• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paying for a sexual act (Happy ending the gateway to prostitution?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBo42

A girl asked me today if I had ever received a "happy ending" or searched it out. That answer is no and I don't think I'd ever pay for sex of any kind. The reason she asked is because her current interest has or almost did (details are blurry there).

Anyway if a person does search out a happy ending, are they likely to solicit a prostitute down the road? I think that's her fear but I find it a little ridiculous. GAF?

DrBo42

You're paying to have a sex act performed on you... It's already a form of prostitution.

A good point I guess. The way the story was presented to me is that he was offered it at the end. But I feel like that can't be true since they must use codes for that right? Or at the very least you know what type of place you're entering?

A good point I guess. The way the story was presented to me is that he was offered it at the end. But I feel like that can't be true since they must use codes for that right? Or at the very least you know what type of place you're entering?
Any respectable, licensed massage parlor would never offer a happy ending, so it tends to be the latter.

Usually yes but I'm sure some people have stumbled into ones without that prior knowledge.

I'd assume the majority of men who intentionally seek out sexual acts in payment form go for much more than a happy ending, therefore I'd assume the majority of men who "stumble" upon a situation where a happy ending could occur, would likely accept it and probably never do much more.

LordCanti

Any respectable, licensed massage parlor would never offer a happy ending, so it tends to be the latter.

If you're at a place that offers the happy ending, you know it. I'm sure skeezy dudes try to get happy endings from legitimate establishments, but no one walks into a dive spa without thinking that they're going to leave happy.

Edit: Not to discount the possibility of someone taking it upon themselves to make a couple extra bucks giving rub and tugs at a legitimate establishment, but getting caught would mean the end of their employment.

Grinchy

Banned
I wouldn't seek it out, but I wouldn't turn it down either. I can't imagine that getting a handjob from a Chinese lady would leave me searching the streets for some HIV/STD-infested street whore, though.

Quick

Banned
There's a massage place I know of that may or may not offer. I won't ever try, but I've seen way too many dudes pop out from there.

DrBo42

I can't imagine that getting a handjob from a Chinese lady would leave me searching the streets for some HIV/STD-infested street whore, though.
Colorful. I agree with the concept though. I find the jump between the two to be rather large.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I wouldn't seek it out, but I wouldn't turn it down either. I can't imagine that getting a handjob from a Chinese lady would leave me searching the streets for some HIV/STD-infested street whore, though.

How many handjobs did she give that day? Did she have any open wounds?

LordCanti

How many handjobs did she give that day? Did she have any open wounds?

My biggest one would be "I can give myself a handjob...why would I want her to do it?" I guess a BJ would be a different story, but I've never been so pent up that I'd have considered paying an immigrant (and potential sex slave) to do it for me.

ryan13ts

My co-worker was describing to me his experience with getting a "Happy Ending" from an asian girl in a shady massage palor.... All the while we're watching a documentary on CNBC about women being trafficked into prostitution and made to work in massage palors.

It was almost surreal and he didn't seem to care one bit that the woman jerking him off might have been there against her will. It's sad and part of the reason I'd never consider paying for sex (Even though I'm gay so getting it from a woman wouldn't really apply to me, but the same goes for a similar situation where it's offered by a man).

i remember in NYC there were some stings on massage parlors that were apparently Chinese mafia fronts that gave happy endings, had women brought in for the sex trade and laundered money... pretty awful stuff iirc.

Is anyone really ever satisfied with a hand job? It always seems depressing for everyone involved unless there are extenuating circumstances.

antonz

How do you know which massage parrols offer happy endings? I always wondered that

That can honestly be tricky. There's websites you can check that list places that do and even have reviews which is kind of creepy. I live in a pretty well to do area and its amazing how many of these places in high traffic non seedy areas are nothing but fronts for this stuff.

Replicant

It's not something you'll find at an official licensed Osteopath/Chiropractor. So don't try that on them for their sake and yourself.

Unless you want to make it into the headlines like John Travolta did.

Does gaf feel that prostitution is pretty much 100% unethical from every angle? Honest question. I'm conflicted about it.

If both people involved are consenting why is it unethical? Not everyone involved in sex work is there against their will. Some people do it for the good pay, because they enjoy it etc. I was listening to an ex-sex worker give a speech, and she said it felt a lot like nursing.

I guess the difficult part is distinguishing who is and isn't being forced into sex work.

DrBo42

If both people involved are consenting why is it unethical? Not everyone involved in sex work is there against their will. Some people do it for the good pay, because they enjoy it etc. I was listening to an ex-sex worker give a speech, and she said it felt a lot like nursing.

I guess the difficult part is distinguishing who is and isn't being forced into sex work.

Care to expand on this?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think someone who gets a handjob at a massage parlor is necessarily likely to seek out a more traditional prostitute. There's different stigmas, different settings, different cultures. Different comfort levels and vulnerabilities. I dunno, it's complicated, but I don't see a necessary correlation there regardless.

Care to expand on this?

In the way that she had to figure out he clients needs, make them comfortable, be gentle and work with them. Its providing a social service to people in need, in a way. I can totally see where she's coming from, especially if she was working with regular clients or disabled people.

It was Brooke Magnanti, if you're interested.

A girl asked me today if I had ever received a "happy ending" or searched it out. That answer is no and I don't think I'd ever pay for sex of any kind. The reason she asked is because her current interest has or almost did (details are blurry there).

Anyway if a person does search out a happy ending, are they likely to solicit a prostitute down the road? I think that's her fear but I find it a little ridiculous. GAF?
First time a little over a week ago. Me and a friend got drunk at a hotel, he gave me money to gamble with and we both won and he mentioned going to an Asian massage parlor across the street. $50 for the massage and $50 for the happy ending.

That said, I don't have any desire to go out and search for prostitutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom