• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Walter Houser offered lead role for Tarantino’s last film

Cocksman

Daniel Richtman is reporting that Paul Walter Hauser got an offer for the lead role in Quentin Tarantino's “The Movie Critic,” pre-strike.

Hauser, a talented actor, would be a fool to turn this one down. He would actually be a good fit. The highlights in his filmography include “Richard Jewell,” “I, Tonya,” and “BlackKklansman.”

The role Hauser would most certainly be playing is that of film critic Jim Sheldon. Tarantino’s writings under the pseudonym Sheldon on the New Beverly website have gone totally under the radar. This made-up character is said to be a critic for the Hollywood Press.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The lead actor isn't even the important casting for Tarantino. The big question is which woman's feet will be starring in the real lead role.

thefool

He's good but i think he seriously needs to stop going overboard on every role. Richard Jewell is a good example of this, i actually prefered Cameron Britton work on Manhunt: Dead Hunt than Paul Houser on Clint's movie. Felt a lot more authentic and human.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Is he willing to use the N word without regret? That is a requirement for Tarantino.

Guy is great in Cobra Kai. Stingray left for a season to hit it big with Richard Jewel but came back to keep it real.

Holy shit, I couldn't place him when I saw the pic.

In all honesty, I had no idea he was so well regarded, and despite having seen other things he's in, didn't realise.

Also in the article:

There had also been a report that Tarantino wanted Bruce Willis to appear for a “cameo role” in his 10th and final film, which he confirmed is not a “revenge” story like his last few films.

That'd be something, I wonder if Bruce is up for it.

Last edited:

violence

zevS62T.gif

Hopefully I won’t turn the movie off halfway through due to foot shots. Sure I could’ve fast forward, but I didn’t.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Lets be real here, he iwll keep making movies after this one.

It's gonna be the final one he directs, not writes or produces. He'll keep doing shit.

He's already cheating, wanted to stop at 10 movies but counts Kill Bill as 1. I sure as shit paid for both halves, Quentin!

CGNoire

It's gonna be the final one he directs, not writes or produces. He'll keep doing shit.

He's already cheating, wanted to stop at 10 movies but counts Kill Bill as 1. I sure as shit paid for both halves, Quentin!
I like his directing but his true gift to cinema has always been his writing. As long as he keeps writing film scripts and keeps pairing them with gifted directors Im ok with it......I do want Kill Bill 3 before that though :(

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Its Tarantino. Its always worth seeing his work. He cast Brad Pitt as a Nazi murdering Cajun and Uma Thurman as one of the most badass women in the history of cinema. His casting is crazy, but like a fox.

He could give the lead role to a ham sandwich and I would still go see the film.

Last edited:

Editaur

Don't need to watch any trailers before release but hope the ending isn't as predictable as his last few films :/

Top Bottom