• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders |OT| So much content, is this a GaaS? No, just an anomaly.

Inviusx

When do legendary drops start happening? I'm level 14 I think.

Game is a blast.

I'm level 28, world tier 11. I haven't had a natural legendary drop the entire game, although you do get them as a scripted drop after major boss fights and atleast one side quest in the late game.

They kinda are getting death threats and some weird reddit posts have been going around on the forum. Also lot of go fuck yourself and kill yourself posts on twitter and the steam groups.

Sad thing is consumers forget that the devs are working from home. I don't know if Square fucked up by not giving them enough servers, or if there is an issue that was not happening during the demo, that occured in the full game. The demo ran really great, no idea what happened with the full game.

saintjules

They kinda are getting death threats and some weird reddit posts have been going around on the forum. Also lot of go fuck yourself and kill yourself posts on twitter and the steam groups.

Sad thing is consumers forget that the devs are working from home. I don't know if Square fucked up by not giving them enough servers, or if there is an issue that was not happening during the demo, that occured in the full game. The demo ran really great, no idea what happened with the full game.

Yup, it's quite terrible on the death threats. Literally ridiculous over a game that people worked so hard on. I don't know.

Last edited:
Story is fun and campy. Like its definitely copying mass effect andromeda for the intro chapter then it turns into gears. Troy Baker as the male lead is solid too, fits with how my mc looks.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I put in 5 hours this morning without a crash or a disconnect. Hopefully most of the crashes I've experienced have been backend connection issues manifesting as something other than a disconnect.

wArTHEIST

Neo Member
I am at the final boss fight right now. Had to turn down graphics settings because my FPS are going to shit in this fight...lol, It's pretty impressive.
I love the variety of the locations you go to in this game. Some of them look absolutely stunning! And the levels open up quite a bit later on.

Story wise, I liked it and I am not someone that's interested at all in the story in loot games (I skipped all the story stuff in D3, POE, Destiny 1,2,...)
It is going someplace some (easily offended) people are going to be upset about. I can imagine some SJW outlets blasting this game for tackling this issue in this specific way ("HOW DARE YOU!!!").

Gameplay still feels great after about 30 hours and I am really looking forward to the expeditions, getting some legendary gear (only got 2 legendary weapons in the campaign and I think they weren't random drops) and creating a real build.

PCF did a great job with this game, I love it.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Story wise, I liked it and I am not someone that's interested at all in the story in loot games (I skipped all the story stuff in D3, POE, Destiny 1,2,...)
It is going someplace some (easily offended) people are going to be upset about. I can imagine some SJW outlets blasting this game for tackling this issue in this specific way ("HOW DARE YOU!!!").

Oooh this sounds good! I'm not anywhere near as far along in the game as you, but I'm liking the story so far and anything that pisses off SJWs makes me happy.

Yup, it's quite terrible on the death threats. Literally ridiculous over a game that people worked so hard on. I don't know.

076.png

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I fucking hate when people do this shit.

Are you not an adult? Why are you crying over tweets? Just work on the fix and ignore these trolls
it's some shithead that calls in help when his email inbox goes above 10 and gets paid leave for mental issues & burn out
grow a fucking skin.

people act like assholes online

jaysius

Banned
The devs would get a LOT less hate if they allowed OFFLINE solo play.

Death threats towards people apart of a team ran by a major corporation are really misdirected and wrong.

Death threats 99% of the time online are wrong and pathetic.

Bridges

This game is way better than I expected. Coming off The Division, which to me was boring as sin, I was expecting a similar experience but so far it's been a great time. The abilities are super fun and I don't feel like I'm spending the majority of my time in menus like I sometimes do for these types.

Denton

How storydriven is this, and how good is the story, characters and dialogue?

For reference, I found Division 1 super boring storywise (barely finished it), Division 2 unplayable storywise (uninstalled after 3 hours), and right now I am playing Anthem - and the story here is...eh, mostly bad, but some of the dialogue is pretty fun and there is quite a lot of it, which keeps my attention.

I fucking hate when people do this shit.

Are you not an adult? Why are you crying over tweets? Just work on the fix and ignore these trolls

This, maybe I grew up in a different era but how is cyber bullying a thing? You have to know by now that reddit and twitter are complete garbage, stop looking at them. I shut down so my social media years ago and really don't miss it at all.

jaysius

Banned
Fixed it for you.
No there is a extremely rare 1% nothing has to do with normal Gaf activities or politics, there are genuinely awful humans in this world. ie leaders of human sex trafficking that are above the law and have direct negatively impacted your life... again 1%.

Last edited:

GymWolf

How storydriven is this, and how good is the story, characters and dialogue?

For reference, I found Division 1 super boring storywise (barely finished it), Division 2 unplayable storywise (uninstalled after 3 hours), and right now I am playing Anthem - and the story here is...eh, mostly bad, but some of the dialogue is pretty fun and there is quite a lot of it, which keeps my attention.
division 1-2 are the only games in my life where i skipped the cutscenes, here i didn't skipped once.

Much better than division if you are a little bit into sify level of scifi.

Also the protagonist being kinda of a semi-asshole is great.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Seriously, this game is just so much fun.

Completed the campaign. Level 30, starting to go through the expeditions.

It’s an unashamed grind but who fucking cares when it’s this much fun. The mod system is 10/10.

