• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gamers can help beat CORONA virus ----- [donate cpu/gpu power to research] --- [GET ITT]

I just read an interesting article and I'll fucking do it. You can do it too. Read the article, everything is explained.
https://wccftech.com/gamers-help-us-beat-coronavirus-covid-19/

Did you ever feel like you were a superhero just waiting for your true calling? Well, turns out you were right. There is a way you can donate your spare computer power to researchers and scientists that will use it to beat COVID19! Just follow the steps below and donate your processing power whenever you go to sleep so it can (literally) be used to save lives.
Step 1. Download (click here for Windows) and install the Folding@Home client
We would recommend installing it using custom settings and limiting the client to run only when you click it (manual mode). Otherwise, the client will start every time you boot the PC. Mac OS and Linux users may download the client from here.

Step 2. Setup the client and join team# 237039
The first thing you want to do is run the client and then click on "create new identity"

setup-identtity-1-1030x625.jpg

You can now enter your name, the team number (237039) and also get yourself a passkey to make sure no one else can use your name:
setup-identity-2-1030x839.jpg

You can also modify other settings such as power usage and whether you want the client to only use idle power or all available power.

Step 3: Beat the Coronavirus!
If you have successfully done all of the above, the Folding@Home client should kick in and should allocate a project to you. This team will get projects related to the coronavirus on priority. Both your CPU and GPU should be green and spinning if everything is going correctly.

Coronavirus-folding-wccftech-2-1030x794.jpg

Put those Ryzens and i9's to good use, guys.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They should have temporarily taken over all the crypto mining farms for some mandatory folding @ home when this shit started >_>

Bankai

Up yours d*ckmuncher! The PS5 will be better, love live the SSD and fuc...wait.. what? This isn't a PS5 VS (stinky) Xbox SEX thread?

Good on you Elektro Demon Elektro Demon for making Neogaf a better place! I'm going to participate and do something good for a change.

:messenger_heart:

But it isn't just a flu bro? /s

Anyway I am good, I mine crypto while PC is in idle
It's a flu that is a bit more deadly then the regular one. It's gonna require all of us to wear masks and gloves for a certain time after this forced isolation.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's a flu that is a bit more deadly then the regular one. It's gonna require all of us to wear masks and gloves for a certain time after this forced isolation.
Except it's far more like pneumonia and if you ever have that, it's pretty terrible nothing like a flu. I know that flu basically constitutes to any form of fever, cough, runny nose. But this affect lungs, which is not really a flu-type shit.

Except it's far more like pneumonia and if you ever have that, it's pretty terrible nothing like a flu. I know that flu basically constitutes to any form of fever, cough, runny nose. But this affect lungs, which is not really a flu-type shit.
Sure, it's a virus then. Doesn't really matter how we wanna classify this thing.
But one thing I'm sure, isolating ourselves for 30 days is ok actually, it's gonna help to reduce the spread, but after that it makes no sense. If the isolation lasts more then 30 days, you risk gangbanging the economy. And also riots. You can't keep people locked more then that. I expect riots and massive unrest if they prolong the isolation. I think the best thing is to reopen for business after 30 days, like USA, is doing, and then mandate that people wear masks and gloves while outside and at work. There's gonna be casualties but that isn't the reason to put the economy on hold.

Top Bottom