• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch 2 launches on October 4 (Early Acess | PvP going Free to Play

Braag

Do you have cross play enabled? That usually helps lower the wait quite a bit.

20+ minutes is surprising, longest I’ve waited was 7 minutes so far.
Didn't know there was cross play. Isn't that kind of a handicap for PC players?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I finally had a timeframe between 1 pm PST and 5 PM where I had absolutely no queues on Xbox. Still had some weird stuff from time to time when trying to join my friend where I had to reload into ow2 but for the most part games servers were running well. Encountered the achievement disconnect bug, but overall had a really good time teaching a friend how to play support. He loves the game now, just hates the servers.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR

Short just came out a few hours ago. As usual, these are absolutely amazing and this one is no exception. I want an overwatch movie someday.

i'm having more fun with this than i ever did with OW when it came out.

feels more balanced and easier to learn characters. some might see it as a negative but there seems to be less reliance on communicate/team work. i think if you did want a more competitive experience and to play with friends/communicate it's still possible and would take the game to a new level but overall the game feels more accessible to casual players. it's easier to jump in now and pick any character but you still need to spend time mastering each one but you can still have fun not trying too hard.

this is what i wanted when OW launched in 2016. i'm the kind of player who just wants to play some matches for fun. i don't mind some competitive stuff and improving my skill but i don't want to be forced into it.

Did I miss my chance to transfer my skins over on Xbox?
you need to merge your account. there should be a pop up or an option of the start screen to do it. your xbox should be connected to your blizzard account then once you're in game set it to merge and it'll be queued for merge. took about a day for mine to merge but should be faster now.

Banned
Did I miss my chance to transfer my skins over on Xbox?

you need to merge your account. there should be a pop up or an option of the start screen to do it. your xbox should be connected to your blizzard account then once you're in game set it to merge and it'll be queued for merge. took about a day for mine to merge but should be faster now.

good luck, me and many other people lost all their progress and skins... and Blizzard is currently "working on it" :)

Last edited:

RPS37

So what if I just created my battle.net account? I’m pretty sure I don’t have any progress saved from the first game at that point? :’(

So what if I just created my battle.net account? I’m pretty sure I don’t have any progress saved from the first game at that point? :’(
not sure i understand you right but i think what you need to do is go into OW2 on your Xbox and sign into your new Battle.Net account. Once your Battle.Net account gets your Xbox data then go onto PC and merge. You might be able to do the merge on Xbox. Your skins and everything else should be tied to the Battle.net account now so whatever platform you play on going forward you will have all the skins and stuff.

BJK

After spending most of the week cell phone’d out of playing the game…it was really nice to jump in yesterday (twice as good today, when I wasn’t locked into the “new player experience“ with the limited roster).

Still a support main, but trying to learn the new Orisa when I have to play tank.

RPS37

not sure i understand you right but i think what you need to do is go into OW2 on your Xbox and sign into your new Battle.Net account. Once your Battle.Net account gets your Xbox data then go onto PC and merge. You might be able to do the merge on Xbox. Your skins and everything else should be tied to the Battle.net account now so whatever platform you play on going forward you will have all the skins and stuff.
Sounds good. I’ll give it a shot. I was just worried batttle.net had no way of accessing my Xbox skins anymore since I never had an account.

Edit: looks like it’s working. 580k in queue lmao

Last edited:
Top Bottom