• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT11| Have Mercy

IISANDERII

Winning isn’t my top priority. I prefer to play with friends and we have the most fun when matches are close. And the last few sessions have been really fun even though we broke even between wins and losses.

I think I’d go crazy if I had to rely on randoms to gain SR.

Honestly fuck whoever at blizzard made it so that mercy is absolutely necessary in a game. It’s so dumb.

she keeps the fun and anger alive!

J9Dc09F.png

IISANDERII

I think Zenyattas original skeleton Halloween costume is underrated. I dont think I've ever seen someone use it in a game.
I use that skin! I wasn’t around last Halloween 🎃 so I thought it was new. My group commented on it and they liked it. It is underrated and I will also use it during Xmas

I use that skin! I wasn’t around last Halloween 🎃 so I thought it was new. My group commented on it and they liked it. It is underrated and I will also use it during Xmas

I have over 400 hours in this game and have never used Zenyatta before. This skeleton costume has motivated me to change that. I got both his Squid Face and Tripitaka event skins too.

i feel bad for people so incredibly dumb they are still bad at this game after several hundred hours of play
*Raises hand*
Yep. That's me.
Mercy main. Hundreds of hours across all modes. All I have managed to reach is Platinum rank twice and only this season. Currently gold.
I see people everywhere saying how it's insultingly easy to climb up as mercy, yet I struggle every other game and cannot seem to break through whatever ceiling I'm hitting.

Guys... I did the bad thing yesterday.

I...

I hooked a DVa... That was self destructing... and pulled it behind our Rein's Shield... During a Comp game...

I'm so ashamed.

Thankfully my team laughed about it, except for one guy. I was super apologetic about it, too. Felt like such an ass.

I...

I hooked a DVa... That was self destructing... and pulled it behind our Rein's Shield... During a Comp game...

I'm so ashamed.

Thankfully my team laughed about it, except for one guy. I was super apologetic about it, too. Felt like such an ass.
i saw some guy hook a destruction in progress towards him while his team who was basically behind trying to get to cover. LOL.

Conversely, once I saw a gif of a dude hooking up an ulting dva mid-flight on Eichenwalde, to safely deposit the mech atop the walkway before the castle bridge, saving his team. That was a badass hog.

ShogunX

Still feel Genji is a trashy character. The fact that every play of the game with him is an exact carbon copy of every one previous kind of says it all.

Think I broke the game, usually end of the season is the shittiest time for matches, but I have gone up like 250+ SR in the past 2 days. In the 3800s now

Kysen

*Raises hand*
Yep. That's me.
Mercy main. Hundreds of hours across all modes. All I have managed to reach is Platinum rank twice and only this season. Currently gold.
I see people everywhere saying how it's insultingly easy to climb up as mercy, yet I struggle every other game and cannot seem to break through whatever ceiling I'm hitting.
Either poor decision making in the heat of things or just low player stats are most likely the cause. You need to be getting rezzes off and have good defensive AND offensive assists to climb as mercy.

randome

Just wanna give a shoutout to the pieces of shit that choose mercy and then right before the game starts switch to zen/Ana/lucio and spam thanks. Fuckers.

Just wanna give a shoutout to the pieces of shit that choose mercy and then right before the game starts switch to zen/Ana/lucio and spam thanks. Fuckers.

My favorites are the ones that have a fuckload of hours as Mercy, then insta-lock an Offense or Defense character then proceed to do terribly as our team desperately needs a healer. So many matches where we have like one or two Mercy mains refusing to heal and we end up losing.

Personally I stopped flexing to healer outside of when I queue with friends. I just don't have the patience or mentality for dealing with idiots anymore, my Tanks are my main and Offense/Defense are my flex. I feel if I can climb this hard this season as D.va/Rein/Winston I deserve to play the role I can carry best as.

leng jai

I've legit played Mercy 80% of the time the last 2 weeks despite instalocking Soldier in every game. It's the same shit every time, there's 4 DPS bots (I usually pick first since I'm on SSD) and I end up flexing to Mercy or Zen (if there's already a Mercy).

Finished on Diamond.

Got everything from the Halloween event.

No lootboxes bought.

Have 10k credits to spare.

Feels good fam. Bring on the next comp season and next event. Mwah.

Finished on Diamond.

Got everything from the Halloween event.

No lootboxes bought.

Have 10k credits to spare.

Feels good fam. Bring on the next comp season and next event. Mwah.

You got all the Halloween stuff from earning lootboxes? You must play a lot, or are just really lucky. I would have opened tens of boxes during this event and Im still missing a heap of stuff.
When the Xmas event starts, I hope Widow gets some cool stuff this time. Her mistletoe intro from last year wasnt so impressive for me.

I...

I'm so ashamed.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Linkx NZ/video/34158684

This vid still makes me laugh, just how my MEKA gets sucked into the doorway - thanks Roadhog! XD

You got all the Halloween stuff from earning lootboxes? You must play a lot, or are just really lucky. I would have opened tens of boxes during this event and Im still missing a heap of stuff.
When the Xmas event starts, I hope Widow gets some cool stuff this time. Her mistletoe intro from last year wasnt so impressive for me.

So you must have played 24/7 since the event started.

I do play alot but I also work and go to school xD

randome

I’m not having much fun with overwatch anymore and it kinda makes me sad. I know it is partly to do with playing too much, that’s for sure. I’m gonna try to earn a few more loot boxes before the event is done and buy whatever I don’t have and then just probably play it less. I dunno.

Jacqli

I’m not having much fun with overwatch anymore and it kinda makes me sad. I know it is partly to do with playing too much, that’s for sure. I’m gonna try to earn a few more loot boxes before the event is done and buy whatever I don’t have and then just probably play it less. I dunno.
I am in the same boat. The game simply became a chore instead. I have +400 hours, but I do not even want to install the game ever again.

I think I am mainly tired of so many stupid buffs and nerfs and the fact that quick play can be summed up in using the weirdest team compositions basically. I do not care about skins either, so there is little for me to go back.

since the whole event i have had NONE of the RIP gravestone victory poses..

i feel like its a glitch with so many of them and only being a blue drop.

maomaoIYP

since the whole event i have had NONE of the RIP gravestone victory poses..

i feel like its a glitch with so many of them and only being a blue drop.
The announced at the start of the event that because the tombstones are not in line with the characters’ personalitites they removed them from dropping completely.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
So I haven’t been in this thread for a long time but is the general consensus that mercy should be banned from eliminated mode? She is seriously ruining it for me every fucking game.

Who the fuck though putting a character that can erase a hard earned eliminated in a flash would be a good idea?

The gravestone win poses do drop, but they are rare.
I know this because this is the first Halloween event Ive played, I have one or two gravestones but I didnt buy them, because I think they are bland as hell.

EDIT: Bastions is ok, because his flickering face light is a cute play on the not alive, not dead theme.

I only just discovered that you can one-shot some bosses in Junkensteins revenge, with McCrees High Noon.
I've one-shotted Reaper and Junkrat. I cant seem to get the red skull icon on Symmetra or Roadhog and I havent had the opportunity to really try on Mercy either.

Where did you find that? Is it official? Thanks!

On PS4 (the console, not in the game) there is an events tab, when games do special events they are displayed there, it full of Halloween events right now.

The start and end date/time is displayed, I assume it reflects time for your own region.

Top Bottom