• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark hit road bumps, now expected to release at least a year after Tomb Raider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin_7

Banned
Mod edit: Can't be bothered posting the source, we can't be bothered keeping the thread open.

Tomb Raider is full steam ahead, Perfect Dark I've heard has hit a roadbump or two. You'll see the former before the latter.
I would indeed expect at least a year between them
Tomb Raider has actually been in development for a lot longer than people know, though it did restart when they shifted from Foundation to UE5. It's been in the cards for a while now.

Not going to Post the source but dude is legit.

Perfect Dark 2026 or 2027 then, fighting with Fable for worst development cycle of recent memory 😭🤣

Last edited by a moderator:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
If anybody said 2026-2027 for Perfect Dark in 2020 when it was shown, nobody would have believed them. But this timeline makes sense now.

Tomb Raider isn't releasing this year. It's either 2024 or 2025.

Put 1-2 years after that for Perfect Dark, and it's 2026 or 2027. What the hell! We'd be staring at next-gen consoles by then.

PJX

Why not post the source? By not posting the source, it makes it seem like you are just posting this to rile people up.

Edit: So source was posted and if it is to be believed, MS is in shambles. I don't know how a company of their stature can mismanage so many IPs. Halo was their biggest and what Xbox is known for but now it is becoming irrelevant. They are killing Halo and imo have killed off Gears, so what big IP do they actually have now?

Last edited:

Roufianos

Ugh. Studio was founded in 2018. It's really gonna need 7 years to make a game?

I defend them a lot but MS really are becoming a joke.

Moses85

Very smart decision to fire employees from The Coalition then…

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Not going to Post the source but dude is legit.
This shouldn't be allowed, imo.

No offense intended Ronin_7 Ronin_7 , and I can understand wanting to share some news, but this place is full of wildly ill informed console war bullshit when people are declaring their sources. Things will get even worse if this is allowed to become the standard.

Mr Hyde

Good to hear that Tomb Raider is full steam ahead at least. Hoping for a new trilogy of quality adventures from Miss Croft. Sucks to hear about Perfect Dark but it seems like XGS is in complete turmoil going from all the reports that are popping off left and right.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Quick, somebody give Phil an award!
FYI -- Phil Spencer did just win one more award earlier this week.

"Phil isn’t just an executive in games, he is a gamer himself and because of that he knows exactly what fans want when it comes to the Xbox brand."

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I guess it’s up to MS to actually do more to show they’re making progress on these titles. These long periods of silence don’t help.

Perfectly valid to keep big announcements for showcases, but they really should be providing release windows for most of their announced titles.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Back to using discredited 4chan rumors as a source, eh?
The purples are taking it with credibility, and it’s not like MS run a tight ship in terms of leaks. Especially when it comes to the health of their studios. Personally think it’s time for a change in terms of Matt Booty and whatever the senior leadership team looks like. They just can’t deliver. I worry that their aura will rub off on companies like Double Fine and Bethesda if things aren’t rectified now.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I guess it’s up to MS to actually do more to show they’re making progress on these titles. These long periods of silence don’t help.

Perfectly valid to keep big announcements for showcases, but they really should be providing release windows for most of their announced titles.
Amen brother. I’d take a deep dive even if it’s just a bit of Alpha footage with the studio heads talking candidly about progress even if that means they say it’s a 2025 release window - it’s just maddening to think these games could come at any time from 2024-2027 and to not know anything about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom