• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch 2 Players Are Getting Banned For Swearing, And They’re Not Thrilled

FUBARx89

Read the OP again hun.....

Its the TEXT chat.

I know it's text chat. But again, who really bothers using it now? Half the time it's busted and censors everything, or you get banned.

No point using it. Unless it's creative insults that won't get you banned.

bumpkin

There’s a reason I never look at or participate in the chat log, nor do I play with a mic. I would get reported for swearing on a daily basis. lol

“If you don’t have anything nice to say…”

Ribi

I've been reporting every mother fucker i see in the game for years, even if I personally don't think it's ban worthy. "Oh ye they don't ban for that!?!" Well that's not for me to decide now is it.

The amount of ban confirmations I get every time I log in, I love it.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Blizzard also warns/bans you from their forums if you mention DEI in a negative way. The company is pants on head retarded and has been for the better part of a decade now.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
It is no about gaming, it is about exercising control over social infrastructure to make unwilling participants either bend the knee or be unwelcome in their society.

Forums, websites, consoles, etc are trying to control any speech they deem objectionable or intolerable. It was saying things of a racist nature at first, then anything they deem harassment, now it will be words they see as problematic, then to push you towards their ideology or you’re not allowed to participate.

It is a way to construct society in their image and social engineer in a way as to keep the power they possess.

It will keep getting slowly worse as they infuse these rules as to make it seem as a natural progression.

Last edited:

JimboJones

ViAjVLL.jpeg
Type of dude who uses frick instead fuck.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I once knew a kid named Cassidy who stubbed his toe and said "shit!"

Please rename Cassidy again so I can feel safe playing OW.

Swearing is part of the human language, and while sure there's a time and place for it...competitive gaming is absolutely a place it should be fine since people get frustrated. Asking them to not even swear, is like bottling up rage.

I really miss the internet from 20-25 years ago....Sure it was the wild west, but that's what was so great about it. If anything, I still think people were a lot friendly back then. Met a lot of nice people in my days of Final Fantasy XI.
Agreed. Everything is fucking bollocks now. Too sensitive. Too pathetic. It's just absolutely horrendous. Toughen up dick heads.

Honestly though I used to love overwatch, had hundreds of hours on it, but nowadays with the state of the game I'd rather it just crashed and burned all together.

It is no about gaming, it is about exercising control over social infrastructure to make unwilling participants either bend the knee or be unwelcome in their society.

Forums, websites, consoles, etc are trying to control any speech they deem objectionable or intolerable. It was saying things of a racist nature at first, then anything they deem harassment, now it will be words they see as problematic, then to push you towards their ideology or you’re not allowed to participate.

It is a way to construct society in their image and social engineer in a way as to keep the power they possess.

It will keep getting slowly worse as they infuse these rules as to make it seem as a natural progression.
Resetera in a nutshell.

Roxkis_ii

Not being able to call your random teammates dumb fucks is the beginning of the down fall of society! ?

Dude, I think it time to grow up. It's so many more important things going on in the world to worry about then weather or not a company will allow you to hurl insults at strangers.

The Xbox live lobbies where a relic of their time and It's time to move on. Or just play with your own friends like most people who want to be edggy.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Every time I heard "frack" instead of "fuck" in the Battlestar Galactica reboot I wanted to slap the shit out of the character lol.

I literally had to stop watching the shoe because of that. It was so damn annoying and it was the only thing I could pay attention to.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Not being able to call your random teammates dumb fucks is the beginning of the down fall of society! ?

Dude, I think it time to grow up. It's so many more important things going on in the world to worry about then weather or not a company will allow you to hurl insults at strangers.

The Xbox live lobbies where a relic of their time and It's time to move on. Or just play with your own friends like most people who want to be edggy.
Being able to express yourself in any manner and for those who do not like it, ignore it, is the only way free speech works. Having instilled morals is what keeps most of us from just saying ignorant things.

I do not play online and never have but my kids have through their childhoods and now adulthood. There was nothing wrong with online back then, or since the beginning of the internet.

Yes, one important thing in this world is for folks to speak out about being censored for using words. No call to violence, no threatening, just words.

You see it differently and that is just fine. Some folks are just different.

Top Bottom