• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 16, 2016

R&c 2016 is Not a platformer tho

Seriously do any of you ps4 peeps even know what a platformer is let alone played one >_>;;;

Surely it's a platformer with shooting, much like every other game in the series? The boundaries between different genres have become a lot less defined in the last 10-15 years, and this is a perfect example.

MJBarret

Neo Member
Contra and turrican are run and gun games
So is metal slug

Damn! I always remembered them for the frustrating jumpy bits and measured them as such. Same with Ghouls and Ghosts. I think I broke a few keys on my C64 because of Turrican.

Wiped89

It is a good price point. I hope we see more games like this at the £30 mark.

I saw a bit cardboard display for it in Tesco selling them for £28 each and I almost grabbed it myself.

But my game purchase this month is Uncharted 4. Next month, I'll come back for Ratchet for sure.

foxbeldin

What were Sunset Overdrive sales, anyone has the numbers?

~28k iirc (can't find a source, so probably not that)

edit : also, after a quick search on gaf

QB ~28K
Alan Wake ~36K
The Order 1886 ~40K

edit 2 : can't find a source for the SO number so i might have mixed up with QB's number.

Javin98

Banned
Damn, Ratchet and Clank did well, better than many of us were expecting, I bet. It even outsold Quantum Break. Now let's see if the same is true in the US. I'm more confident with that prediction now. ;)

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Ok, i'll eat my crow with ReC.

I knew it was gonna sell well, but NOT THAT GOOD. :p

Wonder what NPD gonna be... >250K ? Maybe 300K?

Anyway happy is doing good, we need more games like this.

Paganmoon

Bloodborne did similar a number fyi. No need for salt.
What salt?
Do we know how The Order sales ended up? It seemed to stay around for a few weeks in Europeon charts. I enjoyed the world, graphics and OST, I would be up for a sequel.

Last number we had was around 400k in 20 European markets, about the same as Bloodborne had. This was first half of 2015, numbers were released during summer. Bloodborne has since been confirmed by Sony (iirc) at over 2 million WW sometime around fall of last year, question is if The Order followed suit, or if US numbers (which iirc were much lower for The Order) skewed it for WW numbers.

That would actually be tremendous fun, but I'm 4 hours from Runcorn (Kent). Typically I was just visiting a friend up in Manchester a few weeks ago!

I am in the North of Scotland, not sure I could say to the wife I am off to Runcorn to watch an animated movie with a bunch of strange men. She would probably think Ratchet & Clank is code for gay sex.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
THE ORDER 2

SONY NOW

This game, which is better than MGSV and Quantum Break, is a multi-thousand seller and we need to see how the story is resolved!

The Ratchet game made me want to see the Ratchet movie! Every ten minutes I just keep saying HOW AM I NOT IN THIS MOVIE in a Nic Cage voice.

Paganmoon

Sort of gone missing with the discussion focusing on R&C, Dark Souls III had the biggest drop of all the DS games. Still beating week 2 totals of the others though (going by Bruno's compilation in Week15 thread).

Not much to read into it maybe.
THE ORDER 2

SONY NOW

This game, which is better than MGSV and Quantum Break, is a multi-thousand seller and we need to see how the story is resolved!

The Ratchet game made me want to see the Ratchet movie! Every ten minutes I just keep saying HOW AM I NOT IN THIS MOVIE in a Nic Cage voice.

You jest, but you are right.

Endo Punk

Really happy for Insomniac. I hope this renews interest within Sony to create a new platforming IP but with effort and time unlike Knack.

Isn't it already over 1.5 million worldwide? Thought I've seen some numbers on Neogaf a few months ago.

Sony didn't comment on its sales performance at all, that should tell you everything.

Raylan

Banned
Sony didn't comment on its sales performance at all, that should telk you everything.
Didn't we have an EU Sales thread (if I remember correctly, it was Bruno's thread) where it says that in 2015 The Order 1886 was over 800K in EU alone ?

Paganmoon

Really happy for Insomniac. I hope this renews interest within Sony to create a new platforming IP but with effort and time unlike Knack.

Sony didn't comment on its sales performance at all, that should telk you everything.

It could (and should) be over 1.5 million, and Sony could still choose not comment on it, if it underperformed against their internal expectations, or if due the bad press the game got, they'd just rather not mention it.

They did namedrop it at Paris Games Week last year though, to lots of cheers from EU-gamespress/fans, so they do know it was well received in EU.

And the 1.5 million referenced by Raylan could be from a post where I guessed/extrapolated and did "magic with numbers" same as my post above, that since it was "in line" with Bloodborne in EU up until summertime, about 6 months after launch, it should/could've kept steps, and could arguably be at over 1.5 million WW if Bloodborne managed over 2.

Disclaimer being it was total speculation, and I really liked The Order: 1886, so I'd like to see it succeed in anyway possible :)

(Another disclaimer, I seem to like commercial failure games... Loved Heavenly Sword, Loved PoP2008, Loved Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, really liked The Order: 1886)

Didn't we have an EU Sales thread (if I remember correctly, it was Bruno's thread) where it says that in 2015 The Order 1886 was over 800K in EU alone ?

Nah it was not it was 360k or something.

360k was up until June, for 20 EU markets. We never got real numbers for end of year, only speculation and extrapolation.

I am in the North of Scotland, not sure I could say to the wife I am off to Runcorn to watch an animated movie with a bunch of strange men. She would probably think Ratchet & Clank is code for gay sex.

Lol. "I'm just going to watch a kid's film based on a video game in a dark room with a group of men I've never met. Also, do you know where my Darth Vader boxer shorts are?"

tbf most games in the series are slang for sex

up your arsenal
quest for booty
Full Frontal Assault

Shocked that R&C is doing well. I'm so used to everything Insomniac doing performing horribly and doing worse than their last release.

They deserve some happiness.

What was Sunset Overdrive's first week as a comparison?

Top Bottom