• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch 2 players on Xbox are getting disconnected for earning achievements and getting banned

Draugoth

Gold Member

Heads up if you are on Xbox:

uyoDrE7wGfTz3V5dUztdqS-1200-80.jpg.webp

Xbox players are being disconnected and even sometimes banned from Overwatch 2(opens in new tab) for earning achievements.

That's according to players flocking to the shooter's subreddit(opens in new tab), who are saying that not only are they losing progress each time it happens, but they're also being erroneously marked as quitters, too, and even getting temporary bans.

"I'm seriously getting tired of waiting 30 minutes to log in, playing three matches, then getting another random Xbox achievement and the game telling me I'm already logged in before sending me back to the login screen," explained(opens in new tab) one player.

"I've been enjoying the game, but the fact I'm spending more time doing other stuff waiting to get in [than] actually playing, and then getting kicked out because of a bug is becoming incredibly annoying."

MastAndo

Gold Member
Can confirm, happened to me a handful of times. Turning off notifications didn't seem to help.

I'm only doing quick play/unranked at the moment, so I'm guessing that's why I haven't had a ban or anything yet.

Bridges

Yup, been seeing this happen a lot. Luckily I already have most of the easy achievements from playing OW1 back in the day, but one of the guys in my crew never played the original so he's been getting booted every other match from this.

It's extremely frustrating given how long it takes to get into a match in the first place.

I'm pretty sure this is a server side issue as it boots you back to the log in screen and gives a "you left the game" message or something like that. The game doesn't actually crash on the Xbox.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
did this tons on Saturday for me. I forgot that I played on PS4 and wondered why I was getting achievements on Xbox for shit I did years ago. I must have gotten booted like 6 or 7 times. Thank god I don’t play ranked anymore.

My friend and I turned it into a joke about which one of us would be kicked for an achievement each game.

Edit : now im getting the Hero lock bug as for some reason the servers think im a new player again. Can’t pick half the characters right now. Oh blizzard….

Last edited:

tvdaXD

No refunds, bans. Looks an awesome bug fest.
Oh it is, if you're running NVIDIA's broadcast for AI noise removal on your microphone, Overwatch causes it to hang eventually causing a BSOD, there's multiple users reporting this issue on the Blizzard forums.

It is NOT an Xbox developed title as ABK has not been acquired by MS yet.

The irony of not knowing this and posting the above meme is fucking astounding.

So if the deal had gone through last month, you would have considered it a MS developed title?

Last edited:

geary

Happened to me twice. Didn't get a ban though.
I did report it on the bug tracker forum.
Normal gamer behavior. Not running on reddit or twitter to make it like it's end of the world. And these sites are living for these types of outrages. It ridiculous...same as this thread.

Three

Been playing a lot on PS5,never had any issues. Big fuck up if they messed it up for their owners own console.
😄 They don't even own them yet. I wonder if there is some malicious stuff going on, what with the DDoS attacks and now this.

So if the deal had gone through last month, you would have considered it a MS developed title?
I wouldn't.
For me to consider this an MS developed title, it would have to be after the acquisition and at least early on the dev of the game.
Most games take multiple years to develop. MS would have next to nothing to do with the game IF they had finished the acquisition only a month or even 6 months before it releases.

Top Bottom