• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OUTER WILDS | Coming To Xbox Series X|S + PS5 September 15

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I heard good things about this game but couldn’t stomach it at 1080p30.

No mention of a resolution bump?

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Nice. Started this a few months back but couldn’t do the 30fps thing.

I’ll go back to this when this releases. Get on the backlog train baby!

Kuranghi

I hope it has proper framepacing, absolutely drove me nuts on PC, I never saw if the PS version was unaffected by the Unity camera stutter thing I've experience in multiple titles from that engine, like Recompile, Sable, Outer Wilds and Exo One. I literally turned everything to minimum settings and 720p res and it still happened, maybe was some sort of USB product bug? Like a dongle or something. I have no idea if it was experienced by a majority of players or just minority.

asker

In my opinion the best game since Deus Ex. It feels like a throwback to the olden days when developers cared about their craft. The game is confident that you can use your own brain do figure shit out, and that you won't turn the game off the instant you are no longer told outright what to do next.

If you haven't played it yet and are someone that enjoy exploration/mystery/puzzles owe it to yourself to play it. It's a game that is best experienced blind, and I can't emphasize that enough. The less you know about it the better.

The DLC doesn't change anything in the base game so you can hold off on getting it until you know you want it. It's held in very high regard by the community.

Hestar69

Hopefully I don’t see this any time soon

Leaving GamePass
  • Outer Wilds (September 14)
They gave the game away for watching their e3 I think 3 years ago. Did you get you ever get it that way or you only have it on game pass?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Does the PS++ version upgrade for free? I tried playing it a while back but couldn't deal with the 30fps and massive input lag.
I bought the game but not sure about the ps plus version

If it’s anything like Edith finch Sony eventually gave that away if you redeemed on ps plus. Unsure on this at the moment sorry, but hopefully the dev/Sony will allow it.

asker

I tried playing this game and have no clue what to do or to what planet to go to...
This is the case for everyone. Just explore. You can go anywhere and you're bound to find the start of a bread crumb trail that you can follow. The moon, as RoadHazard also said, is a good starting point. The driving force in this game is your own curiosity. If that's lacking I don't think a guide will bring you any enjoyment.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
I tried playing this game and have no clue what to do or to what planet to go to...is there any guide?

The whole point of the game is to explore and figure things out for yourself... There's no right or wrong way to play the game early on. You will uncover things and connect the dots as you progress.

scydrex

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

In my opinion the best game since Deus Ex. It feels like a throwback to the olden days when developers cared about their craft. The game is confident that you can use your own brain do figure shit out, and that you won't turn the game off the instant you are no longer told outright what to do next.
Exactly. While most people are getting giddy over the new God of war i'd personally like more games like this.

Cant wait for this update.

Top Bottom