• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show

eddie4

Genuinely Generous

The Call | Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show OFFICIAL TRAILER​

This gon be good.

"“The Call” features Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, and Kendrick Lamar for an epic Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show"

I've only watched the Super Bowl for the commercials, this time I'll catch the halftime show as well.

Last edited:

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Have your finger on the BLEEP button if you are broadcasting it.
seth rogen film GIF

MadAnon

How can anyone handle the abomination that is American football? No, not the game itself, but the way it's presented. I thought the NBA is bad but then I tried to watch an NFL game out of curiosity, I wasn't able to handle it for more than one quarter. There are more commercials than playing time. Every little interruption is used to throw ads at you. The game is fucking unwatchable because of that, no flow whatsoever. It feels like you are watching ads with some sport interrupting your "experience".

Fucking unbearable, puke inducing garbage. I admire anyone who is able to put up with that kind of viewing experience.

Last edited:

NickFire

How can anyone handle the abomination that is American football? No, not the game itself, but the way it's presented. I thought the NBA is bad but then I tried to watch an NFL game out of curiosity, I wasn't able to handle it for more than one quarter. There are more commercials than playing time. Every little interruption is used to throw ads at you. The game is fucking unwatchable because of that, no flow whatsoever. It feels like you are watching ads with some sport interrupting your "experience".

Fucking unbearable, puke inducing garbage. I admire anyone who is able to put up with that kind of viewing experience.
Commercials are vital grabbing beers and peeing, or taking puffs and getting snacks, or both.

I just start most sports on a delay and fast forward through commercials

Tuff McNutt

Commercials are vital grabbing beers and peeing, or taking puffs and getting snacks, or both.
Pretty much. But I agree with the original sentiment and it's definitely gotten worse over the past few years. Literally any stoppage in play gets thrown to a commercial. The night games are particularly terrible about this. It doesn't help they play the same ones over and over. I'm good with never seeing Kate McKinnon ever again. Who thought she would be appealing to a football audience?

NickFire

Pretty much. But I agree with the original sentiment and it's definitely gotten worse over the past few years. Literally any stoppage in play gets thrown to a commercial. The night games are particularly terrible about this. It doesn't help they play the same ones over and over. I'm good with never seeing Kate McKinnon ever again. Who thought she would be appealing to a football audience?
I agree there are too many commercials, but so many that someone can't make it through a quarter? I think they just don't like football (American kind).

soooooo down for this, but i think its going to be very polarizing/ostracizing for a lot of the audiences at home.

rap/hip hop is a very unique music imo. more average listeners could casually hear funk/pop/rock and not get turned off to it, where as, raps gonna come on and if you're not down with it, youre going to change the channel quick.

anyways, wonder if there will be any cameos.

fingers crossed for Em and Lamar doing Love Game tho.

Last edited:

Saiyu

In the UK they cut to a studio team more than adverts so it's always a shock when I watch American streams.

MadAnon

I agree there are too many commercials, but so many that someone can't make it through a quarter? I think they just don't like football (American kind).
You need a snack every minute? Be honest, it's not the reason it's like that. I can only imagine how a football (soccer) match would look like if they cut to a commercial everytime there was a free kick, penalty you name it. I'm pretty much NBA nerd and sometimes I'm close to smashing screen because of the amount of commercials. And NFL game felt x10 worse. I guess as an american it's normal to you, afterall during Superbowl commercials are actually big reason why many watch it. For me - european, it's just unbearable.

NickFire

You need a snack every minute? Be honest, it's not the reason it's like that. I can only imagine how a football (soccer) match would look like if they cut to a commercial everytime there was a free kick, penalty you name it. I'm pretty much NBA nerd and sometimes I'm close to smashing screen because of the amount of commercials. And NFL game felt x10 worse. I guess as an american it's normal to you, afterall during Superbowl commercials are actually big reason why many watch it. For me - european, it's just unbearable.
You're 100% right that the commercial breaks are ridiculous. I recommend you give Redzone a try next season if you're genuinely interested in the game. It is basically the fantasy football channel. It cuts to every game depending on who is in scoring range / just scored. And there are no commercials.

usctrojan

sweet gunna vibe on those pretend not hooked up instruments and lip syncing. i love large choreographed dances more than anything!!1

Cyberpunkd

On the contrary, it's the structure of the game that makes all the interruptions possible. Throw the ball, run 10 meters, pause, ok now EVERYONE has to move formation.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I just realized 2Pac died on the 13th in 1996, he was 25. This show is 25 years later after his death, on the 13th. Watch him just pop back up like, what's up?!

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

obviously its not happening

UncleMeat

Could be the rare non lip-synced halftime show which is good but since it's a live rap show it will still be terrible.

RPS37

I just realized 2Pac died on the 13th in 1996, he was 25. This show is 25 years later after his death, on the 13th. Watch him just pop back up like, what's up?!

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

obviously its not happening
I’m confused.
It’s 2022.

Ribi

people who watch the halftime show are also only there to watch the commercials. Real people take that time to do their taxes because you know its gnna be a long ass 30min

Top Bottom