• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parents are a real drag sometimes

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I was in my room and I was just like, staring at the walls thinking about everything. But then again, I was thinking about nothing. And then my mom came in, and I didn't even know she was there. She called my name and I didn't hear her.

And then she started screaming, "Mike! Mike!"
And I go, "What? What's the matter?"
She goes, "What's the matter with you?"
I go, "There's nothing wrong, mom!"
She goes, "Don't tell me that, you're on drugs!"
I go, "No mom, I'm not on drugs, I'm okay, I'm just thinking, you know? Why don't you get me a Pepsi?"
She goes, "No! You're on drugs!"
I go, "Mom, I'm okay, I'm just thinking"
And she goes, "No! You're not thinking, you're on drugs! Normal people don't act that way!"
I go, "Mom, just get me a Pepsi, please? All I want's a Pepsi"

And she wouldn't give it to me. All I wanted was a Pepsi—just one Pepsi—and she wouldn't give it to me. Just a Pepsi!

Jaybe

I was in my room and I was just like, staring at the walls thinking about everything. But then again, I was thinking about nothing. And then my mom came in, and I didn't even know she was there. She called my name and I didn't hear her.

And then she started screaming, "Mike! Mike!"
And I go, "What? What's the matter?"
She goes, "What's the matter with you?"
I go, "There's nothing wrong, mom!"
She goes, "Don't tell me that, you're on drugs!"
I go, "No mom, I'm not on drugs, I'm okay, I'm just thinking, you know? Why don't you get me a Pepsi?"
She goes, "No! You're on drugs!"
I go, "Mom, I'm okay, I'm just thinking"
And she goes, "No! You're not thinking, you're on drugs! Normal people don't act that way!"
I go, "Mom, just get me a Pepsi, please? All I want's a Pepsi"

And she wouldn't give it to me. All I wanted was a Pepsi—just one Pepsi—and she wouldn't give it to me. Just a Pepsi!
An institution!
Figured this was what it was at the first what’s the matter. Brings back memories.

GeekyDad

Basketball Wives What GIF by VH1

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Maybe the Pepsi is druged.
Sometimes, I try to do things and it just doesn't work out the way I want it to and I get real frustrated and like, I try hard to do it and I like, take my time, but it just doesn't work out the way I want it to. It's like I concentrate on it real hard but it just doesn't work out. And everything I do and everything I try, it never turns out.

It's like, I need time to figure these things out

But there's always someone there going, "Hey Mike, you know, we've been noticing you've been having a lot of problems lately, you know? You should maybe get away and like, maybe you should talk about it, you'll feel a lot better."

And I go, "No it's okay, you know, I'll figure it out. Just leave me alone, I'll figure it out, you know? I'm just working on myself"
They go, "Well you know, if you want to talk about it, I'll be here, you know. And you'll probably feel a lot better if you talk about it. So why don't you talk about it?"
I go, "No I don't want to, I'm okay! I'll figure it out myself!"

But they just keep bugging me. They just keep bugging me and it builds up inside.

GeekyDad

Sometimes, I try to do things and it just doesn't work out the way I want it to and I get real frustrated and like, I try hard to do it and I like, take my time, but it just doesn't work out the way I want it to. It's like I concentrate on it real hard but it just doesn't work out. And everything I do and everything I try, it never turns out.

It's like, I need time to figure these things out

But there's always someone there going, "Hey Mike, you know, we've been noticing you've been having a lot of problems lately, you know? You should maybe get away and like, maybe you should talk about it, you'll feel a lot better."

And I go, "No it's okay, you know, I'll figure it out. Just leave me alone, I'll figure it out, you know? I'm just working on myself"
They go, "Well you know, if you want to talk about it, I'll be here, you know. And you'll probably feel a lot better if you talk about it. So why don't you talk about it?"
I go, "No I don't want to, I'm okay! I'll figure it out myself!"

But they just keep bugging me. They just keep bugging me and it builds up inside.

That's a spot-on impression of my wife.

groundhog day suicide GIF

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Is your mom hot?

Even without the reference AAA post would read again.

Edit Shit this came out of nowhere.

Many chuckles where had.

Last edited:

sono

Um why would your mother think her son was on drugs. Is there history that she would leap to that as first thought as to why you were distracted?

nkarafo

Why would your mom even suspect you are on drugs? And her being so sure about it? Smells like you have a history.

Also, get up and get that pepsi on your own. Parents are not your servants.

Kids are a real drag sometimes.

Chozoldman

Banned
Never thought I'd see a (not so) stealth Suicidal Tendencies thread here.

I'm a big fan from way back, and it always annoyed me that this gimmick song is their most popular track. They have a great early discography. Lights, Camera, Revolution and The Art of Rebellion are both wall-to-wall bangers!

🤘😬🤘

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Um why would your mother think her son was on drugs. Is there history that she would leap to that as first thought as to why you were distracted?
I'm sitting in my room, and my mom and my dad came in. They pulled up a chair and they sat down.
They go, "Mike, we need to talk to you"
And I go, "Okay, what's the matter?"
They go, "Me and your mom, we've been noticing lately you've been having a lot of problems and you've been going off for no reason. And we're afraid you're gonna hurt somebody. And we're afraid you're gonna hurt yourself. So we decided that it would be in your best interest if we put you somewhere you could get the help that you need.”
And I go, "Wait, what are you talking about? We decided? My best interest? How do you know what my best interest is? How can you say what my best interest is? What are you trying to say, I'm crazy? When I went to your schools, I went to your churches. I went to your institutional learning facilities. So how can you say I'm crazy?"

Top Bottom