I rarely agree with Joe, but yeah on this one I'm with him. There are a lot of bugs in the game that were there in the preview events. I'm still surprised the final cutscene of the game still has the audio synch issue is still there back from November 2020 which is bizzarre cause we gave feedback to the devs.
AS much as I like this game (which is a solid 85 for me) , I just feel like the devs might have just sat on their thumbs for a couple of months. This was supposed to come out in November in the middle of a barrage of games, and they delayed it two times. It still came out like this which is a shame. It still has bugs from the old builds which begs the question what were they doing even in Home office setting this should have been enough time ?
The devs and Square should stress tested the game, or hired a company to do that.
Not sure if this is bulletspongey as the Division though. If they don't spec their builds properly yeah it will become that kind of game.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Why this game like GodFall and Avengers have such a boring enemy designs? The looter shooter and GaaS games are all about fighting enemies, they should put extra effort to make the enemies look fun to fight with, In MH series the Monsters are big highlight and devs put extra effort not only make them look cool but also really fun to fight with (multiple times)

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Why this game like GodFall and Avengers have such a boring enemy designs? The looter shooter and GaaS games are all about fighting enemies, they should put extra effort to make the enemies look fun to fight with, In MH series the Monsters are big highest and devs put extra effort not only make them look cool but also really fun to fight with (multiple times)
I would imagine MH has larger models that take a super long time to animate. Imagine having to have that appear in your game over and over in one map? I guess Rampage in MhR is an argument against what I’m saying. I’d say they aren’t pouring out a ton of them. Maybe a handful all at once. I haven’t done HR Rampage yet. I’d imagine it takes a longer time to animate the monsters in MH too. I’d say they have to consider how much they’re putting on screen at once and with minimally designed monsters, they can’t exactly craft them perfectly. You have monsters in Mh that build up charge and react to certain circumstances. That’s just a wild guess.

These games have enemies that will get hit once or twice. They get phased out and they have to spawn immediately. You also have to consider they all probably have code to go along with their patterns. I’d say a space issue? Making that all work sounds hard as a MF.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I would imagine MH has larger models that take a super long time to animate. Imagine having to have that appear in your game over and over in one map? I guess Rampage in MhR is an argument against what I’m saying. I’d say they aren’t pouring out a ton of them. Maybe a handful all at once. I haven’t done HR Rampage yet. I’d imagine it takes a longer time to animate the monsters in MH too. I’d say they have to consider how much they’re putting on screen at once and with minimally designed monsters, they can’t exactly craft them perfectly. You have monsters in Mh that build up charge and react to certain circumstances. That’s just a wild guess.

These games have enemies that will get hit once or twice. They get phased out and they have to spawn immediately. You also have to consider they all probably have code to go along with their patterns. I’d say a space issue? Making that all work sounds hard as a MF.
Im just saying they should put little effort make the enemies look interesting and fun to fight in a game thats all about fighting and shooting.

I mean look at this:
bYamWb6.png

What is that? it looks so uninteresting, how can I get motivated to fight if they have such a boring looking enemies?

Last edited:
Is anyone having a hard time getting into the servers on Xbox tonight? Been trying to authenticate for a while and it just keeps giving me Internet connection errors

GymWolf

Seriously, this game is just so much fun.

Completed the campaign. Level 30, starting to go through the expeditions.

It’s an unashamed grind but who fucking cares when it’s this much fun. The mod system is 10/10.
For the campaign there is no need to grind, i didn't repeated a single mission or sidequest to get better loot or level up.

Are you talking about the endgame?

cantona222

I'm playing with a friend. Sometimes I join him and sometimes he joins me. I want to know how game progression is working for each one of us. Also I looked through the menus and couldn't find a list of missions completed (to compare with my friend). Help please.

It's already the biggest square enix launch on steam in history, propably made with a fraction of marvel avenegrs budget by some slav studio. Really shame microsoft fucked them hard with their shit server infrastructure. I wonder if MS will compensate them with better deals in the future or even free servers deal for a year or something because now, outirders are bleeding money because of bad PR and distrasous launch.

Hargate

Once again devs will use the actions of an extreme few to shield themselves from a lot of rightly deserved criticism. This game has a bunch more problems than server issues, this isn't just launch issues.

Once again devs will use the actions of an extreme few to shield themselves from a lot of rightly deserved criticism. This game has a bunch more problems than server issues, this isn't just launch issues.
To be fair, server disaster is completely on microsoft

Ogbert

For the campaign there is no need to grind, i didn't repeated a single mission or sidequest to get better loot or level up.

Are you talking about the endgame?
Yes, was talking about endgame.

It’s fifteen short(ish) missions that we will grind out. Great fun though.

I’d also put good money on MS securing rights to Outrider 2. This game is going to be a hit. It might already have been part of the Gamepass discussion.

GymWolf

It blows my mind how many interesting and game changing perks you have available, and i only discovered like half of the tier 2, the tier3 are gonna be straight up broken :lollipop_squinting:

GymWolf

Ugh today i have to wait like 10 min to enter everytime, the gamez get stuck on the access granted step...

Servers are still far from perfect.

This game is overtuned as fuck if you play anything over Tier 5 or 6 in expiditions if you run them solo. You just get gang raped by 40 mobs and that's it. Another one even if the mobs take more hits is essential for not have aggro from every mob in the game.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Such a raging cunt.

Even games with 10 times the budget of outriders struggled in the first days after launch.

Not saying that they are innocent but yeah...

Not impressed with the "rage" in that video or the condescending attitude. The game itself is not "fundamentally broken" and a chat person trying to explain that to this buffoon is not having a "lack of self respect." What a toolbox.

Top Bottom