• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PCG] BF2042 subreddit mods threaten lockdown if 'toxicity' does not cease

Flutta

Banned
What bombed harder, this or GTA Trilogy remaster
Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

Robb

Gold Member
Why not just close it down at that point..?

I don’t really get the idea of threatening to close a forum down unless you get the response you want.

Seems like they should close it and be done with it.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Humans have always been retarded. It just that, we have now tools to show how dumb they are. I dont blame the corporate at all. Its the people who ruin stuff for themselves, that is the problem.

It always starts with small thing, then you get shit like this. Mtx started with small 0.99$ content, and now there is 99.99$ packs. People buying games day1, pre-orders and all kind of shit people are ok with, and you end up with shitty day products. Corporation is just making money from stupid people.

Blocking your kids access from these stuff, will make them fall for it. You need to teach them, not protect them. That is why this generation is stupid. They lived in a safe world, which their parents created for them.
I hear ya, they know full well how evil and manipulative these companies are, I'm not a kneejerk parent, I explain to them so that they understand why they can't have mobile phones or TV's in their bedrooms (they're still primary age kids btw) but you're up against parents who are dumb af and who let their kids have unlimited access to shite, I remember talking to a da at the gate awaiting our kids and he comes off with "I can hardly get him down for dinner as he's on all day playing COD with his mates" and it took all my reserve not to berate the fuck out of him... "You let your 8y.o. son play fucking call of duty in his bedroom with his mates all day and have to beg him to come down to eat his dinner??" Have a fucking smack you worthless sack of shit parent, instead I replied "kids eh" and walked away biting my tongue

Draugoth

Gold Member
I was banned yesterday from a sub eddit for asking help to one of the moderators.

That website suck balls. If they didnt want to be critiziced, then delay the fucking game.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Everyone could try out the game before launch, people knew exactly what thay're going into. The game might not be perfect technically-wise but it's faaar from the state recent BF games used to launch at either. The biggest issue is the design decisions DICE took that simply make the game not good, but like I said, you could test that in the open beta.

Maybe people will finally realize that more is not always better, and the series should go back to 32 playercount (which would be already way more than 8/10/12 other titles offer) with smaller but better designed maps and more vehicles per player.

Because sorry, I cannot fight the feeling that people who bitch about the game the most now are the exact same die-hard BF fanboys who were already sold on the game the monent they read there will be up to 128 players this time around, while it was obvious this move will bring a lot of complications in terms of the flow of the gameplay, and larger maps not only won't fix it but will bring their own set of issue instead.

Maybe if the game was next-gen-only the whole idea could've been executed differently, better, but it is what it is and it's too late to go back to the drawing boards and change the entire concept.

At this point EA's safest bet for the next entry is IMO simply to make a 1:1 remake of BC2/BF3/BF4, which can be done by any studio, because DICE is proving yet again they aren't able to make a good BF anymore.

Everyone could try out the game before launch, people knew exactly what thay're going into. The game might not be perfect technically-wise but it's faaar from the state recent BF games used to launch at either. The biggest issue is the design decisions DICE took that simply make the game not good, but like I said, you could test that in the open beta.

Maybe people will finally realize that more is not always better, and the series should go back to 32 playercount (which would be already way more than 8/10/12 other titles offer) with smaller but better designed maps and more vehicles per player.

Because sorry, I cannot fight the feeling that people who bitch about the game the most now are the exact same die-hard BF fanboys who were already sold on the game the monent they read there will be up to 128 players this time around, while it was obvious this move will bring a lot of complications in terms of the flow of the gameplay, and larger maps not only won't fix it but will bring their own set of issue instead.

Maybe if the game was next-gen-only the whole idea could've been executed differently, better, but it is what it is and it's too late to go back to the drawing boards and change the entire concept.

At this point EA's safest bet for the next entry is IMO simply to make a 1:1 remake of BC2/BF3/BF4, which can be done by any studio, because DICE is proving yet again they aren't able to make a good BF anymore.
It runs much deeper than that. The game problems are much more than the player count. Even with 32 players this game would still be trash and incomplete.

Flutta

Banned
Yes yes protect the thieves/con men. What a disgusting display by these so called mods. Hope people have learned by now not to buy games with the hope it’ll turn out to be good. Who am i kidding, sheep will always be sheep 🤣

Last edited:

TVexperto

read the employee reviews of DICE as a company, makes you fully understand why they think criticism is toxic.

it's unreal how they'd rather call the community toxic than to simply say "we know that the game has issues, this isn't the product we wanted to deliver and we are going to fix it." I really can't see how that would have anything but a positive impact on their profits and public perception. absolutely fucking mind boggling

Who is toxic? The customers voicing their unhappiness with an expensive AAA video game on a public forum?

Or the AAA company that ignores feedback, lies about the state of the game during beta, uses deceptive marketing, reduces features from previous games, launches and charges full price for a buggy and broken product, goes radio silent on vacation for a month after release, replaces popular game modes, responds on Twitter that the customers are wrong in their expectations, and pretending that they had no idea that customer would be unhappy with the direction of the game that is a total departure from what made this franchise great?

Fake

cormack12 cormack12

Their head of PR and the dude who caused the whole toxic community argument in the first place is literally an ex editor at Game Informer lol. He most definitely has the contents and ability to plant stories in gaming publications. Especially as all it really takes is one place to break a story and then the million other two-bit publications will copy the article and rejig the words a bit so it's their own piece.

And this same soft ass stance is the reason why certain features like voice chat and scoreboards arent in the game. Toxicity. Im so tired of these grown ass grey haired men in the industry acting like 8 yr old schoolgirls and always trying to simmer up empathy using the newest buzzwords. DO YOUR FUCKING JOB. You sold people a product at premium price. If the product isnt hitting with customers than YOU FUCKED UP. Point blank.

