• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gaming just feel kinda dumb!!! tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

OOGABOOGA

Banned
I just really never understood why or what's the point!! There was never something strongly suggested me to get a high budget PC for gaming. Just why on earth would a gamer spend so much money on a PC, when games with great graphics will be designed for console anyways? just for little graphical improvements that don't make any difference!! That's it!!

It just feels kinda dumb to me?

Anyways PC gamers your master race 3000$ PC will never have these games (at least not on release date)
Demon souls remake
God of war ragnorak
Returnal
Final fantasy 7 rebirth
Final fantasy 16
Horizon forbidden west
Spider man 2

It must be really useless being a PC gamer, it's like marrying a 10/10 girl that doesn't have a pussy.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
But what if you just want to game at 1440p, Ultra Graphical Settings, Lowest Input Latency and all that at 180fps?

Or in more competitive games 300+ fps?

Not to mention record and stream in high quality, productivity and the list goes on and on and on.

OOGABOOGA

Banned
But what if you just want to game at 1440p, Ultra Graphical Settings, Lowest Input Latency and all that at 180fps?

Or in more competitive games 300+ fps?
7d851cd1-302f-48d1-80f5-fe7c8201bd57_text.gif

Not to mention record and stream in high quality, productivity and the list goes on and on and on.
I'm pretty sure majority of gamers aren't streamers or interested in becoming famous

Graciaus

Why wouldn't you want access to all three modern consoles libraries in one place plus almost every game from past ones? Not to mention all the games exclusive to pc. That's ignoring all the maim benifits of an actual pc.

Terrible bait.

DaGwaphics

If you want to argue in favor of consoles use hardware prices. Especially post Covid. The water holds much better.

If you are cheap and lazy, consoles fit the bill. Says a cheap ass bastard that doesn't want to mess with finding the right game settings for the PC etc.

I just really never understood why or what's the point!! There was never something strongly suggested me to get a high budget PC for gaming. Just why on earth would a gamer spend so much money on a PC, when games with great graphics will be designed for console anyways? just for little graphical improvements that don't make any difference!! That's it!!

Anyways PC gamers your master race 3000$ PC will never have these games (at least not on release date)
Demon souls remake
God of war ragnorak
Returnal
Final fantasy 7 rebirth
Final fantasy 16
Horizon forbidden west
Spider man 2

It must be really useless being a PC gamer, it's like marrying a 10/10 girl that doesn't have a pussy.

By definition, there's always going to be more good old stuff than good new stuff. Emulation's always going to be the best on the PC. So the majority of good games are the best on the PC. PCs are so far and away the best platform for gaming that they'd still be the best even if contemporary games weren't released for them and all you had was emulators.

Consoles are great as long as you like buying bad ports/emulation of the same 10 games every generation.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.

Demon souls remake
God of war ragnorak
Returnal
Final fantasy 7 rebirth
Final fantasy 16
Horizon forbidden west
Spider man 2

DID YOU JUST INSULT
PC GAMING?!?!
Punch Beat Up GIF by BlocBoy JB

MiguelItUp

I'm really trying to figure out the point of this thread, lmao.

It's a personal preference, guess they're just not for you, and that's fine. They can be as expensive or as affordable as you want them to be. Really up to the person.

Foilz

Banned
Forget graphics and hardware in general. The #1 reason why PC gaming will ALWAYS be better than console gaming is because on PC games NEVER die. Look at counterstrike, look at human fall flat and it's 1000+ user made levels. The mods for every game ever made, the fan mad stuff. If it wasn't for the PC communities keeping games alive we wouldn't have alot of games that we have today .

nani17

are in a big trouble
The way things are going with Sony you will probably be able to play god of war and horizon. All Xbox games are launched day one one pc and if you want to you can play switch titles on your pc.

Mods like GTA FiveM are not possible on console are overall make the online experience 100 times better. Mods like Fallout London which is a completely new game for free also not possible for console. Backwards compatible never really an issue either. Modders even patch bugs the devs fail to do.

At the end of the day it's not out fault your poor.

Demon souls remake
God of war ragnorak
Returnal
Final fantasy 7 rebirth
Final fantasy 16
Horizon forbidden west
Spider man 2

What the hell are you even on about? Returnal is in SteamDB, Demon Souls Remake is a strong possibility in the semi-near future. FF16 is timed as is FF7 Rebirth. GoW is on Steam, Ragnarok will follow at some point, well after launch (year+). I wouldn't count Spiderman 2 out, either.
Are you warring because we have to 'wait'? If that's the case: :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: Some of us have backlogs, hundreds of games long, with some having thousands. Waiting isn't hard when you have enough content to last years.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Forget graphics and hardware in general. The #1 reason why PC gaming will ALWAYS be better than console gaming is because on PC games NEVER die. Look at counterstrike, look at human fall flat and it's 1000+ user made levels. The mods for every game ever made, the fan mad stuff. If it wasn't for the PC communities keeping games alive we wouldn't have alot of games that we have today .
HOLY SHIT, THIS
when it really comes down to it, games don't die as often on PC as they do on console. With console, a game BOOMS in popularity and after a while simmers down into obscurity
with PC, when a game BOOMS in popularity, it doesn't simmer down as hard. There's still a large community of people playing the game. You can see this with world of warcraft, TF2, Garry's mod, Halo, Doom 1993, Counter strike, etc. I think this has to do because of steam's social nature as opposed to Xbox and Playstation, as well as the modding community keeping games alive way after their expiration date. There's a better sense of community on PC and i'd happily pay the premium to get to engage more with people who are fans of the games i like.

Last edited:

OOGABOOGA

Banned
What's your evidence?? I have been playing uncharted 2 multiplayer right until Sony decided to shut down the servers and it was still active more than 10 years from its release date.

Last edited:

Rivet

I sometimes play on PC but it isn't attractive for me for multiple reasons :

- price has become ridiculous for the latest GPUs
- you don't get much more technically since nearly every game now runs at 60 fps on the new consoles with nearly the same settings. On screen, PC and console versions now look very similar.
- latest GPU takes far too much power. I don't want a space heater.
- I don't care about playing retro games 20 years later and I already have a Raspberry Pi with all the games I loved as a kid (I never use it) which cost nothing.
- too many cheaters in multiplayer games
- I want my AAA games day one, not months later (and I don't want to bother with the bad ports we get sometimes).
- I don't want to work on settings before launching a new game (GeForce experience improved that part though)

I like some pc exclusives though, like strategy games (they aren't really exclusives these days, but they play better with kb / M) , so I'll always have a somewhat outdated PC.

Overall, consoles fit my gaming needs a lot more. I doubt I'll upgrade my pc any time soon.

Now it's just my needs, other people will prefer PC and that's fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom