• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Owners left with worthless NFTs after F1 Delta Time racing game shuts down

GHG

I'm just waiting for all the people who said NFT's are the future and that we just don't understand to come and sooth us with their kind words.

The best bit about all of this is the fact that someone created NFT tulips and people actually bought them. It's all too funny.

jaysius

Banned
NFTs are worthless the second someone buys them the first time, the only people making money from NFTs are the original sellers.

Zeroing

Banned
wat if our souls are actually nfts?
Sponge Bob Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

McCheese

Most of them are cheaper than GT7 DLC vehicles, just saying.

Plus they were always useless, it was an NFT for an online gatcha game. People who paid thousands for the very limited rare ones are idiots or greedy fuckers hoping to flip for a profit. Nobody decent has been screwed over by this.

Last edited by a moderator:

kyussman

I mean,if you are stupid enough to "invest" in this sort of stuff......I really don't have much sympathy for you tbh.

Most of them are cheaper than GT7 DLC vehicles, just saying.

Plus they were always useless, it was an NFT for an online gatcha game. People who paid thousands for the very limited rare ones are idiots or greedy fuckers hoping to flip for a profit. Nobody decent has been screwed over by this.
There are yet no DLC for GT7 , so, I don't know what you are talking about ...or, better, YOU don't know what you are talking about

OldBoyGamer

Banned
I don’t have a huge understanding of nft’s or crypto currency or even trading in general. But if I’ve read the room right, this is basically par for the course of how trading works. Everyone who trades regularly are constantly chasing the next big thing.

Word on the street is crypto currency X is going to blow up. A percentage of that pool of traders will buy crypto currency X straight away because it’s all about getting in there first!

Because the earlier you get in, the lower the buying price and the higher the potential selling price - because ultimately that’s what is about. How quickly can I get our for whilst making the biggest profit

This constant chasing leads to that pool being open to scams and it allows scammers to make a lot of money off them.

I really hope nft’s die a death now. Trading has no place in games for me apart from company stocks I mean.

Top Bottom