• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paramount+ Launch Date Set By ViacomCBS ( U.S. and Latin America-March 4, the Nordics-March 25 and Australia-mid 2021.)

Jethalal

Banned
Paramount+ Launch Date Set By ViacomCBS – Deadline

From the article:
The launch of rebranded streaming service Paramount+ has been set by ViacomCBS.

It will go live in the U.S. and Latin America on March 4, the Nordics on March 25 and Australia by the middle of the year.

In Canada, CBS All Access will be rebranded as Paramount+ on March 4 and then evolve into an expanded offering later in the year.

The timing of the rollout conforms with guidance from management in recent months. Along with the launch dates, the company said on February 24 it will deliver an overview of its streaming plans for Paramount+, Showtime’s OTT service and the free, ad-supported Pluto TV. The preview will be combined with the company’s regular quarterly earnings report, unlike stand-alone investor events put on by several companies over the past two years.

Paramount+ in its rebranded form will join a crowded streaming field and caps the efforts of a company that completed its merger in December 2019. ViacomCBS has pursued a more opportunistic approach to streaming, licensing Paramount studio films and select network series rights to third parties, not just Netflix but also services run by other media companies. South Park went to HBO Max in a lucrative deal, and an agreement reached last year with NBCUniversal sent marquee properties like Yellowstone and The Godfather to NBCU streaming service Peacock.

Still, the ViacomCBS portfolio blends an array of premium and free streaming assets. In addition to Pluto, whose user base has tripled since Viacom acquired it two years ago, a clutch of free, ad-supported properties like CBSN and CBS Sports HQ give Paramount+ reach that many rivals lack. In recent months, the company has billed Paramount+ as delivering subscribers “live sports, breaking news and a mountain of entertainment.”

Yoda

Rebranding a streaming platform isn’t going to help its problems (sub par content). CBS needs to get its shit together in the content department.

Quasicat

So does this mean that Comedy Central will start to post their catalogue? They never released Dave Attell’s Insomniac as a full series, just a couple of one off episodes. I would love to go back and watch the full series!

sol_bad

Actually releasing in Australia. Amazing.
Will wait and see what the content is like.
I honestly haven't felt the need to jump onto HBO Max yet for example.

Andyliini

I wonder if Star Trek will move there now. I mainly subscribe to Netflix because of Star Trek, and I've been hearing that the initial deal between CBS and Netflix is coming to close soon. Hav e to wait until I know how much this will cost in Nordic region once it launches.

Top Bottom