Getting continuously called out on the extremely poor state of the game is now considered "toxic" behavior.

Closing the subreddit would be the ultimate coward's move.
Couldn't someone else open a bf-2042 subreddit? Back in the days it was a true social media site.

In their current state"social media sites" control so much of their content they may as well be journals, with some accountability for what appears on them.

FUBARx89

I've enjoyed watching the subreddit going wild. I enjoyed the responses to the thread threatening to lock the sub aswell.

I've seen some people hoping they'll turn it around ala Battlefront 2. But they won't. The difference there was the house of mouse was involved.

I wonder if anyone over at DICE is actually getting their arses kicked for the shit show they've put out.

Bragr

Banned
What did McNamara tweet and delete?

DICE is wrong, of course, but people are also overreacting to the point of absurdity.

Jaybe

These publishers and developers love the concept of community engagement but never put the thought into the fallout if they release hot garbage. Then they pull the victim card. Release quality. That’s the lesson. Sure Internet forums can get toxic, it’s the nature of anonymity and in Reddit’s case their upvote point system, but a quality mod team should be able to manage this.

DaGwaphics

Look at the bottom comment in blue.

A lot of video game problems would disappear if gaming was like 99% of other things you buy in life.... if it sucks you can return it for your money back. No different than a shitty box of stale cereal or a microwave that barely works. Stores and manufacturers are willing to give money back. And even worse it's physical goods. So in all likelihood the manufacturer will toss it in the garbage for a loss when the store sends it back to them. Only in some cases, a company will go through the hassle of refurbing it and reselling it again to bargain stores at 40% off.

But game companies know most of the time, once a gamer buys it they are stuck with it unless they can get a digital refund back or pray the customer service clerk at Walmart is new and will accept an open case game for refund. So most times you got no choice but to wait it out hoping it gets fixed months later. Some will fix it, some wont. But either way they got your money.

Gamers: "Game has tons of issues at launch. Bad lag, bugs, freezes, missing content/UI from the last game"

Dev: "Oh really? We didn't notice any issues during development..... oh wait, maybe we kinda did because there's a day one patch. As for issues not in the patch, I guess everyone in QA missed it, but you gamers are so great you noticed them. We'll work on fixing it as soon as we figure out what the cause is because we didn't notice any freezes or bad hit boxes the past 3 years"

This is why I don't do day one (unless it's GP). Wait a few months and you'll have a better idea of what X game is worth to you.

But the redditors criticising Halo Infinite for having barebones features and the entirety of customization options locked behind a paywall are in the wrong, right? That’s the line?

Luipadre

People were ready to fall in love with the franchise again even after the fucked up BFV launch and what they do? They fuck things up even harder. I had my fun with the game but after many many hours i have no desire to log in anymore. Im gonna check out the patches but if they seriously want this shit to turn around, they probably need a year or even more

FrozenFlame

I fall in love with gaming media.

b45rscofzba81.jpg
I mean, it makes sense they would report it like that. Games journalism has been using the same technique for years now, any criticism of their moronic articles are met with the "toxic gamers/gamergators" accusation. Nowadays, it's all about discrediting the person instead of responding to the criticism.

Crew511A

But the redditors criticising Halo Infinite for having barebones features and the entirety of customization options locked behind a paywall are in the wrong, right? That’s the line?

343 actually made an effort to add the features in. Also, Halo Infinite isn't a buggy mess. The only real complaint I have right now is BTB being down. Wish they'd adapt an unlocking style like the MCC, but this is what comes with the F2P model.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
It's been two months. BF2042 isn't going to become what people want it to become because that's not how things work at EA.
This isn't a small independent team like Hello Games on No Man's Sky or a fully committed publisher+dev like CDProjekt on CP2077.

EA didn't let Maxis turn SimCity into a good game, they didn't let Bioware improve Mass Effect Andromeda, and they kept the same attitude when they cancelled Anthem 2.0.
When a game of theirs goes south, they cut the losses and move on to the next blockbuster-wannabee.

How about people just stop bothering DICE with complaints. This game isn't going anywhere and DICE has already been demoted to a support studio anyways.

ultrazilla

As many have said before, how the hell can DICE/EA continually launch BROKEN Battlefield games at this point? If anything, their launches should be relatively smooth and reasonably trouble free.

But nah, EA and DICE just have to find a way to somehow just totally fucking blow it. Then they have the nuts to start blaming paying fans for expecting a decently polished Battlefield experience after all these
years of releases? WHAT IN THE FUCK IS GOING ON OVER THERE?

Oh and they can go wank on their nubs with their "Battlefield Hero Shooter" aka "Apex Battlefield Fortnite Pug G" cookie cutter game. It won't be Battlefield but merely a rotting corpse of what once was a fun I.P.

V4skunk

Banned
2042 is shit.
The only good feature is 128 player.
Most of the vehicles are generic models for each team instead of being unique like the mbt and aircraft.
Hardly any weapons and unlocks.
No server browser or private servers.
BF renown classes removed.
Destruction based gameplay not improved on since BF3.
Sandbox features removed more and more each game. Like spawn camping main base and vehicles spawning on a map instead of in a menu.

twilo99

No it wasn't.
It started out as something with good intentions. One of the owners was a free speech absolutist.
Another co owner sold it out and it became a hollow, corrupt, corporate interest.

Now it's a detestable shill hole that holds nothing of value.

Yea it rather sad.. ever since it changed ownership, it also became very political, heavy lean towards the left of course.

Top Bottom