• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pain inside ribs and skin getting red...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it..seems I just got this crap. What's the best way to deal with this? Got oxy, for the pain..ain't working. How long are you out of commission? Is exercise something I need to avoid? Any help would be great..geezuz..feels like someone is stabbing a large kitchen knife in my right side.

Valtrex. I went to emergency and got it for cheap as I said earlier in this thread, because it's expensive.

ShinNL

Damn it..seems I just got this crap. What's the best way to deal with this? Got oxy, for the pain..ain't working. How long are you out of commission? Is exercise something I need to avoid? Any help would be great..geezuz..feels like someone is stabbing a large kitchen knife in my right side.
If you already start seeing red spots on your body you're kinda screwed, as in you just have to deal with it for about 2 weeks (depending on your age, elderly have a hard time getting rid of it that fast). I believe if you somehow know about it early enough (kinda hard without the visuals) there might be something for it.

The painkillers I got from the doctor didn't work for me either, so I combined it with paracetamol (I had a roommate who asked her dad for me if it could be combined) so I didn't have to deal with the pain nearly as much.

As far as I know there's not much you can do about it. Common sense tells me that intensive exercise wouldn't be such a good idea since then you weaken your body and then it has to do 2 jobs (repair muscle and battle virus).

Valtrex. I went to emergency and got it for cheap as I said earlier in this thread, because it's expensive.
Doctor prescribed Valacyclovir, which I think is the same thing?

If you already start seeing red spots on your body you're kinda screwed, as in you just have to deal with it for about 2 weeks (depending on your age, elderly have a hard time getting rid of it that fast). I believe if you somehow know about it early enough (kinda hard without the visuals) there might be something for it.

The painkillers I got from the doctor didn't work for me either, so I combined it with paracetamol (I had a roommate who asked her dad for me if it could be combined) so I didn't have to deal with the pain nearly as much.

As far as I know there's not much you can do about it. Common sense tells me that intensive exercise wouldn't be such a good idea since then you weaken your body and then it has to do 2 jobs (repair muscle and battle virus).
Man..this is crap. Thanks for the info. You guys know of any safe ointments that can be applied to stop the itching? Honestly, I feel the internal pain tons more..it's killing me. Worst part is I was told to stay clear of my wife (MS) which just adds more stress to the situation.

2 weeks..fuck me.

Wilsongt

Man..this is crap. Thanks for the info. You guys know of any safe ointments that can be applied to stop the itching? Honestly, I feel the internal pain tons more..it's killing me. Worst part is I was told to stay clear of my wife (MS) which just adds more stress to the situation.

2 weeks..fuck me.

It's anti-viral medicine so yeah, same thing. It won't stop the outbreak if it is already there, it'll just lessen the duration. You're still in for pain, though.

It's anti-viral medicine so yeah, same thing. It won't stop the outbreak if it is already there, it'll just lessen the duration. You're still in for pain, though.
Yeah, it's there. Was one little spot I noticed Monday morning in the shower..today, I'm a Jackson Pollock on my right side.

ShinNL

2 weeks..fuck me.
I don't recall any itching... strange.

Doctor said it's different for everyone. I've got redness plus like tiny boils (?) When they pop, the fabric from my shirt = unholy itching. I haven't been this miserable in a while..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom