• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pam & Tommy - Official Teaser Trailer (2022)

Javthusiast

Banned
2,w=468,c=0.bild.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I wonder if this is how boomers felt when they make movies of events in time they lived through.

I didn't care then and I don't care now.

Better have copious amounts of drugs; morning, noon and night.

What a weird choice having a Lenny Kravitz song when they had the selection of Mötley Crüe to pick from.

Solid casting for them both and the sidekicks of the film too. Tough to get Tommy's height in a decent actor and well his...length shall we say.

Given I was a big rock fan from the 80s/90s it's a popcorn flick I'll watch on some streaming service sometime.

Winter John

This looks real good. No Crue music tells me they ain't sanctioned it, which is usually a good thing because it means it has stuff the band/management don't want on screen. I just hope it's better than that shitty Netflix movie. I still have no idea how that got made. The whole thing was -
Wooo drugs are great bro. Let's do drugs. Yeah Bro for sure drugs are awesome. Let's like do drugs. Woo hoo hell yeah bro, let's get fucked up. Oh no, bro, I like got wasted and killed a dude. Bummer dude. Oh bro, that's totally Sad face. Shit, that's like all serious n shit dude. You must be all bummed out bro. Yeah, I was like in jail for a week n shit guy, couldn't even get wasted man. Bummer dude. Guys I'm like leaving the band n shit cos you ain't sharing the drugs properly and i'm all bummed out dude. Uh ok dude, see you later n shit. Later guys. Hey this new dude sucks, he won't even do drugs with us man. Yeah bro he don't even have a gnarly soul patch like we all got. Man, what a bummer. You got to have a soul patch man. You know, it let's chicks know your like, all soulful n shit. Hey brahs we should like get that other dude back. Yeah, let's go see if he wants to party. Uh sorry I left you guys but uh you know I was like havin feelings. My daughter was all sick n shit. It was gross. Bro, we like love you n shit man. No homo guy. We like totally love you bro. You should come back and like, do drugs with us guy. Hell yeah. Fuck this sad dad shit, let's get totally wasted bros. The End

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
So I did a double take because this is advertised in France as being on Disney+.

You know, when I think of wholesome family entertainment I think Pam and Tommy.

Thrash idea pondering to nostalgia from 1990s teens.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Just remember she’s wearing a boob suit for everyone getting lily james type wood.

Last edited:

ManaByte

I've watched the first 2 episodes. The production quality and talent involved with this show is at a very high level no matter the subject matter. Stan and James are really good in the roles.

The first episode was great because the story of how the tape got out is just insane and it was really all Tommy's fault.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Do people really watch this stuff?
Yes. It's the households where netflix is 100% all the time just playing on the tv.
I have a buddy with wife like that. The TV is just playing. all the time. She pretends she is watching all these shows but she is either taking care of a kid or sitting on tiktok even when watching...

GymWolf

Yes. It's the households where netflix is 100% all the time just playing on the tv.
I have a buddy with wife like that. The TV is just playing. all the time. She pretends she is watching all these shows but she is either taking care of a kid or sitting on tiktok even when watching...
So the equivalent of when i read reeee in the toilette waiting for the poop to drop?!

Last edited:

kondorBonk

To each their own. This has been on my radar with Craig Gillespie (I, Tonya) behind it. If you liked his other movies, this would be right up your alley. He does a great job characterizing absurd people and it is very much in the same style as I-Tonya. Not a cheap mass produced bio pic that people seem to be assuming in this thread.

The story structure/pacing is well thought out and they are taking a ton a liberty adding in comedic moments for all the actors.There is definitely a lot of the story I was unaware of as a kid and it's doing a good job of painting everyone as the asshole.

Top Bottom