of superliminal so now i own 2 copies one standard one collectors, it's something i couldn't pass up on as i'm not kidding when i say it's one of my fave puzzle games ever i love the levels they are so cozy to play around in. It was a shock it evgen getting a physical release let alone something a bit more fancy, some nice bit's n bobs in the box plus it has an amazing lenticular cover too.
etU7qCk.jpg

wls0Gvt.jpg

Impotaku

Superliminal was a great game, ran through it a few times back-to-back.
I love the enviroments & how surreal everything is. Also love it's packed with secrets too, only found a couple of the chess pieces but i want to find them all. So happy that it's no longer locked to been a digital title.

As for today switch game number 260 arrived earlier than i was expecting, still stoked this finally got a physical release.
ARBaZ66.jpg

Had a Sega-tastic day today!

My brother finally got the Saturn modded. It has the FRAM mod done so saves don't all dissapoear when the battery dies. It also has a Terraonion MODE installed with an SSD like the Dreamcast has done. I've had this Model 2 Saturn since back in the 90's, it's super clean inside and out so it was a great platform to modify.
RIdfFRN.jpg

h9Z79cc.jpg

Since there is no HDMI mod for the Saturn, it's using a RetroTink with a scart adaptor which honestly looks as clean as the HDMI modded N64, PS1 and Dreamcast, at least to the naked eye I see no real difference. The RetroTINK and scart combo is no cheaper than the HDMI mods though and doesn't improve the audio output like the HDMI mods do.

Pardon the spaghetti mess behind the TV, I'll be moving all my stuff into the recently vacated basement soon so right now it everything just hangs loose back there.
Vie0n6U.jpg

Also here is the Action Replay 4MB expansion cart, it's a pinkish grey cart with a shitty label, might get an official Sega memory expansion cart and swap the shells.
I24dUt6.jpg

Got a couple Retro-Bit wireless Saturn pads to play it with. Super nice controllers that come in a very nice box. Pair-up was effortless and they feel exactly like the real Saturn pads.
ZikExLE.jpg

bYXANmT.jpg

mqB3Xeh.jpg

Finally, the Genesis Mini 2 arrived today as well just as we finished setting up the Saturn. Timing couldn't have been better!
BxfcOAE.jpg

eR6Mrkn.jpg

Last edited:
My brother's brother just had a birthday.

Got some games for the Switch. I just played Final Fantasy I-VI again this year, so this is perfect. I've wanted to play Trials of Mana and Wario Ware games are always great fun.
l4kPskA.jpg

Got this Kotobukiya Siren model kit. I've wanted this for a long time. Somehow, I missed it when it released despite having a house full of Gundam kits. I'll have to do an extra special job on it. It's such a cool mecha design.
bqMDkEO.jpg

Finally, I got this Red Rocket attendant Protectron which at first appears to be a simple repaint of the standard statue. The bowtie, buttons, chest stripe and lightning bolts are molded in. I love the Fallout robot and vehicle designs and this little guy looks awesome with the others.
3w7hdvg.jpg

Impotaku

A nice box arrived today from japan some fun things inside this one. Firstly my Megadrive 2 mini & Megadora tower mini 2, first time i have even seen the retail box as it looks like nobody picked up the accessory set hell even amazon don't show a pic of the box nice that it's way smaller than the first one.
tPf4Tdc.jpg

The extremely fun tsuri spirits saocon set
JftcALO.jpg

Limited edition of RPG time, has a few nice bits inside, a replica of Kenta's notebook sadly blank lines for all of it apart from inside first page, a pencil board and a soundtrack cd.
BtWuSGM.jpg

4B4V4IR.jpg

Finally picked up all the nettas
UDRsPhw.jpg

More joycon thumbgrips found some really nice ones on amazon japan plus an official switch stylus yeah i had no idea there was even such a thing till i saw a pic on amazon, will make certain games easier especially ones where i have to draw.
gGxn8Su.jpg

Final thing was the abarenbou tengu famitsu DX pack, held off picking this up for a while as it's kind of pricy.
oFMlUZx.jpg

Comes with a few extras like a couple of hand towels, some A4 clear files plus a wall scroll. The hand towels are basically like the scroll art but in red & blue with the main focus been tengu head or zombie head
qquhEFK.jpg

I wanted the DX pack especially for these they come in a lovely smelling wooden box, the art is beautiful.
NZuYhTL.jpg

algPEx2.jpg

Impotaku

Wanted the collectors edition of a short hike for a while but i didn't have the cash at the time and it sold out stupidly fast no way i was gonna pay the prices on ebay from people scalping the hell out of it. Seems the stock SRG held back for replacements and damaged copies in the post got released for sale so i managed to grab one of the last handful they had left so pleased to have this one as it's got some nice things in it.

