• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PC Gamer] Portal writer (Wolpaw) says Valve has 'a starting point that we like a ton' for Portal 3

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
"Someone's gotta think up some new portal puzzles! But we do have an actual idea, yes."

Not a lot of meat to the quote and obviously we would be years away from a final release, even if it was greenly today.
"Yeah Jay and I have an idea that we think is pretty awesome for what would happen, generally speaking," said Wolpaw. "We don't have a script or any details worked out, but we have sort of a starting point that we like a ton.

"So you know, it's good we have this idea but there's a lot left to do. Someone's gotta think up some new portal puzzles! But we do have an actual idea, yes."

Apparently the prospect of a third game, and the idea for it, has been brought up at Valve and received a positive response.

"But again, us having that idea versus actually committing to making a game is a way different thing," said Wolpaw. "It's not unknown, but there's no formal pitch process at Valve either. It's always kind of a, you know, grassroots campaign I guess."

Here's the video with the origin of the article:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Animated GIF

Portal and Portal 2 are some of the best gaming experiences I have ever had. Simple, stylish, FUN!

MiguelItUp

Man, I just want Valve to get back on making games again. I don't want to believe this, but it'd be really neat to see!

Top Bottom