• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pain inside ribs and skin getting red...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinNL

Well, I don't wanna be that guy, but eh, should I worry about this pain I'm having in my chest for a week? It's the kind of pain like as if I had a random fork in my body and sometimes it hurts randomly with the wrong movement. When I wake up in the morning I feel like I've been beaten up. I have a hard time pin-pointing where exactly the pain is, one moment I think it's my back, then underneath my ribs, then just in my abdomen.

Now what prompted me into alarm mode is that I noticed red, irritated skin on my left side. I thought it must've been coincidence, but now I see like the same irritated skin on 2 more spots, together all 3 seems to kind of highlight the bottom of my left lung.

It's 4 AM here so I can't really do much and tomorrow I have to go to a friend to celebrate his birthday, but yeah... I guess I should go to the hospital on Sunday, right?

Mike M

Nick N
In before "eat pizza."

Yes, definitely see a doctor. Actually making an appointment is probably cheaper than visiting the ER if that's what you're thinking by saying that you're going to go to the hospital.

ToxicAdam

Skip your friends party and go to a walk-in clinic instead.

Don't waste your whole Sunday waiting in a hospital. They will move you to the back of the line.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
chestburster.gif.cropdas8f.gif

Hahaha they had the Hot Kinky Joe gif when I searched for this.

ShinNL

I haven't seen a doctor in years. It seems like I can't even visit a hospital even I don't visit general practitioner first, which I currently don't have assigned. Ugh.

phaonaut

Want to add one more thing.

I went to the hospital about a month ago for chest pains, they moved me right to the front of the line. I saw a doctor within 5 mins. Chest pain is a priority case, so don't wait just get up early in the morning and go.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I haven't seen a doctor in years. It seems like I can't even visit a hospital even I don't visit general practitioner first, which I currently don't have assigned. Ugh.

You can call a doctor's office for an appointment, do it asap since the wait time can be pretty long, do you have insurance?

mltplkxr

Sounds like something that happens to me from time to time (very rarely). It goes away after a day or two though. A good rule of thumb with health issues is : if it's lasted for a week or more, go see a doctor.
So, go see a doctor.

Sent

Sounds like something that happens to me from time to time (very rarely). It goes away after a day or two though. A good rule of thumb with health issues is : if it's lasted for a week or more, go see a doctor.
So, go see a doctor.

That's your rule of thumb? Sounds like a good way to die.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
1, Stop posting on the internet.
2, Go see doctor ASAP.

MikeDown

Banned
My best guess would be some sort of clot, but I'm no doctor and its been years since my certification expired, however I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

slit

Uhhh you've had this for over a week. You need do something now. The ER does not close and it sounds like it's getting worse.

ShinNL

I'm kinda screwed, I just logged into my insurance website and I never signed out from the old GP. I need to change it to my current city, but these practices only open on Monday. Hope it doesn't worsen by then.

mltplkxr

That's your rule of thumb? Sounds like a good way to die.

Hmm... Now that I think about it, I think it's a rule of thumb for the flu or a cold. I kind of applied it to everything else because I usually don't go to the doctor unless it's something really serious. Something like I-can't-walk-anymore serious.

slit

I'm kinda screwed, I just logged into my insurance website and I never signed out from the old GP. I need to change it to my current city, but these practices only open on Monday. Hope it doesn't worsen by then.

What? You can't just go to the ER with your insurance?

Zoe

Where the fuck are you where you can't go to the ER without a GP?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The people saying Shingles:

I've hhad Shingles before, and the paain isn't associated with any movement, at least, it wasn't when I had it (Shingles is the chickenpox virus. The virus lies dormant in your nervous system and then reawakens randomly years after you have chickenpox.).

I don't think it's shingles, especially since the pain is moving around.

OP, go to the ER

Hisher

Neo Member

Quit fucking around and walk into your nearest hospital. Worry about the insurance after the fact.

slit

The people saying Shingles:

I've hhad Shingles before, and the paain isn't associated with any movement, at least, it wasn't when I had it (Shingles is the chickenpox virus. The virus lies dormant in your nervous system and then reawakens randomly years after you have chickenpox.).

I don't think it's shingles, especially since the pain is moving around.

OP, go to the ER

I have a suspicion of what it is but I'm not going to play internet doctor.

ShinNL

But I've had it this pain for a week. I really want it checked out, but I'm not sure if it's ER worthy. I'm kinda short on cash and I don't really want to pay the deductible of max €350.

PS. I know I sound like a damn annoying person at the moment. It's weird to be on this side of this kind of thread.

But I've had it this pain for a week. I really want it checked out, but I'm not sure if it's ER worthy. I'm kinda short on cash and I don't really want to pay the deductible of max €350.

PS. I know I sound like a damn annoying person at the moment. It's weird to be on this side of this kind of thread.

You do not fuck about with chest problems like this.

Priorities people, priorities.

Zoe

This goes against everything I've ever heard about the NHS.

Hisher

Neo Member

You aren't the first person to use that excuse and you certainly won't be the last but this pain is not normal for you and it is my recommendation you get it checked immediately.

Nether!

Earlier this summer I had a terrible shooting pain in the side and upper chest. It felt like I was being stabbed with a knife and got to the point that I couldn't walk normally or go down stairs without pain.
I was pretty concerned.
It turned out to be costochondritis, an inflammation of my connective tissue.
There wasn't anything the doctor said I could really do except deal with it until the pain went away.

Play some video games first - whatever you do don't play Lost Planet 3 - and then maybe hit up a hospital after getting some ice cream or something. What's the worst that could happen, right?

railGUN

Banned
Classic demonic possession. You don't need a doctor, you need a god damn priest!

But seriously, go to the hospital.

ShinNL

Earlier this summer I had a terrible shooting pain in the side and upper chest. It felt like I was being stabbed with a knife and got to the point that I couldn't walk normally or go down stairs without pain.
I was pretty concerned.
It turned out to be costochondritis, an inflammation of my connective tissue.
There wasn't anything the doctor said I could really do except deal with it until the pain went away.
I hope it's that, I played paintball 2 weeks ago and did get shot on my left side (though not 100% the same spot).

Schlookum

Neo Member
Does it hurt to breath deep? It could possibly be pleurisy. Either way get to the doctor, find out if there is a more serious underlying cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom