• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PC Gamer] Biggest disappointments of not-E3: Starfield is just ugly No Man's Sky

The edit times match (it happened seconds apart), you blind bitch.
X82RAS3.jpg
are you tired of losing yet?

Hezekiah

Banned
I think it's clear the game was never coming in November, it's nowhere near ready.

Bethesda has a lot of work to do over the next 12 months, the two King Thrash videos highlighted some of the glaring issues with the trailer.

The good thing is that MS won't allow them to release something super-buggy.

Chiggs

DeepEnigma DeepEnigma and W Werewolfgrandma should make peace and stop fighting.

Now kiss !!!!!

uUbKpRe.jpg

Thanks, dude. Really appreciate you posting this bullshit.

I'm at work and this pic appeared on my screen. Now everyone at my company thinks I'm gay. I'm honestly so fucking mad right now that I'm going to head home. These assless chaps I'm wearing aren't the most stylish, either...so that's another thing they're going to laugh at as I get up to leave. At least I can hide my Joe Higashi Yaoi coloring book in this suede messenger bag I got off of Etsy.

Swear to god, thoughtless people like you just make me want to drown myself in Zinfandel and blast Depeche Mode.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I'm at work and this pic appeared on my screen. Now everyone at my company thinks I'm gay. I'm honestly so fucking mad right now that I'm going to head home. These assless chaps I'm wearing aren't the most stylish, either...so that's another thing they're going to laugh at as I get up to leave. At least I can hide my Joe Higashi Yaoi coloring book in this suede messenger bag I got off of Etsy.

Swear to god, thoughtless people like you just make me want to drown myself in Zinfandel and blast Depeche Mode.
dead fuck my life GIF

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

Frustrated Fainting GIF

Zeroing

Banned

Oops, I did it again!

This thread has gone to shit
ft5Y8dU.gif

ANYWAY. being seriously now, everyone stopped fighting. Mission accomplished.

Danknugz

my 2 cents is that i was already bored when they announced it. my last space fantasy game was wing commander II back in the cd rom days. It was awesome with the real human voices that they could afford to fit on the cd media. Maybe it's because i grew up in the 80s with movies like star wars and aliens, and games like space harrier, asteroids, just feel like space games have been done to death and they kind of bore me. It the same reason i sti haven't played any mass effect games or KOTR. I said in the other thread that based on the trailer it looked kind of sterile and boring, someone replied thats just how space is, well there you go.

Would be excited if it were fallout new vegas 2 or anything just set on earth with real people doing normal things you do in your normal life. Maybe something like a GTA clone with bethesda storylines and explorations.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The problem with the article and the comparison in general is the gargantuan differences between NMS and a Bethesda RPG.

Very similar to complaining about a lack of guns in GT7. GTA5 has guns. Vastly different games that focus on different things.

If the gameplay loop in Starfield is similar to NMS, that would be the thing to be disappointed about. People expect Starfield to be a Bethesda RPG.

I’m just going by the trailer. I’m sure Starfield will be much more along the lines of a Bethesda RPG.

PCGamer’s has been a trashy site for some time now.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I am working from home and after seeing that picture I have turned gay. Thanks a lot Zeroing!

Arachnid

"Early on in this project when we were trying to establish the overall aesthetic of this game, we sort of coined the term 'NASA-Punk' to describe a sci-fi universe that's a little more grounded and relatable," says Starfield's lead artist, Istvan Pely. "We wanted a very realistic take.

I'm not looking for realistic. I'm looking for Mass Effect-like crazy space shenanigans. I don't want to land on a rock to mine it for stupid resources. That's so fkning boring. I want to land on it to uncover epic space secrets and horrors.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I'm not sure if:

1. fanboys write these articles
2. these articles are written to get clicks from fanboys
3. paid shills from competition write these articles

Anyway, incredibly stupid take. Bethesda games play absolutely nothing like No Mans Sky. Outside of a few superficial aspects, this will be no different.

What did I lose, ya goofball?

Just because you hyperventilate and need to be speedy McReply. The edit was within the same minute. Seconds after I posted what I did.

Fuck off with your e-tuff baby nuts.
bdXgxHm.jpg
You talked shit about my vision when it wasn't there when I replied because you edited it later yet that's my fault? Holy fuck.

I'd like to point out that this started because I made a joke that you were too dumb to get because it wasn't in picture form. Next time I'll get my crayons so you can follow along.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You talked shit about my vision when it wasn't there when I replied because you edited it later yet that's my fault? Holy fuck.

I'd like to point out that this started because I made a joke that you were too dumb to get because it wasn't in picture form. Next time I'll get my crayons so you can follow along.
Wolffa, you blind? Comprehension issues?

Check the times. I edited it within the same minute at 10:47am (the edit time and the post time are the SAME). Your reply was 10:49am which means you were feverish to hit the reply button, but apparently it took you two minutes to type16 words. Clearly I did not see your post before my edit since I don't have a fucking time machine.

Just take the 'L' on your ASSumption. It's really not that important, at all. But this was fun and good time wasting.

M4v6nv1.jpg

Last edited:
i wonder how different the reception would be if it wasn't xbox exclusive :messenger_tears_of_joy: plenty of people enjoyed Skyrim/Fallout 4 but now fuck Bethesda apparently lol

i bet when this launches Bethesda will be hounded for bugs/performance issues. usually they get a pass but Starfield will be compared to Cyberpunk. mark my words.
I hope they get Starpunk 2088ed for all the bugs each game they release has.

Alien.gif

At first I was disappointed with the visuals but that's due to having crazy high expectations. It actually looks pretty nice especially for a Brthesda game. I like the artstyle, the photogrammetry is a good touch, and some of the lighting indoors looked like a huge improvement. It doesn't look "next gen" but it looks good.

Wolffa, you blind? Comprehension issues?

Check the times. I edited it within the same minute at 10:47am (the edit time and the post time are the SAME). Your reply was 10:49am which means you were feverish to hit the reply button, but apparently it took you two minutes to type16 words. Clearly I did not see your post before my edit since I don't have a fucking time machine.

Just take the 'L' on your ASSumption. It's really not that important, at all. But this was fun and good time wasting.

M4v6nv1.jpg
You replied to my post containing your post without the edit. So no time machine is needed. It took me so long because I only reply to you while taking a shit(unsure if related) and I was deep into the bidet.

Haggard

Banned
Ugly is too harsh.
Thoroughly unimpressive for a next gen only AAA production targeting 30fps? Absolutely.
Then again Bethesda never was a tech powerhouse and their engine is literally infamous at this point.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

i wonder how different the reception would be if it wasn't xbox exclusive :messenger_tears_of_joy: plenty of people enjoyed Skyrim/Fallout 4 but now fuck Bethesda apparently lol

i bet when this launches Bethesda will be hounded for bugs/performance issues. usually they get a pass but Starfield will be compared to Cyberpunk. mark my words.

If it had not been purchased by Microsoft and Sony had gotten the rumoured deal of getting it timed exclusive?

It would be the 2nd coming of Christ around these parts. Just look how much hype NMS got when we barely knew shit about the game.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
adamsapple adamsapple , can you please stop these two from fighting above.

Plug a gamepass ad in here or something.
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

If it had not been purchased by Microsoft and Sony had gotten the rumoured deal of getting it timed exclusive?

It would be the 2nd coming of Christ around these parts. Just look how much hype NMS got when we barely knew shit about the game.
Everyone would 180, we get it. We only have ourselves to blame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom