• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PeerGuardian

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Ok, let me ask another question. How well does it work? It says it has like a bajillion IPs blocked when I load it up.

bionic77

shuri said:
Totally worthless. Ask Demon J, he works for the compagnies "blocked" by this app

Yeah that is what I thought. Oh well, I am not that worried. I barely dl copyrighted material, usually only get TV shows that I missed (easier then taping them). Someone needs to make something like bittorrent for movies though, much easier to dl a movie then rent it (for the extremely lazy).

PeerGuardian is worthless. Put simply, as long as you're not sharing anything, you're fine. Participate in eDonkey or BitTorrent (especially the latter), and your IP address is very easily snagged.

bionic77

DJ Demon J said:
PeerGuardian is worthless. Put simply, as long as you're not sharing anything, you're fine. Participate in eDonkey or BitTorrent (especially the latter), and your IP address is very easily snagged.

Yeah I know that so far they are only going after the sharers. I don't really pirate stuff either, I just sometimes download movies before I can buy them on dvd because I am impatient. I am just worried that one day Comcast will drop my connection for downloading the Bourne Supremacy screener in a few weeks because I just can't wait for the dvd. LOL. somehow I don't think the MPAA would believe me though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom