• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peacemaker |OT| Give Peace a Chance

trikster40

I got Murn:

l6uuOSy.png

Lol I got the same (and it’s surprisingly accurate)

ManaByte

James Gunn addresses those cameos.

So what was the conversation with DC like about bringing in the Justice League on the show?

Um, you know, I didn’t have a conversation. I just wrote it and gave them the scripts. I don’t think they really realized what they had agreed to until they saw what I had shot, which was the Justice League there. And then I think the full weight of it and, you know, what does this mean for the DCU and all of that became huge pieces of conversation up to the very highest levels of Warners. And to their credit, they let me get away with it.

When did Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller come in and shoot their cameos?

I think before we ever shot the show, we talked to Jason about it. We were like, “Listen, [Peacemaker] says you fuck fish all the time.” And we were a little afraid he would be upset, but he just laughed. He was cool. So he was pretty much on board from the beginning. And then Ezra I just found out through some common friends liked my movies a lot. And so I asked if he would come in and shoot this scene, and he kindly agreed to do that. Actually, Marvel shot [Ezra] for us, while we’re shooting “Guardians Vol. 3.”

Oh wow!

Yeah, but I mean, Marvel owed DC, because the “Peacemaker” crew shot my screen test for Chukwudi for “Guardians Vol. 3.” And then we got Ezra with the “Guardians Vol. 3” crew.

Was there any conversation about including Gal Gadot or Henry Cavill?

I don’t really think so. I really thought it was going to be just Jason. And Ezra was more like the extra thing because I found that he was interested in doing it.

Why weren’t Batman and Cyborg in the group?

You know, I don’t know what I can — there are reasons for it, but I’m actually uncertain whether I can say what those reasons are. It might have to do with future stuff.

I assume what he can't talk about is:
Keaton replacing Affleck after The Flash and Ray Fisher going back to his home planet for going to Twitter war against WB.

jadedm17

That was great.
I loved
dye beard admitting why his beard was dyed, and Peacemaker connecting emotionally
So much fun, very excited for Guardians 3 now - and of course Peacemaker's season two renewel

McCheese

I thought James Gunn was going to go completely madlad and kill his girlfriend on screen so was disappointed by the very end when she miraculously survived being shot multiple times.

Good show, wrapped the plot up nicely so they could go anywhere with it next season.

ManaByte

There's one segment of the fan base that are going full holy war over the cameos.

You'd think they'd be happy that it looks like Cavill is sticking around, but noooo. Because there's friendly banter they're upset that the characters aren't yelling at each other in angst.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Just finished and man that was awesome. That cameo was unexpected and hilarious for fans of all these comic shows and movies.

I was really surprised by Cena. Him and Gunn really delivered a fun show that made me care about the douchebag asshole from Suicide Squad.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Just finished and man that was awesome. That cameo was unexpected and hilarious for fans of all these comic shows and movies.

I was really surprised by Cena. Him and Gunn really delivered a fun show that made me care about the douchebag asshole from Suicide Squad.

The Suicide Squad and this are the first things Cena has acted in that he's really good in.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
ManaByte ManaByte still n°1 for denigrating people as I see.

Anyway, looks like Batfleck and Cyborg were supposed to appear

FL-ioqJVgAsaWwO

Still sad they didn't get Cavill just like with Shazam but oh well.

Doom85

The Suicide Squad and this are the first things Cena has acted in that he's really good in.

I thought he was okay in Bumblebee. I forgot what it’s called, but there was a (romantic?) comedy film some years back he was in that people said he was funny in. While I haven’t seen Peacemaker yet as I don’t have HBO Max at the moment, he was fantastic in Suicide Squad, just another element that helped make it my favorite movie of last year.

And from what I heard, he’s a really great guy in person, I heard once he‘s one of the highest in terms of celebrities doing Make A Wish requests for fans. So kudos to the guy continuing to find success.

ManaByte

I thought James Gunn was going to go completely madlad and kill his girlfriend on screen so was disappointed by the very end when she miraculously survived being shot multiple times.

Good show, wrapped the plot up nicely so they could go anywhere with it next season.
He put a ring on it.

Duellist

The sound track for this series kicks all sorts of ass! Love all the old hair metal references. Found a couple of new bands also like dynazty and sister sin. 🤘

Last edited:

Dural

I binged the last four episodes over the weekend. The "twist" ending
with Goff saying the butterflies were saving humanity from themselves was garbage and pure cringe. Also, what's going to happen to all the people that have butterflies in them when the food runs out? They all just die? From the one episode that showed how many there were, millions will just fall over dead at the same time?
Overall I enjoyed the show, especially Vigilante and Eagley, and will tune in for the second season

DKehoe

Gold Member
I binged the last four episodes over the weekend. The "twist" ending
with Goff saying the butterflies were saving humanity from themselves was garbage and pure cringe. Also, what's going to happen to all the people that have butterflies in them when the food runs out? They all just die? From the one episode that showed how many there were, millions will just fall over dead at the same time?
Overall I enjoyed the show, especially Vigilante and Eagley, and will tune in for the second season
With that twist I took it to be about

Peacemaker learning that peace at any cost, which had been his driving motivation, isn't a goal worth pursuing. The butterflies wanted to "save" Earth by taking away people's choice and he rejected that.

Dural

With that twist I took it to be about

Peacemaker learning that peace at any cost, which had been his driving motivation, isn't a goal worth pursuing. The butterflies wanted to "save" Earth by taking away people's choice and he rejected that.

I'd like to believe that, but James Gunn did an interview about it and it's as shallow as you'd think.

Top Bottom