• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pedro Pascal Is Reportedly Making a Lot of Money in The Last of Us HBO TV Show

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
One of the top actors in Hollywood and deserves the money. Last of Us is good but we gotta make sure there's a Mandalorian season 3.

TheKratos

Yea i liked his movies, but from what i hear they where considered a flop.

Pedro basically because of mandalorian and his appearance in games of thrones is pretty hot stuff to get into your series. That's why he's getting paid that much probably.
Considered a flop? I'm sorry what? Dude starred in one of the highest grossing movies. Admittedly he only became a big name after wearing the red cape though.

Also really surprised Henry Cavill 'only' made $400k an episode for The Witcher, to say he's pretty much a B level movie star, and a much bigger name than the likes of Pedro.
In what world is Henry a bigger name than Pedro? I cant stop seeing Pedro everywhere. And he keeps being involved in hit show after hit show. I can see Disney paying him more just so he doesnt book any movies.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In the interview that consisted of 11 questions which mostly covered topics on Pascal’s character in The Mandalorian and how if he wasn’t an actor he’d probably still be a “Chilean problem child”, he also went into some detail on his character as Joel in HBO’s The Last of Us.

When asked about what is next for his career, Pascal discussed his excitement in playing Joel in the TV adaption of The Last of Us. “Shooting has already started and it’s so much fun and something completely new for me and a great opportunity to show my fans a different side to me.”

The interviewer posed Pascal with the question that is the expectations of the fans a huge burden for the TV adaption? Pascal replied “I think the adaption is more than capable of competing with the game. I have absolutely no doubts that we will not disappoint fans and new viewers.”

On a side note I have no problem with the casting of the last of us, but does anyone know why they went the Latin American route rather than casting actors from Texas?

Yoboman

I think its great when these struggling actors hit it big in their 30s or 40s

Game of Thrones seemed to do that for alot of actors

JCK75

I don't understand why he's famous at all.. he's about as subpar as they come.. I mean I watch the Mandalorian but you could replace him with literally anyone and I'd never notice... and don't even get me started in what a cluster he was in WW84.

It's still impressive as hell how each one of the 6 Friends actors were getting 1M per episode by the end. That's 6M spent each episode for the main cast alone. 108M to pay the entire main cast for the last season...in 2004.

Fbh

Good for him.
He's annoying as hell as a person, but I like him as an actor.

On a side note I have no problem with the casting of the last of us, but does anyone know why they went the Latin American route rather than casting actors from Texas?

Diversity points.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's still impressive as hell how each one of the 6 Friends actors were getting 1M per episode by the end. That's 6M spent each episode for the main cast alone. 108M to pay the entire main cast for the last season...in 2004.
Friends makes $1 billion from syndication EVERY YEAR.

Friends makes $1 billion from syndication EVERY YEAR.
I'm not surprised. It IS the biggest sitcom ever and since Generation Z basically discovered it and started consuming it a lot on every streaming service that's available only made the show even bigger.
Those 6 actors could've stopped working after 2004 and they'd be set for life.

Hari Seldon

I mean shows back then had WAAAAAAAAAAAY more viewers.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'm not surprised. It IS the biggest sitcom ever and since Generation Z basically discovered it and started consuming it a lot on every streaming service that's available only made the show even bigger.
Those 6 actors could've stopped working after 2004 and they'd be set for life.
Yeah, I was just pointing out that even at $1 million per episode per actor, it was really pennies compared to what they made back then and still continue to make today.

I remember reading how Larry David made half a billion from Seinfeld and its syndication. And that was before the streaming wars. TV has always been a big money maker due to syndication.

$6 million for Pascal without any backend royalty deals is nothing really. I dont know if HBO still sells their shows, but I remember Sopranos going to AMC because of that hilarious MadTV skit.

Last edited:

Futaleufu

I'm not sure giving 1 million per episode to Matthew Perry was a good idea

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Pascal is an excellent actor. I think he will make a good joel for the season he is a worthwhile character. Season 2 will be the wokest thing ever made for TV. Even Queer Eye gonna cringe.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I love Cavill, but relative to Pedro, he is still a b list actor. This may change depending on the Witcher's success.
Thems fighting words.
anigif_sub-buzz-5197-1532975932-1.gif

JeffG

Well what do you know. I was in Canmore when they were filming this. Didn't realize it was the Last of Us. We "heard" it was just some zombie movie.

Top Bottom