• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People Who Put Photos of Themselves in Their Email Signature are Psychopaths

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Prove me wrong.

478397.jpg
Maiden Voyage, Sr. Shitposter | Neogaf.com | Ph: 867-5309

Thaedolus

Gold Member
WTF is this? We’ve been encouraged to add photos to our MS account bubble things for Teams meetings, and I “haven’t gotten around to it,” but your email signature? Never seen it.

The one guy I work with I think might be an actual psychopath put his initials in the bubble image thing. Not just the letters but like...he designed a stylized SC together and made that his little avatar thing. If I stop posting abruptly someday it’s probably because he got sick of things and took matters into his own hands

Ornlu

Banned
People who use email signatures in general usually get the eyeroll from me; especially when the sig has a paragraph of corporate non-words underneath their name/title.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
WTF is this? We’ve been encouraged to add photos to our MS account bubble things for Teams meetings, and I “haven’t gotten around to it,” but your email signature? Never seen it.

The one guy I work with I think might be an actual psychopath put his initials in the bubble image thing. Not just the letters but like...he designed a stylized SC together and made that his little avatar thing. If I stop posting abruptly someday it’s probably because he got sick of things and took matters into his own hands

I just use a professional headshot for Teams & internal stuff.

I've seen the same for the initials. The other thing I see that is dumb is just random pics of stuff. One person has a dragon avatar on Teams.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
People who use email signatures in general usually get the eyeroll from me; especially when the sig has a paragraph of corporate non-words underneath their name/title.

I deal with salesmen so them having their phone & email in the sig is handy. I don't need to know what they look like. If I did, I would go search them on LinkedIn.

The corpo garbage is always interesting to me because it's like an unenforceable TOS.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I always have a chuckle when I see the ultra-catfishy picture a lady at my work uses on teams.
Seriously. I see so many Tinder-esque profile pics it blows my mind. Like, that dude in accounting isn't going to fuck you behind your husband's back, lady.

I used to set the pics up in SharePoint for our companies intranet and Outlook and there was always some cunt who had to replace my carefully edited B/W mood shots with a low Res "HEY LOOK AT ME! IM ON A MOUNTAIN AND IN COLOUR!".

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've only ever seen this in "cold call" emails from sales people. I agree that they are probably psycopaths.

dr_octagon

Banned
Hey poster,

I saw your ah-mazing comments and thought it would be a super opportunity to collaborate. We should grab a coffee, a virtual one for now!

Kind retards

Doc Ock PhD, MBA, MSc, PoS, SoB, Cnt,
(pronounced 'duck oh-kh')
(pronouns 'doctor, who')

2020 Finalist for person most likely to not achieve 1st place.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I've only ever seen this in "cold call" emails from sales people. I agree that they are probably psycopaths.
My favorite is these fucks send me emails like I’m the head of ops at some facility on the other side of the country because some bot found me on LinkedIn and they put together that first initial + last name is how our email addresses work. “Hey (full name that nobody calls me), are you the right person to talk to about CRM software?”

Ignore.

“Hey (full name that nobody calls me) it’s been a minute since I’ve heard from you....”

EAT A DICK

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
In my experience, the only people that can get away with not having email signatures are executive level management who send 10 word emails from their phones with terrible grammar and punctuation. Once you’re the boss you get to stop caring I guess?

I’ve also had jobs where we had to have our picture in the signature because we only dealt with clients in person once every 12-18 months. In other jobs, it was mostly salesmen that did the photo thing.

I never did put that weird legalese garbage at the bottom of the email that is random nonsense about confidentiality and that you MUST destroy it if it’s sent to the wrong person or whatever. I’ve only ever seen people that are over 50 use that.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I would not ad my photo to an email, it would distract people. I also have a bunch of corporate stuff that have to be in my messages.

Top Bottom