• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul's Hardware GPU Pricing Spreadsheet

Amiga

teXGaBv.jpg

Kuranghi

Noice, I hope this bodes well for 4080 prices but I'm sure they'll tout massive perf gains and try to increase prices once again like they have since after the 10-series.

Amiga

Noice, I hope this bodes well for 4080 prices but I'm sure they'll tout massive perf gains and try to increase prices once again like they have since after the 10-series.
Available cards already give 4K/60fps on almost every modern game. I think we are at the point where the power has outpaced graphic design. For the 4080 generation they will lean more on luxury 8K/VR and RT performance.

Reallink

The only cards genuinely worth having are still streeting $1100+. I'd hold off on the celebrations until 3080s are sitting on Best Buy shelves for $699, which would itself be overpriced considering it's now a 2 year old part.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Available cards already give 4K/60fps on almost every modern game. I think we are at the point where the power has outpaced graphic design. For the 4080 generation they will lean more on luxury 8K/VR and RT performance.

Yeah I agree, but not 4K60 + heavy RT, my flatmate just got a 3080ti and he needs DLSS to get locked 60 with max (within reason) settings and I'm not that interested in DLSS right now, it affects the IQ too much for me on my display at the distance I sit, ie 65" at ~8'. This TV (Sony ZD9) makes native 4K look like a sex festival.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy for example was amazing at native 4K, even 1944p was noticeably lacking in comparison for me.

//DEVIL//

I bought a Strix White 3090 last week from someone who barely used it ( Purchase date was Feb 26 from Newegg ) for 2300 CAD. which is about 1,842 US.

The stickers are still on the friggin card. Honestly considering tax and everything, I bought it kinda below the MSRP price by a good amount.

you just have to keep an eye on Facebook marketplace / Kijiji of you are in Canada. We are nearly MSRP price here or even below for used cards in Canada. Can't say the same it seems for the US. even though every now and then I see lots of stock at micro center in US. so I am not really sure why people still paying over MSRP. for these.

with that being said. I do not think I will ever sell this card because I have been dying for a white Strix ever since it was announced. and 24 Gig with its power should be good for me till the 5000 series are out. just like every generation. I do not believe the 4000 Series gonna be more than 30% in actual gaming performance. they can keep that difference since I only play at ultra-wide 2k monitor 120 frames.

Not to mention the 4080 won't be more than 16 Gigs if we are lucky. I believe the 4090 is only to be 24Gigs.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I bought a Strix White 3090 last wee from someone who barely used it ( Purchase date was Feb 26 from newegg ) for 2300 CAD. which about 1,842 US.

The stickers are still on the friggin card. Honestly considering tax and evertyting, I bought it kinda below the MSRP price by a good amount.

you just have to keep an eye on facebook marketplace / Kijiji of you are in Canada. We are nearly MSRP price here or even below for used cards in Canada. Cant say the same it seems for US. even though every now and then I see lots of stock at microcenter in US. so I am not really sure why people still paying over MSRP. for these.

with that being said. I do not think I will ever sell this card because I have been dying for a white strix ever since it was announced. and 24 Gig with its power should be good for me till the 5000 series are out. just like every generation. I do not believe the 4000 Series gonna be more than 30% in actual gaming performance. they can keep that difference since I only play at ultra wide 2k monitor 120 frames.

Not to mention the 4080 wont be more than 16 Gigs if we are lucky. I believe the 4090 only to be 24Gigs.

Seems mad to even have a 3090 for 2K ultrawide, but as you say it will keep you going until 5000 series at the least. Is that 3440x1440?

//DEVIL//

Seems mad to even have a 3090 for 2K ultrawide, but as you say it will keep you going until 5000 series at the least. Is that 3440x1440?
Yes . It’s kinda above 2k and lower than 4k and I need it at 120 FPS always. 10 gig 3080 I fear won’t last too long

Nvzman

Yeah I agree, but not 4K60 + heavy RT, my flatmate just got a 3080ti and he needs DLSS to get locked 60 with max (within reason) settings and I'm not that interested in DLSS right now, it affects the IQ too much for me on my display at the distance I sit, ie 65" at ~8'. This TV (Sony ZD9) makes native 4K look like a sex festival.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy for example was amazing at native 4K, even 1944p was noticeably lacking in comparison for me.
Max settings on any new games is a waste of resources. The differences between high and max tend to be miniscule in most games, but max tends to have severe performance costs. I guarantee you if you just tune a few things below ultra (like raytracing in GoTG's case), you will hit 4k60fps locked with almost imperceptible reduction in visual fidelity.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Why would you pay ~$2k for an RTX 3090 this late into the game? it’s been nearly 2 years since it released. I know if I say “wait until RTX 4000 series comes out” and somebody will retort “well why not wait til 5000, 6000, etc. series comes out”… but this is literally the worst time to be buying anything.

Kuranghi

Max settings on any new games is a waste of resources. The differences between high and max tend to be miniscule in most games, but max tends to have severe performance costs. I guarantee you if you just tune a few things below ultra (like raytracing in GoTG's case), you will hit 4k60fps locked with almost imperceptible reduction in visual fidelity.

Thats what I meant by "(within reason)", if its not that different then lower settings and not maxed SSAA or other heavy settings, or turned off broken stuff like SSR in RE2R. You need DLSS (and not the highest preset, the balanced one) to have a bit of headroom to keep locked 60 with RT on in GotG, so with DLSS off it would be in the 50s or worse, ie no use on a non-VRR display.

I'm not interested in DLSS so I'll need a 4080 at least to even run current games at 4K60 with RT, let alone future ones, and thats not exactly really demanding RT in GotG.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Yeah, Ebay prices have dropped on cards like the EVGA 3060 XC 12GB. A few months ago those were going for ~$740. Now they're available for $550-$600. Still a big markup over EVGA's msrp of $399(Price I paid after being on waiting list for 10 months). Looks like you can get a 3060 Ti for $650 now. A few months back that was ~$850. I would have been all over a 3060 Ti at that price a few months back, but I think I became a laptop person(and soon Steam Deck).

Last edited:
Top Bottom