• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCSX2: "Slightly late to the party, but we officially reach menus on all games except one"

MrFunSocks

Banned
Great milestone to hit.

At this stage I feel PS2 emulation (and everything up to then apart from Xbox) has been more than good enough for years. Where we need the big progress is Xbox, 360, and PS3.

Last edited:

Teslerum

Great milestone to hit.

At this stage I feel PS2 emulation (and everything up to then apart from Xbox) has been more than good enough for years. Where we need the big progress is Xbox, 360, and PS3.
There's still a lot to do and the last few years (while having quite a bit of accuracy improvements) were spent mostly in cleaning up the codebase. Those are different teams anyway, so PS2 development hardly hinders PS3 development.

The only system where that's really the case is 3DS, because Citra is the only active 3DS emulator and the Citra devs are working on Yuzu (Switch)

MrFunSocks

Banned
There's still a lot to do and the last few years (while having quite a bit of accuracy improvements) were spent mostly in cleaning up the codebase. Those are different teams anyway, so PS2 development hardly hinders PS3 development.

The only system where that's really the case is 3DS, because Citra is the only active 3DS emulator and the Citra devs are working on Yuzu (Switch)
Yeah I wasn't saying that working on PS2 takes away from PS3 or anything like that. Separate comments. 1. PS2 emulation has been almost perfect for years. 2. We need better Xbox, 360, and PS3 emulation.

Top Bottom