DeGabNr.jpg

A visitors guidebook to all the features of the island, even comes with a pocket full of stickers in the back to fill in the circles as you find birds ect...
DauFWBP.jpg

xWMF2po.jpg

hmxeunu.jpg

fnvRjfi.jpg

2 proper quality maps to the island they both have proper covers glued to them like real maps have.
3jCL7qC.jpg

lmG1GWl.jpg

zjwX37c.jpg

The actual game plus a soundtrack
fZE9c63.jpg

Plus some other nice bits in the final layer of the box an enamel pin a full set of SRG's usual trading cards and some really pretty postcards
fDBS0KB.jpg

E7SZQap.jpg

genUcR2.jpg

Wanted the collectors edition of a short hike for a while but i didn't have the cash at the time and it sold out stupidly fast no way i was gonna pay the prices on ebay from people scalping the hell out of it. Seems the stock SRG held back for replacements and damaged copies in the post got released for sale so i managed to grab one of the last handful they had left so pleased to have this one as it's got some nice things in it.

DeGabNr.jpg

A visitors guidebook to all the features of the island, even comes with a pocket full of stickers in the back to fill in the circles as you find birds ect...
DauFWBP.jpg

xWMF2po.jpg

hmxeunu.jpg

fnvRjfi.jpg

2 proper quality maps to the island they both have proper covers glued to them like real maps have.
3jCL7qC.jpg

lmG1GWl.jpg

zjwX37c.jpg

The actual game plus a soundtrack
fZE9c63.jpg

Plus some other nice bits in the final layer of the box an enamel pin a full set of SRG's usual trading cards and some really pretty postcards
fDBS0KB.jpg

E7SZQap.jpg

genUcR2.jpg

I love it when collector's edition stuff like this has actual thought put into it. So many are just a steel case and a poorly painted piece of crap. I always love when the collector's edition stuff tells a story in itself. Good example off the top of my head was Halo Reach, which came with Dr. Halsey's journal which was full of cool little details.

On a side note, I assembled and painted the Siren model kit I posted earlier.

aJmmith.jpg

cPCU2hI.jpg

6jGAR2R.jpg

yX4DVdj.jpg

Last edited:

Impotaku

I love it when collector's edition stuff like this has actual thought put into it. So many are just a steel case and a poorly painted piece of crap. I always love when the collector's edition stuff tells a story in itself. Good example off the top of my head was Halo Reach, which came with Dr. Halsey's journal which was full of cool little details.

On a side note, I assembled and painted the Siren model kit I posted earlier.

aJmmith.jpg

cPCU2hI.jpg

6jGAR2R.jpg

yX4DVdj.jpg
Fantastic job on the kit, painting/lining makes them look totally different. Even the cheapest plamo looks really good if you take the time to panel line the thing & then some flat topcoat.

Fantastic job on the kit, painting/lining makes them look totally different. Even the cheapest plamo looks really good if you take the time to panel line the thing & then some flat topcoat.
Thanks! I actually have over 200 MG Gunpla kits in my house and several PG kits. I probably put more time into that hobby than into gaming. At first, I just slapped them together and lined them because I enjoyed the mechanics of the various kits more than the finished product but over time my collection grew and I started to question a collection without any effort involved beyond basic assembly, so I got an airbrush and started painting them. I've actually gone back and refinished several old kits since then. I try to do better/try new things with each kit now.

Impotaku

I thought this day would never come but here we are finally cuphead is no longer trapped to the digital realm. Now i own this masterpiece 4 times lol. Digitally on PC/PS4/SW and now a physical copy too :)
Jxb2SLd.jpg

Even as a standard release MDHR tried to make it as nice as possible has lovey inner artwork i'm tempted to reverse the cover they also included a cuphead club card and 6 comic strip cards, i made sure to carefully peel off the DLC sticker on the plastic wrap to save, now lives in the case. Something i used to do from the DS era if the sticker was especially nice.
Xo9iL0L.jpg

BM3Wvi4.jpg

jzm6cld.jpg

vPh76Fy.jpg

Midn1ght

I don't usually post the stuff I buy but I just got one of my best PS2 pick up deal ever.

M1OkTsq.jpeg

All CIB in great condition for 100€.
I restarted collecting physical here and there in 2022 and been telling myself I probably shouldn't but yeah...
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Impotaku

Everything that's been sat in Japan over xmas i finally got shipped off a weird mix of stuff, it's always nice to get a variety of things. Only was posted monday so it got here pretty fast.

Some switch games
BO1gpv6.jpg

o8R9og7.jpg

Also i like to keep upto date with the world of gashapon, amazon japan is so good for buying them as you can just buy complete sets with no doubles hassle. Most of them are reasonably priced but once they are out of print the prices go mad. I decided to get these 2 series before that happens, first up a set on wordplay joke of tako san weiners been turned into tako san winners. Octopus hotdogs been in various winning situations hehe i love odd stuff like this i live for it.
75oEyxF.jpg

The other set are haniwas in various poses, always like those weird clay statues even though their origins are creepy. Also easter island moai heads are another weakness when i see them sadly not seen any sets with those in (yet).
57rnIsE.jpg

Also found out there's a while section on amazon for storing figure stuff so many tiny cases that you can use to keep the dust off. They have stands inside of various heights to display small figures and magnetic doors to keep the dust out i bought a pair as they are stackable. Will be getting more of stuff like this as they come in tons of various configurations a lot been wall mountable too perfect for amiibo stuff ect just a shame amazon uk doesn't have the same range.
BhOPq1K.jpg

