• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch 2 | Roadmap Confirmed, New Trailer & Cosmetics Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member
FVY76Z-XoAEy0yx

New Cosmetics (Weapon Charms, Mythic Level Skins)

FVY75m1VsAE6vkQ

FVY9YGCVUAAOfhF

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Overwatchs PvE at this point is pretty much Starfield levels of releasing. Just cancel that shit and focus on PvP, more modes, more maps, betterr ranked-match making which they never seem to bother fixing.

MiguelItUp

Going F2P is the best call they could've made for this. That being said, I just don't think I care about this enough anymore. When OW first launched I was interested because I grew up loving Team Fortress, and adored TF2. This was basically the next closest thing. I played it for a few weeks after launch thinking it filled that void, and it didn't. I just got burnt out after sometime, and never went back. Even after the heroes they added, etc. Nothing felt enticing enough to make me go back.

I'd like a OW PvE mode, so I guess different strokes for different folks. Also, they pretty much said you'd get a new hero, map or mode every 9 weeks. So that is a roadmap in addition to the graphic in the OP.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...tailed-more-info-on-this-months-ps4-ps5-beta/

Overwatch 2 Beta​

Can’t wait until October? Starting June 28, immerse yourself in the Overwatch 2 Beta.

Power up your railgun and disrupt the battlefield as Sojourn, or wield your axe and solidify your reign as Junker Queen. Battle to propel your robot into the enemy base in the new Push Mode. Make global destinations like New York, Rome, Monte Carlo, and Rio your battlefield with new maps.

The Overwatch 2 Beta is available on PS4 and PS5, allowing players to experience all of the above plus the fully reimagined 5v5 gameplay.

Head on over to playoverwatch.com/beta to opt-in!

Each account can only opt-in once; choose your preferred platform to request access. PlayStation players can find more information here about selecting your region to opt-in.

The_hunter

Some information from the video.
  • No more lootboxes, replaced with battle passes.
  • Next heroes in development are 2 supports, 1 tank.

wipeout364

I’ll go back and give it a try but if they keep nerfing tanks and support then complain nobody plays them I’m out. The Overwatch team is one of the worst for nerfing things which is especially strange given they can’t get anyone to play tank or support. That was my main reason for quitting

Mossybrew

No more lootboxes huh? Well, I will probably check this out, just for old time's sake at least. Had a lot of fun with Overwatch the first year or two of the game, but then drifted away after that.

CuNi

How can it be that they literally take everything that made Overwatch great and just... throw it away? I don't know how but Blizzard is the only company I know that at one point just decided that it wants to self destruct all its franchises at once!?

No Lootboxes? Not even from playing!?
Seasonpass!?
2 Month Seasons!?

Honestly asking myself if they even WANT people to play this game or nah?

I think you all hating it coz of all that harassment allegations against the studio?

Game is looking good. Please don't cancel them guys

l2ounD

Man, I really loved the first one. Just everything Ive seen of 2 is not compelling to come back to. Even the pro matches are not as fun to watch anymore.

Nydius

How can it be that they literally take everything that made Overwatch great and just... throw it away? I don't know how but Blizzard is the only company I know that at one point just decided that it wants to self destruct all its franchises at once!?

Jeff Kaplan is probably sitting somewhere thinking, "I'm glad I got the hell out of there."

Top Bottom