• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People who aren't into fighting games: Are you planning to try Street Fighhter 6?

For those new to fighting games, will you try Street fighter 6?

• Yes

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 53.7%
  • I'm not new to fighting games, I'll check it out

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • I'm not new to fighting games, I won't check it out

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 7.4%

• Total voters

kicker

Banned
The marketing for this game has been insanely forceful.
It really seems like they threw everything at the wall in terms of both marketing and helpful on-boarding features designed to get as many new players as possible into the game.

The president of capcom outright said they expect SF6 to have lifetime sales of 10 million copies since Resident evil and Monster hunter are already pushing those numbers, and SFV had lifetime sales at 7 million
Over the past few years, multiple titles in the Resident Evil series have sold 10 million copies, and the Monster Hunter series now has titles that are aiming for 20 million copies.

“Street Fighter V has already sold over 7 million copies, so if we can make use of our digital sales experience, we should be able to aim for 10 million copies with the next game.

It's out next week, so I want to see what the mood is like for potential new players

Ar¢tos

No. As hot as "new" Zangief looks, it's still not enough to get me to play a fighting game.
I no longer have the reflexes I had when I was a kid. I'll stick to slow combat games like "souls".

ZoukGalaxy

The art style only is enough to say a confident "nope".

Im Not No Way GIF

Last edited:

Lupin25

I didn’t play the demo, but didn’t hear good results about controls & hit detection..

The lack of hype for it compared MK12 & Tekken 8 is kind of telling. I’m waiting to see more of those.

Fake

Unfortunately no, especially the huge amount of games coming out this year.

My fun for Fighting games mostly comes from watching professional tournaments like EVO.

For me there are fighting games like the new Granblue Versus and Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkachi 4.

I do like EVO tournaments, but without games with automatic combos/smashing buttons.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Nope. Dated franchise. No innovation. They want to be treated like a sports game franchise with little to no changes game after game then fine by me, I wont touch them with a ten foot pole.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I do like EVO tournaments,
I love the mind games how they have to predict their opponents movements, It fun and also the Fighting game needs to have good in-game animations, this is why I just cant stand watching MK games because its has horrible in-game animations. The only good animation in MK is its fatalities but in tournaments they just skip that because they want to get right back to the fight, so all you left with is those bad animations.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
I grew up on fighting games, but for the life of me I cannot get into them any more. It's not a skill gap issue, because I have the ability to still learn combos, they just don't look fun to play now. This does have a lot of systems catering to a casual crowd, but in some ways so did Guilty Gear Strive.

I will try Garou 2 tho for nostalgia.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I used to be a hardcore fighter junkie in my youth to teens. From SF to MK to SS, to SC, Tekken, and KoF, and everything in between, Even Eternal Champions and Primal Rage jank.

Stopped caring for them the past 20 years or so.

May give MK1 a look, depending on how much they butcher the fits/skins with current year clownshows.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Played the demo, that was enough for me. I haven't cared about fighting games in many years, but I though maybe the story or adventure or whatever they're calling it might be interesting, but instead it was deeply stupid and cringe. Someday a fighting game might capture my interest again, but it's not gonna be this one, or the newest MK or Tekken or whatever.

Azurro

Banned
Depends on how good the single player portion is. That's the only reason I still get the MK games, I am not interested in the competitive side of it, at all.

Impotaku

Can't wait to see how capcom nickle & dime people in this new version. Gonna guess you buy credits to be able to play a match or maybe to pay for each special move you use. As for will i play, lol hell no i got bored with sf back in the alpha days.

Fbh

Nah.
It's nice that they are expanding the single player aspect of it but it just doesn't look particularly compelling to me.
The various ugly art styles they've decided to stick with since the jump to 3D don't help either

If I check out any fighting game this year it will probably be MK1.

e0n

It's more than likely going to be 10+ million since MK11 already passed that and it's crossgen with xbox. It's also going to drop off as it usually does once people realize they don't want to invest the time getting past bronze-silver rank.

Saber

Gold Member
Huge no

Alot of strange ideas(like who the fuck plays a fighting game to use a CyC? Sounds just like Sonic Forces) and weird/ugly character concepts. Sounds as if someone is afraid to appeal its fanbase, so they throw everything on the wall and see what sticks. Not to mention its music...blerg.

Despite almost never touching Tekken, their gameplay videos are better and more charming. It really feels like they know whos the target. I would totally give a chance to Tekken.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I was mildly into Injustice 2 and MK11....wildly different heroes, villains, and crazy characters.....but SF6 just looks blah!

Rush2112

Banned
No and I will explain: Fighting games are terrible at AI. Theyre only good if you plan to pvp which I do not.

Pejo

I'll buy it when it's got more content and characters in a year or 2. Launch cast ain't doing it for me, and I dislike the art/visual style which is like 40% of what I usually like about fighting games.

Granblue VS Rising and maybe Tekken for me this year.

dcx4610

Used to be obsessed with SF/MK as a teen but kinda fell out of interest when arcades died. I don't get satisfcation playing people online and it's gotten way too complicated. I still have a soft spot for those games but I really can't stand the art style Street Fighter has went with since part 4. I'm sure I'll play it eventually but mostly just to play through the game with a few characters but not play it seriously.

I loved the art direction of SF3 and wish they would have kept with that style instead.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Yeah...everyone wants a change at that money!

I am sure WB and NAMCOT will also have giant e-sports competitions with insane money payouts for their games....oh wait. No...they won't. They are next gen only games.

Well...I am sure it's going to be fine.

VBkpBF1.jpg

nikos

I actually just bought it and I'm really excited for it. I've loved every SF except SFV and have had fun with each of SF6's betas so far.

Last edited:

Killer8

Tried it, hated it. Not a fan of fighting games. Some of the moves in the tutorial were very poorly explained. Was it the air cancel or whatever - that shit took me a good 5 minutes to figure out the button combination on the controller.

I like Smash and at most i'll grab Tekken 8 since I grew up with the series.

I played SF2 and SF 3rd Strike religiously growing up. I was ok with SFIV, but the series lost me at SFV. I love 2d fighters and glad we still have Guilty Gear, it's a lot of fun. Not going to bother with SF6 unless it's in a pc bundle for $10 with all characters included.

Last edited:

Labolas

Long time fg player here. The visual style and design choices are a big red flag for me. It's not something I really like or is my style. I dislike most of the new cast. The World Tour mode looks goofy as shit but could be fun. The music is mostly a miss for me. Outside that, it's still Street Fighter at its core and still could be fun at any level. So I'll most likely try it out at some point.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I’m what you would cal a single player fighting game fanatic. Aka weirdo…
I like to play then if the content is there for SP.

I love MK and SF though SF2 CE is still the best.. 😎

Top Bottom