• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders, upcoming cross-gen title, gets some new screenshots of characters, possibly teasing new reveal soon

Square Enix and People Can Fly are releasing new screenshots of the upcoming cross-generation co-op RPG shooter Outriders.

Interestingly, the last Tweet of the sequence mentions “incoming signal detected,” which could be a tease of a new reveal coming soon.

(images from Outriders official twitter account: https://twitter.com/Outriders)

Outriders-2-1-scaled.jpg

Outriders-1-1-scaled.jpg

Outriders-3-1-scaled.jpg

Outriders-4-1-scaled.jpg

Outriders-5-scaled.jpg

If you’re unfamiliar with the game, you can read an official description below directly from Square Enix.

“Outriders is a 1-3 player co-op RPG shooter set in an original, dark and desperate sci-fi universe. As mankind bleeds out in the trenches of Enoch, you’ll create your own Outrider and embark on a journey across the hostile planet.

--------------

edit

Game is not GAAS, will not have microtransactions, complete experience out of the box

Last edited:
Outriders Monthly Broadcasts will start on May 28th

Game is still on track for Holiday 2020 cross-gen release

D.Final

Banned
Outriders Monthly Broadcasts will start on May 28th

Game is still on track for Holiday 2020 cross-gen release

I can't wait to see more of this.
One of my most anticipated game of the year

lots of new info in this article

Outriders_Broadcast1_Screenshot1.jpg

There are three skill trees that you can progress through as you level up: Harbinger, Assassin, and Master of Space. I asked whether these were firm subclasses or just signposts of sorts that guide players to what the skills in each path contain and they confirmed it was the latter.

At a glance, it appears to be very similar to Borderlands where you should be able to max out one tree while still having a few points mixed in other things if you want and you can respec if needed.

Trickster-1.jpg

The Trickster is the first class to get the spotlight in the Outriders Broadcast. Each month we can expect a different class to get fleshed out more.

The Trickster is the assassin, rogue-like class in Outriders. It’s extremely mobile and can warp through space and time around the map (using the ability Hunt the Prey) to sneak up on enemies and hit them extremely hard.

There are support-like elements as well to the Trickster too; it’s not just all offense.

Tbone3336

Gold Member
Looks interesting and I am very interested after seeing this. Seems like the result of Anthem, Destiny and The Division having a love child. I am thinking the important thing is how developed the world is and how much content is there to begin, the downfall of Anthem. I may be dense, but how does co-op work with different tier levels if they say lower tier enemies have less HP and do less damage. If I am level 6 and play with a level 3 co-op how does that work?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I wish this did something for me. Something about it just isn't clicking. Is there something that makes it stand out more than other games that are currently out that are very similar? Genuine question. Because what I've seen doesn't seem like something that hasn't been done before.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm all in 100% day one on Xbox Series X. Only decision I have to make is how I will buy the game - physical disc or digital. During the Q&A section of the Broadcast earlier, they said that it's NOT a games as a service which disappoints me if true. I want 10-15 hour story expansions every few months. If there's no season/expansion pass/post game content, then I will buy the game on physical disc but if there is, I'll go digital.

Old Retro

I'm getting confused between Darksiders, Outriders, maybe even Darkstalkers :messenger_confused: Looks like something I would totally play though!

Outriders features a character customisation system so flexible that you can create a build that rarely needs to fire a gun.

Talking to IGN, Outriders’ creative director, Bartosz Kmita, said “There are builds where you can even resign from shooting at all.”

Humdinger

This is the video that caught my attention. It was the mention of Mass Effect and plenty of emphasis on story and dialog. I wasn't aware the game had those elements -- in fact, I don't even remember hearing about the game before. I probably saw it when it was revealed, but I dismissed it as being generic. It's on my radar now.

Shubh_C63

I just saw the IGN first vid about this. and I am IN.
People can Fly can make some satisfying action gameplay like Bulletstorm. And now with the focus on story too I am so in.

Top Bottom