• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 16, 2016

Ryng_tolu

Banned
A bit OT, but damn, finally PAL charts starting to get always 3/4 page in the first day. :p

Guess that's what's happen when the charts are interesting lol.

Hasney

A bit OT, but damn, finally PAL charts starting to get always 3/4 page in the first day. :p

Guess that's what's happen when the charts are interesting lol.

Well, uh, next week won't be that interesting unfortunately. Kronos, Farming Sim 2017, Stranger of Sword City, Tales From the Borderlands(Game Exclusive) and Yo-Kai Watch.

R&C seems a quality game and the word of mouth is very positive.
Wasn't sure it'd do so hot but seems those factors and the awesome price have made this sell great.

Dark Souls drop is quite heavy at 80% after one week.
Is that the average drop rate for big titles?

Paganmoon

60-70% drop with it being a Friday release.

Dude, watch the spoilers will you! Not everyone wants to know what happens next week.

But the drop, and the Chart-track info could help pinpoint sales numbers, won't be as "exciting" as this, so probably not as much discussion though.

Hasney

But the drop, and the Chart-track info could help pinpoint sales numbers, won't be as "exciting" as this, so probably not as much discussion though.

Yeah, that part's true. Yo-Kai watch is also semi-interesting if it does well, not that I see it happening.

pswii60

I'm so happy to see Ratchet at #1. I hope this sends a message to the industry that a non-Nintendo game can be cute, bright, colourful and successful... if effort is taken to make a great game that looks appealing to a large audience! Also the pricing will have helped those unsure to take the plunge regardless. Well done Insomniac and also Sony for giving this game the budget it deserved.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Well, uh, next week won't be that interesting unfortunately. Kronos, Farming Sim 2017, Stranger of Sword City, Tales From the Borderlands(Game Exclusive) and Yo-Kai Watch.

No worry, thread will back even more interesting in May.

I mean dude, It's UNCHARTED month!

And many Ninty fans will be curius about Fire Emblem Fates, including me. ;)

Now, for the "prediction time", i say 10,000 unit for Yokay Watch next week.

As I said in the other thread, this is fantastic news.

Give us more games like this, Sony! Sly and Crash and Ape Escape need to have a proper comeback!

Hasney

No worry, thread will back even more interesting in May.

I mean dude, It's UNCHARTED month!

And many Ninty fans will be curius about Fire Emblem Fates, including me. ;)

Now, for the "prediction time", i say 10,000 unit for Yokay Watch next week.

Since we're coming up to May, we should agree on something as a thread ... Serious time.

Is Battlebomba or Bombaborn best?

Honestly though, it's been advertised that much, I could be proven wrong

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Since we're coming up to May, we should agree on something as a thread ... Serious time.

Honestly? I have no idea of what expect, haha.

Just because it has shooting in it? Were Turrican and Contra not platformers either?

lol? it is definitely a platformer.

Ratchet & Clank is pretty much 3D Mega Man. It's a platformer.

Ive done more shooting and blowing up than platforming to call r&c 16 a platformer @_@

Ive come to the conclusion that as soon as a game has a protagonist that is even remotely family friendly , a subsection of this site consider it a platformer.

If racthet is a platformer so is sunset overdrive.

Bombaborn.
Implies the game was always going to flop
Pmuch

dt2

Banned
WEEK 16

07 (03) XBO QUANTUM BREAK (MICROSOFT)
08 (05) PS4 TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION (UBISOFT)
09 (02) XBO DARK SOULS III (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)

WEEK 15

01 (NE) PS4 DARK SOULS III (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
02 (NE) XBO DARK SOULS III (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
03 (01) XBO QUANTUM BREAK (MICROSOFT)
Great to see Ratchet on top! I wasn't expecting Quantum Break to sell better in its third week vs Dark Souls III on its second week; especially since Dark Souls is a very respected franchise and 3 was critically acclaimed. Good to see Quantum Break still on there though, amazing game!

Paganmoon

Early release.

EDIT: AND FUCK I JUST NOTED IT OUTSOLD DARK SOULS 3. O_O

I mean its awesome to see it number on even with Dark Souls 3.

Oh, oooohhh, hehe, yeah, that's surprising actually. Either DS not so popular in France, or they absolutely love R&C, but pretty much all stores must've broken the street date in that case, no?

Great to see Ratchet on top! I wasn't expecting Quantum Break to sell better in its third week vs Dark Souls III on its second week; especially since Dark Souls is a very respected franchise and 3 was critically acclaimed. Good to see Quantum Break still on there though, amazing game!

I believe DS sales were heavily skewed towards PS4 to begin with, so not really that surprising.

Raist

Banned
A factor of 3? Damn.

Although I just looked it up, ACiT opened at #16, ToD at #21. Seems like they really bombed.

edit: Ratchet was release on the 15th in France vs. 20th in the rest of EU by the way.

MJBarret

Neo Member
Ive come to the conclusion that as soon as a game has a protagonist that is even remotely family friendly , a subsection of this site consider it a platformer.

I'm happy to admit I may have been wrong. But my conclusion had nothing to do with the protaganist so I don't know what point you're trying to make.

My idea on whether or not something is a platformer has always derived from whether or not there's much jumping from platform to platform involved, as blunt as that may seem.

I mean, I've tended to think of Flashback as one my favourite MegaDrive adventure platformers, even though jumping across gaps and climbing stuff is only a part of what that game is all about :/

Ryng_tolu

Banned
A factor of 3? Damn.

Although I just looked it up, ACiT opened at #16, ToD at #21. Seems like they really bombed.

edit: Ratchet was release on the 15th in France vs. 20th in the rest of EU by the way.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh that's expain a lot.

Still... very surprised it beated Dark Souls III on PS4.

Though i think if we combined both SKUs, Dark Souls PS4 is over... i think.

Raylan

Banned
NA.
Bring on Jax and Spiro Sony!

latest

I thought Mortal Kombat X is already out? :p

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

Sunset Overdrive is very much a platformer, IMO. It's all about jumping on things. Sure there is a lot of shooting and cool weapons, but the platforming is probably the most important thing in the game.

shandy706

Didn't know Quantum Break was doing so well overseas in the UK (compared to the games around it).

#1 two weeks ago, #3 last week, #7 this week with what I'd call some big games around it.

Dirt Rally dropped out of the top 10 in that period it seems. I have both games, and dirt took a back seat here too.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Very happy to see Ratchet up there. Hope it has some legs and continues to sell well cause it's a pretty fantastic game for what it aims to be.

Doesn't look like it. I got mine from Argos and they didn't have the XB1 version there.

There was a time when PES being exclusive would be huge news...

By the look of things, it mind as well not have released on the PS4 either, didn't beat Fifa 16, that's been out for 7-8 months...

PES hasn't been a big seller in the UK for years. Mainland is slightly different, but it's pretty much a dead duck in the UK. There used to be a picture floating around of PES and FIFA next to each other in a store with all the FIFA copies sold out and like one or two PES copies sold.

Paganmoon

There was a time when PES being exclusive would be huge news...

PES hasn't been a big seller in the UK for years. Mainland is slightly different, but it's pretty much a dead duck in the UK. There used to be a picture floating around of PES and FIFA next to each other in a store with all the FIFA copies sold out and like one or two PES copies sold.

Oh, I know it's not a big seller, anywhere, just that, it not even managing to beat either one of the FIFA16's that's been out for so long, why even bother?

Also, if the street date breaking of Amazon UK is true, PAL charts might still be discussion worthy next week, no?

Hasney

Oh, I know it's not a big seller, anywhere, just that, it not even managing to beat either one of the FIFA16's that's been out for so long, why even bother?

Also, if the street date breaking of Amazon UK is true, PAL charts might still be discussion worthy next week, no?

It's actually not a new game, just PES 2016 with some DLC added.

UK charts don't include street broken games for whatever reason. At least when it came up last that was the conclusion.

Top Bottom