• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People who aren't into fighting games: Are you planning to try Street Fighhter 6?

For those new to fighting games, will you try Street fighter 6?

• Yes

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 53.7%
  • I'm not new to fighting games, I'll check it out

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • I'm not new to fighting games, I won't check it out

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 7.4%

• Total voters

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I am into fighting games (got my Plats for Tekken 7, MK11, Soul Calibur 6, hell even SNK Heroines!) but never really got into Street Fighter....but this. Looks sick.

-Battle Hub is a genius concept. You create your avatar, can explore and meet people, create groups of fellow minded players, play old arcade games in co-op too! And fight!

-Fighting Ground has everything SFV didn't at launch (I do own that game but never got into it), from Arcade stories from the get go, team battles, Ranked Matches and Casual Matches.

-World Tour is for once a big single player mode for a SF game that feels like a beat'em up RPG with learning new skills and eating new foods for permanent boosts. Shit it's like a big world-wide 3D River City Ransom! I mean how cool is that?

-Top tier AI that big names from the fighting game world from Justin Wong to Maximilian Dood said is like....the first actually good AI in a fighting game. Because it reacts like a human, can make mistakes, will bait you, learn from you, adapt to you....like a person would. At even better, the hardest setting AI is like an EVO champ flat out and you can for once learn how to better play as or against certain characters by studying them and their combos and set-ups. And to me that's the biggest thing.

-Everybody is united from PS4/5, to XBox Series to Steam...One big player base to meet and defeat or get murdered by!

Last edited:

yurinka

I'm a SF fan, I'd have prefered a more animeish artstyle and another OST but love anything else, I'll be there day one.

How am I supposed to take a fighting game seriously that defaults to a 30 fps mode?
The fighting game part only has 60fps gameplay in all platforms.

That default is only for an extra story game mode to learn and practice some basic stuff. And that default was for the demo, we don't know what is going to be in the final game.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
I'm a SF fan, I'd have prefered a more animeish artstyle and another OST but love anything else, I'll be there day one.

The fighting game part only has 60fps gameplay in all platforms.

That default is only for an extra story game mode to learn and practice some basic stuff. And that default was for the demo, we don't know what is going to be in the final game.

That's good - I tried the demo and quit after the first fight because of that. If word of mouth is REALLY good for the single player content I'll get it, but I haven't been in to SF since the arcades really (and even then I vastly preferred Marvel vs Capcom, probably even World Hereos or whatever SNK was out then, or even better Killer Instinct over SF).

Last edited:

yurinka

That's good - I tried the demo and quit after the first fight because of that. If word of mouth is REALLY good for the single player content I'll get it, but I haven't been in to SF since the arcades really (and even then I vastly preferred Marvel vs Capcom, probably even World Hereos or whatever SNK was out then, or even better Killer Instinct over SF).
The game is set chronologically after SF3 and has many homages to previous games like SF1, Final Fight or SF3 to name a few of them.

phant0m

if the SP/Story Mode is well recieved I'll pick it up. Loved MK11's. I only play multiplayer locally and don't get a ton of opportunity to.... you online motherfuckers are way too try hard.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
if the SP/Story Mode is well recieved I'll pick it up. Loved MK11's. I only play multiplayer locally and don't get a ton of opportunity to.... you online motherfuckers are way too try hard.
Dude I suck at fighting games and platinumed most of those released recently. Just try the online. I was dreading the trophy for winning an online tournament in Tekken 7 and I did it in one try. And I SUCK! Plus SF6 has the Modern controls that really simplify things for anyone new.

The reason I used to buy fighting games on PS1 and PS2 were because of the added content and campaign modes. I still consider Tobal No 1, Rival Schools, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Tekken 4, Virtua Fighter 4, MK Deception, Smash Bros Brawl, and Soul Calibur 2 to be some of the best examples of how to do this type of content in the best way possible.

For some reason, these extra modes were slowly stripped out of these franchises once the PS3/360 generation came along. Less and less games had campaigns and cool bonus features aside from an anime fighters here and there like DB Xenoverse and Naruto UNS.

I’m saying all of this to say that yes, I’m highly interested in SF6 because of all of the extra features they’ve been showing. Even though it looks rough around the edges, that same roughness gives me that PS1/PS2 gen feeling of just playing a really fun feature-packed fighting game where the devs just wanted to add stuff so the player had fun.

So as someone who doesn’t frequent fighting games, while I think the new MK will probably be the best looking game, so far SF6 looks like the most fun one. That’s all I really want at the end of the day.

GymWolf

I'm not into fighting games anymore and i kinda hate most of the characters design i saw for sf6, so probably no.

kicker

Banned
Welp.

Looks like Capcom's marketing department has failed to entice new players. At least on neogaf anyway

Not new to fighting games but wouldn't really call myself a fan of them. Played fighting game since my early days of gaming and tried SF5 but it's not for me. Not interested in SF6.

I don't see why they needed a new title and couldn't improve SF5? Again I 'm not a big fighter fan so what do I know.

SeraphJan

I used to participate in tournament for games such as Tekken 5/6, MvC3, SF4, now I just play them casually, it require too much time

TrebleShot

I’m not into fighting games too much except maybe MK but I tried the demo and it was proper proper trash like absolutely shocking stuff and I was initially interested. Can’t believe they charge full price

Drizzlehell

Banned
No.

The only time I ever enjoyed fighting games was when I was playing them with my brother and our friends during couch gaming sessions with some beers and snacks, but those are ancient times and it's not possible anymore. Playing them solo feels pointless to me and I'm not nearly good enough to go online. I would only get my ass whooped.

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
My brother intends to give it a try when the Championship Edition with Akuma included comes out. Not sure which suckers are going to go for the early access release.

Top Bottom