• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders |OT| So much content, is this a GaaS? No, just an anomaly.

GreyHand23

You make no sense, the resistance down from shadow comet works for everyone. I have to use it against monsters with armored skin so they can be subject to endless mass, otherwise they'll resist. Dude has no business running at tier 8 in multiplayer with these numbers

Besides, the 55 000 dmg overall from shadow comet means that maybe 2 mobs got hit by the comets ... it got barely used

It's obvious just from the lack of damage source on the trickster that he's undergeared and/or doesn't know how to make a proper build. It's funny that he mentioned shadow comet when it's so low on the damage list.

Sygma

It's obvious just from the lack of damage source on the trickster that he's undergeared and/or doesn't know how to make a proper build. It's funny that he mentioned shadow comet when it's so low on the damage list.

heeh i mean still managed to reach tier 8 on their own, but yeah like idk i keep getting people who just cant do damage lol

finally reached expedition tier 11 solo and the game is starting to get pretty nutty on the enemy density side of affairs,

Woo-Fu

Banned
U3IT3bM.jpg

I don't use snipers but I will use Ultimate Bone Shrapnel on my LMG, it's a game changer.

Duallusion

I'm starting to think I won't be much of a fan of endgame/expeditions. My first build is a sniper freeze build and I can forget about using it even in low tier expeditions, given how they are designed (time-limited horde mode, basically). Not to mention there seems to be, what, only one or two currently viable builds to reach higher tiers - if not actually just one, the infinite toxic/fire/time rounds build?

wArTHEIST

Neo Member
I'm starting to think I won't be much of a fan of endgame/expeditions. My first build is a sniper freeze build and I can forget about using it even in low tier expeditions, given how they are designed (time-limited horde mode, basically). Not to mention there seems to be, what, only one or two currently viable builds to reach higher tiers - if not actually just one, the infinite toxic/fire/time rounds build?

nah, I just saw on reddit some crazy shit people come up with that's viable that don't use any of the rounds skills.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
"We never said that we would abandon the game. This isn't a games-as-a-service, but if people like it, we will definitely be doing more things in the Outriders universe. We have so many more stories to tell, and a lot of ideas we want to explore that we couldn't fit in the original game, so we're happy to create more content in the future. Anything we would make would be in the form of significant expansions with self-contained stories."
- Bartek Kmita to Forbes Magazine

nice GIF

draliko

Got to expedition, i must say i enjoyed the trip to here, the problem is now building a decent piromancer as i was a bit low on wt and equip lvl. I'm now doing all the secondary quests to get a bit of money and equip, can't wait till they fix matchmaking, this game could be my main timesinker for the summer😅

Ogbert

Still really enjoying it, but endgame builds seem to be solely built around the bullet skills with an endless clip mod.

I just don’t see how you can pump out enough damage without it.

GymWolf

Bottom tree for Devastator gives silly dmg.. In your face smashing.
Yeah melee can be pretty op, but i just hate how the melee feels in this game, it's kinda clunky and slow and sometimes it doens't even register the input because the animations in not done yet (even if you actually finished the move).

I barely use the running slam but never the normal melee.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Yep.

Really fun game, but the builds are broken. They need to work out a way to make skills viable in expeditions, other than the infinite bullet well.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Still really enjoying it, but endgame builds seem to be solely built around the bullet skills with an endless clip mod.

I just don’t see how you can pump out enough damage without it.

Yeah, I think you need that in your build but you still have room to flex on other stuff, at least I do as pyro. There's also multiple ways to maximize uptime on your special rounds so you have a bit of flexibility there.

They simply need to buff the skill mods so there's at least one uber mod you can slot per basic skill to give them some parity with special rounds. Pyro would be a lot more fun if you could build for anomaly power and cooldown reduction and just burninate shit. Maybe you can? I haven't tried.

Last edited:

GymWolf

So uh, i have to admit that the OT on reeeee for this game is very well done and choke full of interesting info about the game, world tier, legendary weapon you can find in the normal campaign, classes abilities etc, take a look over there if you are still undecited about the game or his structure, it's a pretty hyping OT, not gonna lie.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So uh, i have to admit that the OT on reeeee for this game is very well done and choke full of interesting info about the game, world tier, legendary weapon you can find in the normal campaign, classes abilities etc, take a look over there if you are still undecited about the game or his structure, it's a pretty hyping OT, not gonna lie.
invasion of the body snatchers GIF

GymWolf

Started 2 new campaign with pyro and techno, all the classes are fun to play when you get unlock some skills, the pyro has some op aoe build potential holy shit, and his powers are so fucking cool to use it.

martino

I just unlocked gear "tweakings" yesterday it's at this point you discover the game do things right

Last edited:

GymWolf

I just unlocked gear "tweakings" yesteday it's at this point you discover the game do things right
Yeah, moving perks where you want is a gamechanger.

I bet people having hard times are saving this stuff for the endgame, nothing more wrong.

You clearly feel Every single perk both for skills and weapons.

Just beat the Chrysaloid. What a shitty boss fight for a solo Devastator. Died twice because of those flying bugs and it restarts the whole boss fight 😐

HOWEVA

It did drop my first Legendary. Is that scripted or just a random drop? I’ve heard the game has a couple scripted Legendary drops.

Neil Young

I have done a complete turnaround on this game. Hated the demo, thought it was trying to be a Division type knockoff. Having tons of fun being the tank. I am a GOD. I refuse to die. I LOVE lining up the critters in a nice little train and, BOOM, earthquake bitches! All dead. Walking into the middle of a room, absorbing all the bullets, you all die. Game is clunky, hard crashes here and there. Quest trail is wonky, but the game is like playing a summer blockbuster popcorn flick. Just goofy fun.

MadPanda

Banned
I've also got my first and so far only legendary from that boss. I did best it first time but it was bullet sponge and a slog. Flying insects were my biggest problem too.

Anyway, this game is so much fun, what a pleasant surprise. I'm world tier 9 so far, I've found a very potent trickster built and I want to play this game non stop.

I hope they fix those crashes as I've had many of them, but I just hop back as I like it very much. Usually I'd just turn of my console or play something else, but here nope, I just go back. I envy all those people with next gen consoles for much faster loading times.

I'm playing solo from the start and no problems whatsoever. There were times when I was owned hard but I realized either my gear isn't sufficient or my build wasn't good.

Yamisan

So I hit 30 yesterday and have been trying to find groups for expeditions. I go to the multiplayer pole, I hit "expeditions" when asked and in over 10 + groups I've joined only 1 actually was doing an expedition. All the other groups I got put in where in random ass players doing side quests. Am I do something wrong or is the party finder just junk?

8BiTw0LF

Banned
So I hit 30 yesterday and have been trying to find groups for expeditions. I go to the multiplayer pole, I hit "expeditions" when asked and in over 10 + groups I've joined only 1 actually was doing an expedition. All the other groups I got put in where in random ass players doing side quests. Am I do something wrong or is the party finder just junk?
Be in Outriders camp when searching for players

Now that everyone has had a chance to play the game for a few days, what's the general consensus on the "best" shotgun build, regardless of class? I'm looking for a good mix of survivability and damage.

The patch fixed a lot of things for us in terms of connectivity (PC player here ) friends used to rubberband all over the place, now it is great. I'm kinda happy this is not going to take months to fix

NullZ3r0

Banned
Just beat the Chrysaloid. What a shitty boss fight for a solo Devastator. Died twice because of those flying bugs and it restarts the whole boss fight 😐

HOWEVA

It did drop my first Legendary. Is that scripted or just a random drop? I’ve heard the game has a couple scripted Legendary drops.
I had to drop my WT to 4 to beat it. It's ridiculous with a build that requires close combat. I basically pew pewed my way through it with some weak-ass weapons. But at LVL 28, I found a bleed build that I really like that does good damage. But that was a shitty boss.

GymWolf

Lol the butch looking female character in the story is fucking terrible, i'm surprised that the woke crowd is not eating this game alive...

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
"We never said that we would abandon the game. This isn't a games-as-a-service, but if people like it, we will definitely be doing more things in the Outriders universe. We have so many more stories to tell, and a lot of ideas we want to explore that we couldn't fit in the original game, so we're happy to create more content in the future. Anything we would make would be in the form of significant expansions with self-contained stories."
- Bartek Kmita to Forbes Magazine

nice GIF
This is good news. I'm liking this game way more than I thought I would and I think I will want to play some more single player stories when I finish it. I'm a Game Pass player that would buy the game and expansions if they make them.

Just tried the demo - found the story very much dumb fun and surprisingly fleshed out for what it was.

Combat was far too quick for my liking with the third person choice. Cover seemed irrelevant given the push for aggression and pushing forward making the camera choice stupid, I would have preferred less cover and 1st person.

Will leave the full game although would have liked a game without the manic gameplay based on this universe

I think I'm done with this game for now. I'll jump back in when they release some substantial fixes to the gameplay, because after 30+ hours of Expeditions I've reached the limit of my patience with some of the enemy/encounter design, as well as the bugs. For instance, I'll never understand the mentality behind allowing self-revives in multiplayer but not solo-play. Or making ranged units as tanky (or even tankier) than standard units. Or a dodge button that rarely works as intended (Game: are you sure you want to put out that fire? You'd look cooler if you just vaulted over that cover instead!). Or having telegraphs mean fuck-all because they track you anyway lmao

And I can't finish the Monster Hunter quests because one of the locations is completely bugged and crashes 100% of the time.

Having said all that, I enjoyed my time with the campaign and the story.
Expeditions? Not so much, because they expose all that's wrong with the combat, enemy, and encounter design. Also, that inventory wipe bug is scary so I'd rather not risk it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I wouldn't play until they release a hotfix for the inventory wipe bug the latest patch either added or made greatly more common.

That said the latest patch did seem to fix whatever was causing me to crash every now and then. Put in 12 hours or so with no crash.

TheMan

Welp, here I am stuck at the title screen with the “signing in!” bug after 4 or 5 restarts. Rubbish.

Kagey K

Banned
I had a friend lose 2 characters tonight to the inventory wipe. A lvl 18 and a Lvl 24. You can’t even sign in and go buy new gear or anything it just server errors rendering the character useless.

That is a terrible bug.

Last edited:
Top Bottom