They look like this when assembled
61aWAUq8zzL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Also picked up the game expansion set for my egret II mini the magazine is in the back of the box.
oQ8gUU1.jpg

Also another new release in the nippon natsukashi taizo series of books they all concentrate on one area of nostalgia from mainly the showa era. I love seeing this side of japanese culture, i have them on alsorts of subjects like food/keyrings/sweets/model kits this one is about toys sold at toyshops/dagashiya.
6ytKvNg.jpg

Pretty much all pics inside i love flipping through
RQvGhsB.jpg

uTC98Ge.jpg

zUNvVxq.jpg

Also got these they are replicas of the skill nuts/seeds from the dragon quest games. Blind boxes but they should contain 2 complete sets.
XXi6nTY.jpg

And finally a couple of switch games but not imports, wanted to try the builders games for a while now.
MHcZiyQ.jpg

EDIT:
opened the blind boxes to double check, seems you do get 2 of each seed i love when fictional items get made into real world things. Now if only these boosted my skills in real life. They are really well made, each seed comes with it's own slime bag but they all will fit in a single bag. Would love some more dragon quest merch.
N8osyEM.jpg

lFXCfCY.jpg

I haven't posted the stuff I got over the holidays yet

I got a handful of Switch games.
THt272s.jpg

Got these coasters which were expected to be big chunks of plastic with a decal on the face but they're all rubber with the white being natural rubber. It was a nice surprise as they'll easily outlive me.
D2XKZ3O.jpg

I got another addition to my die cast Fallout set. It's a military-themed Fusion Flea which might just be my favorite of the set, though I do really love the Slocum's Joe Flea. I wish they'd release a Chryslus Rocket 69 or the Highwayman from Fallout 2
ptOYDn3.jpg

DjcbsdP.jpg

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Curious what are your specs for your new PC? Also Curious on how the 4090 runs all games you have? I'm eventually gonna to upgrade my PC but I'm waiting for a price drop on 3070. I have to replace my Motherboard, CPU and Ram too
5900x / 32 gigs of RAM. The build itself is almost a year old. Upgraded from 3080ti. I’m one of those that has to have new stuff.

Dying Light 2 Afterburner refuses to work but have it on ultra with ray tracing and looks lush.

Cyberpunk 2077 - 1440p / Ultra - between 101 to 144 fps. But the GPU hardly goes over 52 degrees and it’s almost silent.

My other games aren’t really GPU heavy.

I have a soft spot for the weird robots they use on GPU boxes

ALso how fucking big is that box!?
It’s fucking massive as is the card 😂😂

Last edited:

Impotaku

Latest drop of games
uaIUPrc.jpg

LtCKQ59.jpg

NiPZnZq.jpg

ASURMiz.jpg

cKhSJuY.jpg

RDYQzXW.jpg

Premium edition games that released rain on your parade is a recent discovery, not only do they do amazing packaging for their limited physical releases but they also include a challenge card in every game if you complete the challenge and take a pic as proof and contact them on social media they send you a special challenge cloth patch. A lot like activision used to do back in the atari days.
uH7bY2k.jpg

q1Kw95Q.jpg

Now i want to pick up more stuff from them to try the challenges it's a nice little extra.

Impotaku

Todays retro but not really retro arrival, the last gamecube memory card i'll ever need. Will need to dig cube & my memory cards out at the weekend to back everything upto the new card then back all that to the pc and then move my doubutsu no mori save data back onto the original card and then copy from the pc back to the memcard pro so i will have 2 copies of my doubutsu no mori saves thanks to nintendos garbage reason for save locking every damn single animal forest save file ever created.
KRm7ty9.jpg

vPFVZEp.jpg

Impotaku

Some new things from japan turned up today a couple of switch games....
7cGA1FD.jpg

Some more fun gashapon

Weird purins
bujZTSw.jpg

Even weirder sushi, part 2 release from the ones i bought last month
STNWawQ.jpg

And these amazing mini terrariums, the best part is there's a hole in the bottom so if you hold them over your mobile phone flashlight, the crystal in the middle glows brightly sadly i can't take a pic and show that at the same time :lol:
3MezVCJ.jpg

UF5fUQk.jpg

And finally newest issue of corocoro comics, i rarely buy issues nowadays but this one has something VERY special inside. There's a special demo of RPG time that's exclusive to this issue it's a mini card collecting board game and the cards are designed on some of the characters from corocoro like dangerous jiisan & keshikas kun 2 of my fave corocoro manga. Sadly the codes in the slip are one time use only according to the text & there's no other way to get it as you need to code to find it on the Eshop.
hJ8yAnP.jpg

Ly9ApB5.jpg

S3cxEfQ.jpg

HqPvamt.jpg

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
2022-2023
7sVQKXK.jpg
BIQeIkQ.jpg
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB died after almost 9 years (I haven't even written enough stuff on to it to exceed TBW limit, go figure), so I decided not to go for high-end to install OS this time + 250GB is much more suited for modern Windows needs and I've plenty of extra space to overload PS with cool plug-ins:messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom