• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders |OT| So much content, is this a GaaS? No, just an anomaly.

I've been playing this game solo the past few days and I'm having a lot of fun. I'm WT6 right now and I just beat the volcano boss in one shot. I have the WT set to the highest one available but if I ever feel the game starts getting too tough I will lower the WT difficulty. I'm in this for the gameplay, story and world building, I don't care too much for the grind or the loot.

You like the story? At a certain point I just stopped paying attention. I thought the story was sloppy at best. Just IMO

You like the story? At a certain point I just stopped paying attention. I thought the story was sloppy at best. Just IMO
Well I haven't finished the game but so far it's keeping my attention. I'm a big sucker for sci-fi stuff, traveling to other planets and exploring alien worlds. Plus I'm intrigued by what causes the anomaly and how altered beings come to be. I just finished the mountain part and I'm heading to the forest. But yeah I'm enjoying the story.

Neolombax

I'll say that the conclusion of the story was pretty disappointing for me. I was quite engaged with it up until the last act. But I do enjoy the shooting and gibbing, so I kept playing up until the end. I only just did 1 expedition solo, it was okay. Massive waves of enemies really kept me on my feet. I'm definitely coming back to this game sometime in the future, try out different classes and collecting those legendaries, but now, Divinity Original Sin 2 awaits.

Exede

I enjoyed this game a lot. Actually more than i thought i would. Grinded to world rank 15 but now im stuck at expedition rank 11. I tryed it a few times in groups, i just cant beat rank 11...... i even crossplayed

The intro was so slow and mundane that by the time the actual game started I was already pissed off and had pretty much stopped caring about any of the characters, including my own. I pushed through until the first boss where I died a couple of times, no big deal, apart from losing world XP each time. Fuck that, I refuse to play any game that takes XP away when you die. Uninstalled.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really liked this game at first, and the story had massive promise.

Unfortunately, it got way too stale way too soon and become a massive slog. Was a massive chore to finish - which I did at max level and with all unique gear after finishing all the side quests. Dumb shooting fun was to be had occasionally, but this this turned into a game where I simply had to turn my brain off to enjoy it. The end of the story was disappointing which made the whole thing feel kinda pointless.

Plantoid

Game was a fun one-and-done experience for me, played as pyromancer and it was a lot of fun, tried other classes and it just didn't click for me

dlbeast

doing expeditions, but this is where it kind of bogs for me. I loved playing it. Now it just has ran its course, as expeditions just doesn't do it for me. the journey was fun as hell though.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I picked Outriders back up once they fixed the bugs and am really enjoying my pyromancer.

MikeM

Well I haven't finished the game but so far it's keeping my attention. I'm a big sucker for sci-fi stuff, traveling to other planets and exploring alien worlds. Plus I'm intrigued by what causes the anomaly and how altered beings come to be. I just finished the mountain part and I'm heading to the forest. But yeah I'm enjoying the story.

The game is keeping my attention too from a story perspective. Gameplay is repetitive though which is too bad.

This is on sale for PS right now. Is there a healthy user base still?

Not sure. I only play single player.

Stumbled across this game due to seeing news about a recent update. I forgot this game existed. Tried the demo and was immediately intrigued. Bought the game the next day.

It’s been about a week and I haven’t played anything but this. I believe I am almost finished with the campaign. I’ve been leaving the world level at maximum (currently 11), so I suspect that slows down progress. Even setting the WL down just 2 levels makes most enemies die in one shotgun blast.

This is my only real gripe with the game. The difficultly strictly comes from insane HP level. This ruins much of the Trickster fun, as I rely on kills to generate shield. Virtually every battle has me running out of ammo. I’ve had to adjust my build to maximize my own capability to generate and keep shield as well as conserve ammo.

The multiplayer has worked well for me. I always have random people joining my games and the game is much more fun when you have teammates.

Bought the retail PS5 game at half price and it is well worth it. It feels similar to Destiny, and I’ve always wanted to relive that experience. This game clearly does not have legs, and I don’t expect to play much after completing the campaign. That’s fine. Not every game needs to be a live service.

Last edited:

Guileless

I think I'm at the last boss and have died 20+ times. I have a psychological block against lowering the world tier to just get through it though.

Very fun game and kept me hooked, but the cut scenes get progressively worse to the point that my special lady saw one and gave me a look like "WTF are you doing?"

I think I'm at the last boss and have died 20+ times. I have a psychological block against lowering the world tier to just get through it though.

Just lower it. I went the entire game at max WL, ending at 12. The final battle was just an endurance round. No challenge, just holding the fire button, rolling around, and running to the ammo dump over and over. You don’t even get any loot from what I can tell. I got bored of the fight and lowered it to WL3 (“normal”).

I did expeditions for a day, but it’s ridiculous. After a dozen, I received one legendary that I won’t even use. Maybe it would be fun with a tight crew that worked together, but with random players, it’s just tedious.

That said, I had a fun night restarting the game as a different class!

Guileless

Ok, I went down to easy and beat last boss. I feel kind of bad. I enjoyed it overall but don't think I'm going to play through again w a new class.

cormack12

Gold Member
Anyone playing this? I parked it after all the matchmaking issues but went back to it last week. Me and a friend have levelled to level 30 and just have one more location to pick off before we can start the end game. The gameplay is still really solid, we didn't co ordinate and both went devastators so as we are hitting WT11 finding it difficult to have the damage just between two of us.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Anyone playing this? I parked it after all the matchmaking issues but went back to it last week. Me and a friend have levelled to level 30 and just have one more location to pick off before we can start the end game. The gameplay is still really solid, we didn't co ordinate and both went devastators so as we are hitting WT11 finding it difficult to have the damage just between two of us.
I can help. PSN: AteBitWolf

I think it's not a great idea to keep going up in world levels throughout the whole campaign. Unless you like bullet sponges, that's really better as a risk / reward modifier at the endgame.

MikeM

I think it's not a great idea to keep going up in world levels throughout the whole campaign. Unless you like bullet sponges, that's really better as a risk / reward modifier at the endgame.
Yep. I stopped at world level 7 I believe. Making the AI better is one thing, but making everyone but me a bullet sponge is terrible. Not what I call hard, just frustrating.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Yep. I stopped at world level 7 I believe. Making the AI better is one thing, but making everyone but me a bullet sponge is terrible. Not what I call hard, just frustrating.
Just set the world level down until you get better mods. Outriders is a looter-shooter and dependent on RNG to bless you. I've grinded a lot, so now I single shot most enemies at max level. The fun is in the grind - but I understand if it isn't everyones jam.

MikeM

Anyone preorder the expansion? If so, on which platform? Be cool to get a crew together.

Is there cross play?

Top Bottom